• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Red hack: Pokémon: Righteous Red (Completed!) Version 1.2.0 Released! (5/7/24)

Years
  • Screenshot 2024-04-25 155153.png
    Spr_1b_001.pngWhat is it?
    A Rom-hack of Pokémon Red version, and a large scale one at that. The goal of this project was to enhance what Red is in many different ways, from the Pokémon themselves to the experience of Kanto as a whole. From fixing bugs and glitches, adding new places to explore, fighting new or stronger adversaries and perhaps even discovering some mysteries beyond what I've described-- the original charm of Generation 1 has never been more charming.

Spr_1b_004.png Ok... can you give some examples on how you've changed things?
    Sure thing!

• Every single Pokémon has been altered, be it in stats, typings (including Steel, Dark and Fairy) or the moves they learn-- you will always find new and useful ways to use them.
    • Amongst the new Pokémon, you will also encounter new attacks that they can learn from leveling up or from a TM, ones that are either more powerful, have new effects or perhaps originating from different regions altogether...
    • Alongside all Pokémon from Red/Blue/Green being available to catch, you will also be able to obtain some rather hard-to-get ones such as trade evolutions by level up, you may also find that certain Pokémon are able to evolve beyond what was originally thought possible in Generation 1.
    • New Key Items you find along your way will help provide a more enjoyable experience.... while I don't want to spoil all of the fun, just know that the issue of item space is no longer there.
    • Your journey itself will be larger but also different while keeping the spirit of Kanto fully intact. There will be many new twists and turns, both in the routes you travel and the people/Pokémon you meet. The challenges provided with these changes will keep you on your toes without letting things feel dull or out of place.
    • A built-in level cap that aligns with the highest level of the Gym Leader's ace, alongside the addition of Common Candies at every mart to keep you up to pace.... and....
    .... much, much, much more...

Spr_1b_007.png Pics or it didn't happen!
    ....right.
    Screenshot 2024-04-25 161734.pngScreenshot 2024-04-25 161921.pngScreenshot 2024-04-25 162520.png

Screenshot 2024-04-27 201837.pngScreenshot 2024-04-27 201825.pngScreenshot 2024-04-27 201811.pngScreenshot 2024-04-25 162436.png

Spr_1b_133.pngWow.
    Indeed.
    However, for those with interest in knowing the exact details on certain changes to the moves and Pokémon, you can find them within the docs. I have also provided a link to the patch. :) Hope you all enjoy!
    PS: Keep in mind that we are continuing to perform bug fixes/add new Pokémon/enhance mechanics, but the game itself is in a complete state as far as start-finish! Feel free to let me know if you encounter any bugs, have any suggestions or...anything really, it will help us out a ton!

Discord Link!: https://discord.gg/8BS5MhpdQh

Credits go out to CamelConvention, mmemento_martha and the KEP for providing additional sprites, TriteHexagon (for Giovanni's Battle theme) as well as everyone who played the buggy versions before this one lol

**UPDATE 5/7/24**

**v1.2.0 is out! This is a major update, so old save files will not work. Please patch a fresh ROM to play this update.**

**General Changes**
    - Reduced critical hit rate to 1/4 normal (high crit moves are unchanged)
    - Added level cap of 70 for e4 + champion
    - Various bug fixes and map adjustments
    - Changed some text (notably Oak now tells you to go down to Cinnabar)

**Pokemon Changes**
    - **New Pokemon:** Leafeon, Glaceon, Crobat, Mr. Rime, Electivire, Magmortar, Hitmontop, Porygon2, Porygon-Z, Annihilape, Kingdra, Politoed, Slowking, Scizor, Kleavor, Rhyperior
    - Adjusted Meowth and Persian's learnset (Metal Claw is now learned at level 28, and Sharpen is learned at level 32)
    - Growlithe and Arcanine now (correctly) learn Strength
    - Dodrio => Normal-Flying
    - Hitmonlee => Fighting-Normal
    - Hitmonchan => Fighting-Dark, now learns Dark Pulse via TM and at level 42
    - Kabutops => Steel-Rock
    - Jynx => Ice/Ghost, attack reduced, speed increased
    - Shellder now evolves via Ice Stone
    - Zubat now evolves at level 22 again
    - Golbat and Porygon's stats have been nerfed to accommodate their evolutions

**Other Changes**
    - New Items: Ice Stone, King's Rock, Dubious Disc
    - Various changes to trainers

Full Walkthrough/Guide:

Attachments

• pokemon_docs (1).txt
      44.4 KB · Views: 182
    • move_docs.txt
      6.4 KB · Views: 122
    • Pokemon_Righteous_Red_v1.2.1.ips
      505.2 KB · Views: 6
    Last edited:
    Years
  • This definitely seems interesting, the addition of new areas reminds me of Parallell emerald. Do you have plans on fixing the backsprites?
    We have discussed repairing the front and back sprites in due time, but it isn't a top priority right now until we manage to get all of the Pokémon we want into the game. (specifically, the Pokémon that evolve from the ones present in RBY)
    Actually...you can see some of my front sprite enhancements in the starters used above, but....

Attachments

• Spr_1b_147.png
      Spr_1b_147.png
      813 bytes · Views: 8
    Days
    • Seen today
    How do you patch the ROM? It downloaded a .ips.txt file for me. Can that still work?

Years
  • A quick tip for anyone who might be struggling-- go to Cinnabar Island first once you get your dex. It's right below Pallet Town. ^-^b

Years
    • Seen May 3, 2024
    What new pokemon are there? I previewed the doc for a sec and saw sylveon steelix and umbreon. But are later cross gen evos coming i.e. tangrowth,electivire,magmortar, and porygon z coming?

Years
  • What new pokemon are there? I previewed the doc for a sec and saw sylveon steelix and umbreon. But are later cross gen evos coming i.e. tangrowth,electivire,magmortar, and porygon z coming?
    All cross Gen evolutions will be added, only those three and Espeon are here ATM.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240429_142030_Discord.jpg
      Screenshot_20240429_142030_Discord.jpg
      94.7 KB · Views: 19
    Years
  • We will look into this!
    The issue seems to be Mew's level!
    For anyone experiencing this issue, make room in your party before getting it from the Game Corner, level it up at least once, and then you should be able to deposit it safely! Sorry for the inconvenience-- it will be fixed next patch!

Last edited:
    Back