• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Reborn: Synchronize [PG-15]

Years
  • Oh no, the woes of being popular~ Well, I think I can accept one more, and I might actually use this as a chance to have three groups of three rather than four groups of two. So go ahead! But this is the last SU I'll accept, m'kay, other lurkers?

PsychoJigglypuff

Crazy and Loving It!
    Years
  • Name: Helena Kenshaw

Appearance: Helena has long, dark brown hair, that she usually keeps in a braid. Her eyes are darker shade of brown, almost black. She has a round face, with rosy cheeks. Her skin is a healthy pink. She does burn rather easily, and rarely ever gets a tan. She is on the shorter end, only 5 feet tall, but has a larger build. She is pleasantly plump, but not enough to be considered "fat." Her typical attire consists of a nice-looking, but not too fancy, pink blouse with a Clefairy face on it, paired with a long white skirt that reaches her knees. Her shoes are simple black flats, with thin white ankle-socks. She only wears jewelry or make-up on formal occasions.

Personality: Helena is very caring and protective of her family and friends. She is always looking out for their best interests, whether they want her to or not. She almost always puts them first, neglecting her own needs. She is a rule follower, and does her best to keep both her friends and herself on the straight and narrow. If something goes amiss, she is quick to blame herself. However, she typically retains her optimistic outlook on life. She is a very friendly and social individual, and makes it her goal to get along with everyone. She enjoys having new experiences, but draws the line if they seem too dangerous. She is an absolute sucker for sweets and anything adorable. Her biggest fears are heights and being alone.

History: Born and raised in Cerulean City, Helena lived a relatively simple life. She is the eldest of three children, with two little brothers. Her parents were busy with their jobs, so Helena would often look after her little brothers. She also enjoyed volunteering at the Pokemon Day-care Center nearby. She had always felt a close connection with the Pokemon there, but she just assumed it was normal. However, when she talked about her connection, people seemed surprised. She became known throughout the town for her ability with Pokemon, which caught the attention of Bill. He informed Professor Oak, who knew of the situation from his colleagues in Johto. Pretty soon, Helena was sent the letter that would change her life.

(Not a very long SU, but I hope it's alright.)

Last edited:
    Years
  • Capi6: Those changes are good, accepted!

PsychoJigglypuff: Pending right now, just for length issues. History is fine, but appearance and personality could use a little more padding. Just describe what you usually wouldn't - her facial features, go into a little more detail on the clothes (are there any logos, etc?) Personality-wise, well, I'm actually not sure how to elaborate... if in doubt, just glean a few more ideas from the others (but don't steal 'em!) It doesn't have to be too much longer, but I'm striving for the best quality we all can give~

But, regardless, I'll get writing the first IC post, so look out for it soon, everyone!

Years
  • PsychoJigglypuff: While it's still kinda short, I've poked through your posts and seen that while SUs don't seem to be your strong point, your writing is fine - and that's the main thing I'm trying to prove here. So, accepted! Everyone, look out for an opening post soon~

Beegu

Is Waldo
    Years
  • Yay! can't wait! I hope this goes good, its seems really cool. Just a question. When will you let us know who we are pairing with and starting from?
    Edit: wait... we don't get pokedexes D:

Last edited:
    Years
  • Beegu: No Pokedexes, because I like to think of them as something only the game characters got - just so there was a definitive guide. Our kids don't need them, because that's not the point of their journey.

And also because I wanted not to have them =P Subvert expectations, drive your audience to think!

The pairing system was changed to a trio to facilitate 9 members as opposed to 8, so it's all there.

Extra Info!
    PoketchXs have all apps preloaded. It's any colour you want.
    Your Pokemon's personality is totally up to you, all I gave you were the species and the gender.

Years
  • Alrighty, I have a few little notes to explain that I'll dot around this OOC thread.

[Inconsistency Alert!]
    Someone has done something that contradicts what someone else wrote. This is an alert, so I can't do much unless it's my fault (in which case, I'll edit my post before posting this, just to inform what happened). All you need to do is fix up your error, and post a "Fixed" message in this thread.

[New Character!]
    I've introduced an important NPC. I'll give a brief physical and personality description. They're NPCs, so do what you want, but if you want to be a bit more radical with what they do, PM me. This will include legendaries.

[Status Change!]
    Someone's caught a Pokemon, or are injured, or so on. Just to alert those who focus on their trio's posts and ignore others, so we all know what's happened.

Now, onto a little more about the world.

