• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokémon Rising Earth

Years
    • Seen Jan 25, 2023
    Is it possible to have a non MEGA download? My computer doesn't run MEGA anymore cause it's old as heck.

Years
    • Seen today
    Can you describe your gamestate? Where did you save, which Pokemon did you have, what did you do just before, etc. Maybe I can try to recreate the error.
    If I remember correctly my team was Sneasel, Combusken, Yamper, Lombre, Skarmory and probably.. Rockruff? Last thing that I did was catching some pokemon, I saved outside the pokemon center of the second or third town, the town with the first badge.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2023
    Hey, where is the breeding center? I wanna breed for a slightly better nature for something

It's on Route 11, slightly before Brightcliff Town aka the 5th Gym.
    Is it possible to have a non MEGA download? My computer doesn't run MEGA anymore cause it's old as heck.

Would mediafire work?
    If I remember correctly my team was Sneasel, Combusken, Yamper, Lombre, Skarmory and probably.. Rockruff? Last thing that I did was catching some pokemon, I saved outside the pokemon center of the second or third town, the town with the first badge.

Hmm, I'll look into it. Do tell if something like that happens again tho.

Last edited:
    Years
  • Hi. Im stuck at route 10 trying to cross the bridge before the double battles. Also i can surf on that bridge. Hope you can help me with this error.

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2023
    this is the only game that thing happen with me

I'll try to look into this, but I'll be honest here I don't know where to begin since I have no way of replicating that issue.
    Hi. Im stuck at route 10 trying to cross the bridge before the double battles. Also i can surf on that bridge. Hope you can help me with this error.

Oh this was me being very dumb and not testing a mapping change I made before release. I'll upload a hotfix to the OP right away (also that mediafire link up there in the middle will be updated, but gimme like ~5 minutes for that)

You can still surf on land, which I need to look into what the issue is, but you are able to proceed now.

Years
    • Seen today
    I started playing a few days ago and I'm liking it so far. Game flow feels good, it runs smooth, and the battle engine you've chosen is arguably my favorite. Also love Pokémon variety and the idea of themed gyms.

A couple of questions:
    -Is there a way to get hidden Abilities later in the game, so for instance I can give Frosmoth Ice Scales?
    -Is there a list/documents with gym leader's and E4/champion levels to prevent overlevelling?

Thank you very much.

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2023
    I started playing a few days ago and I'm liking it so far. Game flow feels good, it runs smooth, and the battle engine you've chosen is arguably my favorite. Also love Pokémon variety and the idea of themed gyms.

Thank you.
    A couple of questions:
    -Is there a way to get hidden Abilities later in the game, so for instance I can give Frosmoth Ice Scales?

After the 8th Gym you can buy Ability Patches from a vendor in Quantasia City, and there's also an NPC that makes it so all wild pokemon have their hidden abilities, when you talk to her.
    -Is there a list/documents with gym leader's and E4/champion levels to prevent overlevelling?

I'm gonna add a google drive with docs to the OP in a minute, among them the Gym Leader and Elite Four teams; If you just want the respective highest Levels without spoiling the teams, they're as follows:

1st Gym: Level 17
    2nd Gym: Level 23
    3rd Gym: Level 38
    4th Gym: Level 42
    5th Gym: Level 57
    6th Gym: Level 66
    7th Gym: Level 80
    8th Gym: Level 97
    Elite Four: Level 100

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
  • Question (and thanks so much for answering all of the others!): Is there a doc with mons level up movesets (I have a Vulpix and Roselia. I have the stones needed but I don't wanna miss any level up moves).

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2023
    Question (and thanks so much for answering all of the others!): Is there a doc with mons level up movesets (I have a Vulpix and Roselia. I have the stones needed but I don't wanna miss any level up moves).

I wouldn't make one for that, because that is a lot of data to compress into a neat form, but if you look into your game folder -> PBS -> pokemon.txt it has all the moves a pokemon can learn along with the Levels.

Years
    • Seen today
    I'm gonna add a google drive with docs to the OP in a minute, among them the Gym Leader and Elite Four teams; If you just want the respective highest Levels without spoiling the teams, they're as follows:

1st Gym: Level 17
    2nd Gym: Level 23
    3rd Gym: Level 38
    4th Gym: Level 42
    5th Gym: Level 57
    6th Gym: Level 66
    7th Gym: Level 80
    8th Gym: Level 97
    Elite Four: Level 100

Yeah, that's the idea, it's just for level management in case I eventually need to play around with Exp. Share, box a Pokémon or skip some trainer battles for later. Thanks for the info, and great game 👍

Edit: Nevermind, Route 10 bridge bug is already fixed, I didn't realize I was playing 1.1 instead of 1.1.1

Last edited:

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
  • Question: Can you get Riolu in this game?
    Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2023
    Edit: Found an issue that I'd like to report, there's an invisible wall on Route 10 bridge that makes it impossible to continue:

Pokémon Rising Earth

There's been a new version uploaded a few days ago that should fix this issue; You'd need to redownload it tho.

