• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Blue hack: Pokémon Redcurrant & Blueberry

Years
    • Any
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I've decided to try and catalogue my adventure through this mod in my normal way: With a single 'Mon line. In this case I've decided on a good fallback: Nidoqueen/King.

~BROCK~
    Spoiler:

~MISTY~
    Spoiler:

~SURGE~
    Spoiler:

I'll keep going tomorrow after work. Here's hoping my Nidoqueen has what it takes to go the distance.

We're cheering for Queenie! I love your breakdown, can't wait to hear more! Crush might be a touch on the powerful side...but hey, it isn't STAB, so you'll have stronger moves at some point later. Hmhmmmmmm.

I'd include Erika in here now, if I didn't crash hard trying to sort through my TMs in Celadon by trying to use TM 13 to learn what it is.

I'm sorry about this! I'm aware of this bug and will be attempting to fix it. I'll upload new patches if I succeed.

Dekaylab8

I have Harm OCD...
    Years
  • Hey BlueZangoose,

Just wanted to say that I'm pretty interested in your hack. I enjoy the simplistic nature of it (change the moves and add a cheat house). I even took quite a bit of time to craft a team for this hack (like a few hours if you get what I mean). Here's what I'm thinking of once I get to the E4:

Nidoking
    Tentacruel
    Tauros
    Exeggutor
    Vaporeon
    Aerodactyl

As you can see, my team is focused on the usage of "Parasting" to paralyze opponents and take advantage of the opposing team's paralyzed mons, a common strategy in Gen 1. I know I'm overdoing it, but that's just how I like to make my teams; diet meta style.

I'm playing Factory Adventure now, but once I'm finished with my current run (I'm over 11 hour into that game, so I'll be done soon), I'm going to give this game a go with 80C's run patch since I cannot stand playing a game W/O run sometimes. Anyway, good night and a Happy New Year! :-)

P.S. I would give you advice on what's good and what's bad move-wise, but hearing how you probably won't make another hack or change this one too much because of real life commitments, I won't.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Any
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Hey BlueZangoose,

Just wanted to say that I'm pretty interested in your hack. I enjoy the simplistic nature of it (change the moves and add a cheat house). I even took quite a bit of time to craft a team for this hack (like a few hours if you get what I mean). Here's what I'm thinking of once I get to the E4:

Nidoking
    Tentacruel
    Tauros
    Exeggutor
    Vaporeon
    Aerodactyl

As you can see, my team is focused on the usage of "Parasting" to paralyze opponents and take advantage of the opposing team's paralyzed mons, a common strategy in Gen 1. I know I'm overdoing it, but that's just how I like to make my teams; diet meta style.

I'm playing Factory Adventure now, but once I'm finished with my current run (I'm over 11 hour into that game, so I'll be done soon), I'm going to give this game a go with 80C's run patch since I cannot stand playing a game W/O run sometimes. Anyway, good night and a Happy New Year! :-)

P.S. I would give you advice on what's good and what's bad move-wise, but hearing how you probably won't make another hack or change this one too much because of real life commitments, I won't.

Oh, I'm making other hacks, and tweaking this hack's balance is easy, so those are both very much on the table. I'm just not making a Gen 2 hack.

Good luck with your team! I'm especially interested in Aerodactyl, since he should - in theory - be SO much better; he was a huge victim of awful movesets.

Years
    • Seen Oct 14, 2023
    I found a bug. I got the S.S ticket from Bill (I have 2 badges) and battled Team Rocket grunt, who robbed the house in Cerulian City. After the Battle with that grunt, he wanted to give an HM 06, then the hack bugged out

Dekaylab8

I have Harm OCD...
    Years
  • I found a bug. I got the S.S ticket from Bill (I have 2 badges) and battled Team Rocket grunt, who robbed the house in Cerulian City. After the Battle with that grunt, he wanted to give an HM 06, then the hack bugged out

That HM06 is dig. It's been modified to be an HM move because TheBlueZangoose wanted all field moves to be HM moves with 50 base power (like Tackle in Gen 5 & 6).

I don't know what you mean by "...the hack bugged out" though.

Years
    • Any
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    I found a bug. I got the S.S ticket from Bill (I have 2 badges) and battled Team Rocket grunt, who robbed the house in Cerulian City. After the Battle with that grunt, he wanted to give an HM 06, then the hack bugged out

Thank you for the report. I'll look into it ASAP. Is there any more detail you could provide?

Years
    • She/her
    • Seen May 8, 2024
    This is a very cool concept! Are all the Pokémon in Gen 1 in these hacks, or is it just the changed movesets and other stuff you added?

PerceptioN95

ポケモントレーナ とみい
    Years
    • Seen Nov 11, 2023
    Nice rom hack.

Just don't want to come off as rude, but why is this in the main Rom Hacks section and not in the Sideshow Showcase?

Years
    • Any
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Nice rom hack.

Just don't want to come off as rude, but why is this in the main Rom Hacks section and not in the Sideshow Showcase?

I don't know what that is. Posting my romhack here is my first experience in this forum, I don't really know how it's organised.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I've decided to try and catalogue my adventure through this mod in my normal way: With a single 'Mon line. In this case I've decided on a good fallback: Nidoqueen/King.

~BROCK~
    Spoiler:

Started playing this game a few days ago as well.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Any
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    Started playing this game a few days ago as well.

Spoiler:

Digletts are sneaky buggers!

First rival fight is always unwinnable, barring insane luck.

I just started the hack. It looks like the whole game is the same as the original. I'm guessing all the maps are unchanged?

Everything except Route 1 is identical!

Years
    • Any
    • Seen Mar 30, 2024
    After playing through this, I can honestly say, for playing the same game again, it felt like a fresh experience.

You did a splendid job at taking the original game, and adding some new flavors to it.

Thank you! Goal achieved ^_^

Back