The world is game-based. Team Rocket, etc. existed so the legendaries might have memories of what occured. However, it's like every version of the game happened (Groudon, Kyogre, Rayquaza, Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina will all have memories of what occured. However, in the case of Zekrom and Reshiram it's based around Pokemon White). Additionally, not every legendary will be in the game because it'd get a bit too cluttered. I'll put up a list of those not included later. There will be a good amount, though.

To catch Pokemon, as I said earlier, is the normal method. The rarer the Pokemon, the better post you need to write. Every Pokemon will be available to you, so there's no "Route 29: Pidgey" etc. Just put the Pokemon in normal routes - you won't find a Larvitar on Route 29, for example. Just map them to their equivalents in other regions. Additionally, the rareness from most common to least common (aside from the usual things like Absol being very rare) goes Kanto+Johto>Sinnoh>Hoenn>Unova. So it'd be quite a bit harder to catch a Lillipup over a Ratatta. PM me if you're not sure a Pokemon should be in that place or not.

Okay, back to our regularly scheduled roleplay- wait, hang on.

[Inconsistency Alert!]
    Amber (Tokio) has interacted with Naomi (Otherworld9)), who hasn't responded. All you really need to do is tack on the little introduction on the end of the post, it's nothing too major.

Otherworld9)

Bard of Rage
    Years
  • [Inconsistency Alert!]
    Amber (Tokio) has interacted with Naomi (Otherworld9)), who hasn't responded. All you really need to do is tack on the little introduction on the end of the post, it's nothing too major.

Oh, I didn't see that...I seriously didn't...must have been me since I skimmed over it. I'm losing it.

There, fixed it. :cer_smile:

Years
  • Oh, I didn't see that...I seriously didn't...must have been me since I skimmed over it. I'm losing it.

There, fixed it. :cer_smile:
    Haha, that's why I have this in place! Little more work for me, but I don't mind.

In other news... well, I don't have any right now, other than me writing up basic NPCs for later in the story. Should be interesting.

If you want, you guys can ponder about the plot and speculate... and maybe some of your ideas might make it in~! I won't say yes/no/right/wrong to anything, though.

[Inconsistency Alert!]
    miltankRancher, just a note, Vincent's speaking a little too clearly for a young Pokemon and you just met him - right now, though words like "yes" and "no" will come through he should be a little more emotion based for now. More like, "I am yes cute" "Totodile but new name yes", that kinda thing - think... like someone learning English. The more you know them, the older they are, the smarter their species, the clearer they speak.

Last edited:

Quest

Veteran Roleplayer
    Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2023
    Alrighty, I have a few little notes to explain that I'll dot around this OOC thread.

[Inconsistency Alert!]
    Someone has done something that contradicts what someone else wrote. This is an alert, so I can't do much unless it's my fault (in which case, I'll edit my post before posting this, just to inform what happened). All you need to do is fix up your error, and post a "Fixed" message in this thread.

[New Character!]
    I've introduced an important NPC. I'll give a brief physical and personality description. They're NPCs, so do what you want, but if you want to be a bit more radical with what they do, PM me. This will include legendaries.

[Status Change!]
    Someone's caught a Pokemon, or are injured, or so on. Just to alert those who focus on their trio's posts and ignore others, so we all know what's happened.

I've never really seen these type of things in an RP before. Nice thinking.

BTW, are we just gonna talk to our partners and have them get to know each other for awhile?

PsychoJigglypuff

Crazy and Loving It!
    Years
  • Concerning what Tokio mentioned in her Inconsistency Alert, I was personally unsure of the level of communication they would actually have with their Pokemon at this point. I didn't know if they could actually "talk" to them, like a few people were posting. I just figured that since Aiden is shy, he'd be less open to communication at this point, so that works. xD

Years
  • Concerning what Tokio mentioned in her Inconsistency Alert, I was personally unsure of the level of communication they would actually have with their Pokemon at this point. I didn't know if they could actually "talk" to them, like a few people were posting. I just figured that since Aiden is shy, he'd be less open to communication at this point, so that works. xD
    Well, I hope it's all cleared up - that's why these are in place, I guess, so we don't all get utterly confused. I have, like, a focus in my mind that I know other people can't read, so if I point things out to nudge 'em in the right direction, it'll help!

@Watchman: Pretty much that and start heading off. Kinda free-form at the moment.

Years
  • Urgh, I'm a bit sick and my internet was disconnected due to small animals' teeth for a little while, so I haven't posted. Sorry >.<;

I see a battle has been offered up. Well, I forgot to think about the mechanics for PvP battle actually, ahaha. I suppose just figuring out who wins over PM and one post each for the battle would be good.

Last edited:
    Back