• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokémon Rising Crystal [COMPLETED]

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I'm quite enjoying this hack so far. The Smeargle evolution is fun to use. Ariados with buffed stats and a stronger Leech Life is great.

Is there a move reminder somewhere? How are we supposed to get a Tangela that knows Spore? Is it intentionally impossible to get? I tried breeding two Tangelas and the resulting level five baby didn't get it...

Minor issue -- is it intentional to keep the BP of Dig at 60? Some people have real problems but I was a little disappointed to see that.

Glad to hear that you're having a good experience so far. As for the two issues you mentioned, they can mostly be attributed to oversights. Wasn't actually aware Dig was buffed in future games. I've been silently compiling problems that I've heard people have with the game and have been experimenting with a patch that tries to mitigate said issues. As for why Tangela doesn't get Spore, I'm not sure why. I guess I could move Spore a bit higher up to make it a level-up move instead. I'll continue to listen to community feedback and release a patch to the game when I feel the time is right!

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I would be happy to see an update. I can share more comments and concerns inspired by my playthrough if they would be helpful.

I may just cheat to give Tangela Spore if that issue isn't intentional...

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    It looks like Fly still has a BP of 70 rather than 90...

Also, Spore's accuracy isn't 100 percent. Is that intentional?

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2023
    It looks like Fly still has a BP of 70 rather than 90...

Also, Spore's accuracy isn't 100 percent. Is that intentional?

Spore's accuracy nerf was intentional, as it was too simple to sketch spore on smeargle, which made smeargle's evolution far too powerful.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I just beat the Elite Four while I was in a Zoom meeting for work.

In other news, I see that Outrage still has a BP of 90... That's pretty annoying.

Is it intentional to not let rock Pokemon learn Strength? I just got an Aerodactyl and I feel like these issues make him uncompetitive.

I realize that Flareon isn't supposed to learn Solar Beam, but maybe you guys would consider changing that since Flareon now has a good special attack stat?

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I just beat the Elite Four while I was in a Zoom meeting for work.

In other news, I see that Outrage still has a BP of 90... That's pretty annoying.

Is it intentional to not let rock Pokemon learn Strength? I just got an Aerodactyl and I feel like these issues make him uncompetitive.

I realize that Flareon isn't supposed to learn Solar Beam, but maybe you guys would consider changing that since Flareon now has a good special attack stat?

I'll definitely consider the things you've brought up here. Again, these things can mostly be attributed to small oversights that didn't cross my mind, so I'll see what I can do about them in the patch I'm working on.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Maybe I should wait for an update to finish the game. Fun game anyway. Having a level ceiling based on the last boss fight is a great feature that I wish more hacks had.

Update: I went ahead and beat the game. I defeated Ash, the guy in Celadon Mansion (a hack creator?), and the second version of the Elite Four. I don't think there's anything else to do?

Pokémon Rising Crystal [COMPLETED]

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2023
    Maybe I should wait for an update to finish the game. Fun game anyway. Having a level ceiling based on the last boss fight is a great feature that I wish more hacks had.

Update: I went ahead and beat the game. I defeated Ash, the guy in Celadon Mansion (a hack creator?), and the second version of the Elite Four. I don't think there's anything else to do?

Pokémon Rising Crystal [COMPLETED]

Did you try the gym rematches?

There's also a bit of hidden content, that may or may not be too obscure.

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2023
    No, I'll try the gym leader rematches. What hidden content?

Thank you for making the hack.

My pleasure, glad you enjoy it. A new patch is coming along the way, and it fixes a bunch of oversights.

There are a few hidden dev fights, as well as other hidden events.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen yesterday
    A new patch has been released for the game! This new patch fixes the appearance of a few Pokémon and fixes a few move errors.

Patch notes are available on the main post.

Please save in a Pokémon Center before going over to the new version. Patch a clean ROM and use the same save file.

Years
    • Seen Oct 9, 2021
    I'm having a great time with Rising Crystal so far!

I wanted to message cause I found a maybe glitch?? I'm not entirely sure. I just beat Pryce, and decided to breed my typhlosion for silly reasons (want to get a shiny).... and I'm only on the first step where I'm breeding with a ditto, but it's not giving me any eggs?? I've biked back and forth in turbo for... I haven't been keeping track, but more than 10 minutes, and not gotten a single egg. Also, it seems to erase the experience bar? My typhlosion is definitely below the level cap (49 after Pryce), but even if I put it in the day care with like, a partial meter of experience, it will set back to 0 for the level when I pull it out of the day care.

Is this a glitch? If I increase the level cap farther will it help? I just installed the patch, and still having this problem.

Years
    • Seen Jul 24, 2023
    I'm having a great time with Rising Crystal so far!

I wanted to message cause I found a maybe glitch?? I'm not entirely sure. I just beat Pryce, and decided to breed my typhlosion for silly reasons (want to get a shiny).... and I'm only on the first step where I'm breeding with a ditto, but it's not giving me any eggs?? I've biked back and forth in turbo for... I haven't been keeping track, but more than 10 minutes, and not gotten a single egg. Also, it seems to erase the experience bar? My typhlosion is definitely below the level cap (49 after Pryce), but even if I put it in the day care with like, a partial meter of experience, it will set back to 0 for the level when I pull it out of the day care.

Is this a glitch? If I increase the level cap farther will it help? I just installed the patch, and still having this problem.

That does indeed seem like a glitch, we'll take a look at it pronto.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    A new patch has been released for the game! This new patch fixes the problem with the Daycare and updates the appearance of a few Pokémon.

Please save in a Pokémon Center before going over to the new version. Patch a clean ROM and use the same save file.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    Feraligatr is supposed to get agility when it evolves from Croconaw at 30, which helps offset its poor speed. Even the pokedex states that when all fours it moves at alarmingly high speed for a large pokemon which is why I say this.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    ok this is just not right, you said this was not intended to be an overly difficult hack yet you give Bugsy 3 overpowered bugs with LEECH LIFE????

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    ok this is just not right, you said this was not intended to be an overly difficult hack yet you give Bugsy 3 overpowered bugs with LEECH LIFE????

To my knowledge, nowhere have I stated that this was not intended to be an overly difficult hack. I even warn potential players in the main post that "this hack puts an emphasis on difficulty".

I'm sorry if you're not enjoying it, but I did say that it may not be everyone's cup of tea.

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    Would you be willing to release the source? I want to be able to level up past 100 come post game and it's something that even I know how to do lol.

I'm looking forward to giving this a shot! After Radical Red, it's made me look differently on hacks with level caps before bosses. :)

Back