Question: Can you get Riolu in this game?
    Spoiler:

Not Riolu, but Lucario. (Even though you get that pretty late, on Marivell Peak.)

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
  • I actually settled on Magnamite (well ton right now haha). Thanks though!

Two questions:
    1. Is it the gen VIII method of evolving Magneton into Magnezone?
    2. Where can I get Heart Scales?

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2023
    Two questions:
    1. Is it the gen VIII method of evolving Magneton into Magnezone?
    2. Where can I get Heart Scales?

1. It evolves via a Thunder Stone. I also realized I didn't post the Evolution Method table I had here, so I'm gonna add that to the OP.
    2. There are several hidden on multiple routes, but if you cannot find any, once you get to Brightcliff Town there is an NPC that will give you five once a day.

Years
    • Seen Apr 10, 2022
    There's been a new version uploaded a few days ago that should fix this issue; You'd need to redownload it tho.
    Hey I had the same issue as the others on route 10 and the new download fixed it. thanks

Also, is there a map of the Shifty Woodlands?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 17, 2023
    Ended up trying to Nuzlocke this game on stream and got my face kicked in twice. I restricted use of the nurse in each center and paid for it with two losses, but I'll be back later to beat it.

I do have some problems I ran into while playing (do note that my farthest attempt ended against Gwen), mostly minor ones.
    - Icy Wind causes a huge amount of slow down, which is odd, because it is the only move that did that in battle. An easy fix is to change the animation over to one of the other Ice moves.
    - Bright Sun causes stuttering in some areas, specifically forests. Personal note: It is also super bright, if possible, tone it down just a bit.
    - Balance wise, the game is fine besides a few hiccups, the biggest being the difficulty grass types have in most areas. If you choose Treeko, good luck.
    - The first gym giving out Reflect/Lightscreen is cool for early game, except the gym leader uses fixed damage moves, making it an odd choice as those don't effect stuff like Dragon Rage.
    - In the case of the gym leaders, the healing seems odd, mostly because of the focus on the first pokemon you weaken or not healing at all sometimes, probably just a AI quirk, but was noticeable.

On the note of a nuzlocke part, well this game doesn't pair too well with the challenge, but I will try again in a bit. Overall, I really like the game, it has a lot of thought behind the progression and while it has issues, at the end of the day it was a fun way to play Pokemon. Excellent job!

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2023
    Ended up trying to Nuzlocke this game on stream and got my face kicked in twice. I restricted use of the nurse in each center and paid for it with two losses, but I'll be back later to beat it.

This is actually the first time somebody streamed my game, so I went ahead and watched your VOD. I really liked your playthrough, left you a follow too.
    - Icy Wind causes a huge amount of slow down, which is odd, because it is the only move that did that in battle. An easy fix is to change the animation over to one of the other Ice moves.

I'm gonna look into that, but since those animations come pre-packaged with the battle UI I need to be a little careful as to not break something.
    - Bright Sun causes stuttering in some areas, specifically forests. Personal note: It is also super bright, if possible, tone it down just a bit.

I noticed that while watching your VOD, which is weird to me since in my playthroughs it was bright, but never to that extend. But same as Icy Wind, this is a pre-built thing so I need to do some digging to figure out where to change that.
    - Balance wise, the game is fine besides a few hiccups, the biggest being the difficulty grass types have in most areas. If you choose Treeko, good luck.

Yeah, Treeko is kinda an internal hard mode, because it sucks in the early game and Mega Sceptile sucks in the late game. As for the other two, Torchic is really good late game while Mudkip is great for the early game.
    - The first gym giving out Reflect/Lightscreen is cool for early game, except the gym leader uses fixed damage moves, making it an odd choice as those don't effect stuff like Dragon Rage.

This was honestly just a case of "whatever else am I gonna make her give". Fixed damage moves don't have TMs, I didn't want her to give out an Eviolite since that's Jenkins' thing and there were no other noticeable moves on her team other than Reflect and Lightscreen on Dratini.
    - In the case of the gym leaders, the healing seems odd, mostly because of the focus on the first pokemon you weaken or not healing at all sometimes, probably just a AI quirk, but was noticeable.

That's an AI thing, it always heals at the first opportunity it sees, except it sometimes doesn't. But since I'm not nearly skilled enough in scripting to modify AI, there's sadly not much I can do about that.
    On the note of a nuzlocke part, well this game doesn't pair too well with the challenge, but I will try again in a bit. Overall, I really like the game, it has a lot of thought behind the progression and while it has issues, at the end of the day it was a fun way to play Pokemon. Excellent job!

I wanted to make a game that was tough for a regular playthrough, and by extension that makes Nuzlockes really difficult. But I'm glad you enjoy it, thank you!

Back