• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Essentials] Pokémon Retired Champion no longer in need of beta-testers and proof-readers

StCooler

Mayst thou thy peace discover.
Years
    • Seen May 5, 2024

►►►Pokémon Retired Champion is now released!◄◄◄

Pokémon Retired Champion no longer in need of beta-testers and proof-readers

SYNOPSIS

Einra, like most adventurers, roams the lands and seas with a singular focus of becoming the very best. Faithful Gym Leaders, Elite four, Champion, Team Generic Evil, all presented values and ambitions, but none presented a challenge.

Uninterested in any further adventures, Einra one day found an abandoned amusement park, and with the help of his longtime friends, restored it to what is now a well-known Castle of Challenges. Parkgoers come for the thrill of building a team of Pokémons from roster and challenging one another.

Einra and his friends fight fulfilling battles nearly every day, and nearly every day was contently peaceful... that is until... odd-coloured Pokémons are found at the amusement park.

CONTENT

• Around 10-15 hours of gameplay.
    • A character-driven story.
    • All Pokémons* from Gen 1 to 8, including the new content from Pokémon Legends: Arceus.
    • Mega-Evolutions, Z-moves and Dynamax are all available.
    • Around 130 new Pokémon forms, ~40 new moves, ~30 new abilities, ~40 new items.
    • Some Pokémons have been re-balanced (detailed list in the manual).
    • New battle mechanic: Assistance. Let a Pokémon from your team help another one in battle!
    • New battle mechanic: Battle Royale. Challenge up to 5 other trainers at the same time and try to be the last one standing!
    • New battle mechanic: Move Seeds. Directly set up a Pokémon on switching in!
    • More chaotic multi battle! Try your best at 4v4, 5v5, and 6v6!
    • A high focus on strategic battles: enjoy multiple tiers**, battle formats and rulesets!
    • Enter challenging battles in which being overpowered cannot help you win, good luck and have fun on your plays of strategies!
    • No catching, no farming. Instead, enjoy a Pokémon Showdown-like menu to strategically build synergic teams!
    • Don't know how to build a team? Try the random team generator!
    • If the battles are too hard for you, the difficulty will adapt to your win rate.
    • Most of the time, you can focus on fighting and move the story when you decide.
    * YES I use a plural form for "Pokémon". I know it's a trademark, but I need to have a plural to avoid ambiguity.
    ** The abovementioned tiers are NOT Smogon-like tiers.

SCREENSHOTS

Spoiler:

RECRUITMENT

Pokémon Retired Champion is a non-profit Pokémon fangame that I've been developing alone for a bit more than two years.
    Everything is implemented, the game is almost finished, but I need to recruit a small team of:
    • Beta-testers to test out my scripts and the game progression.
      I did test everything myself but I am not a player, I am the dev!
    • Native English speakers to check my grammar and wording.
      Even if I write, read and hear English on a daily basis, I am not a native English speaker, so I am bound to make grammar mistakes or use a wrong wording.

If you are interested, post here and I'll send you an invitation to my Discord server in PM.

CREDITS

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    I'm really experienced in beta testing. I be happy to help with your game.

Last edited:
    Years
  • I'm a native English speaker and I like to explore every little thing in games. I'd love to help out with beta testing.

Back