• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Completed] Pokémon Rising Earth

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Just like to know, did anyone EV train and IV breed their pokemon before they challenged the 7th gym?

I EV trained, since trainers do obviously have good EV spreads, but didn't breed. I have to admit I won a few battles just thanks to the AI doing dumb things.

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    Just noticed a couple things.....

I can't trade Kanto Vulpix for Alolan Vulpix.

And when I tried to put a Sizzlepede in the Day Care, I got an error and the game closed. Which sucks because I really wanted to breed Pokemon, especially the ones that very rarely appear in the wild.

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2023
    Just noticed a couple things.....

I can't trade Kanto Vulpix for Alolan Vulpix.

And when I tried to put a Sizzlepede in the Day Care, I got an error and the game closed. Which sucks because I really wanted to breed Pokemon, especially the ones that very rarely appear in the wild.

For the first thing, does the game give an error or does it just not work?

For the second one, could you shoot me a screenshot of the error message? I'll try to have it fixed with the next release.

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    For the first thing, does the game give an error or does it just not work?

For the second one, could you shoot me a screenshot of the error message? I'll try to have it fixed with the next release.

For Vulpix trade, it says "not able" under Vulpix in the Pokemon screen when I try to do the trade.

Also noticed that Inceneroar isn't available on the map. I saw Decideye and Primarina but not the third Alolan starter? I ended up choosing Rowlet because I knew I could catch Popplio in the wild. I also need to ask where to catch Treecko as well since I didn't choose it as my starter at the beginning of the game.
    (I'm at gym 5 by the way).

7nm0p5u.png

The daycare error is above.

Okay, where do I get the power items? (Power Belt, etc.) I heard that you could get them after 5th gym. Well, I've beat the 6th gym & and I still haven't found them!! 😡

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2023
    Alright, here comes a (moderately) big update, that finally completes the game in terms of content.

So far the Postgame content only included legendary encounters, this new update adds some additional story, but mostly acts as a wraparound segment for a variety of challenging double battles.

There have not been any major addons in terms of content aside from that. There were some little QoL updates though. There is now a second healing spot roughly in the middle of Paladin Cavern, so you don't have to run back to the entrance at all times, and traded Pokemon don't disobey you anymore, since even regular pokemons level cannot keep up with the Gym Badge caps. Also, Zigzagoon can now be encountered on Route 1 to make that trade in Dowalis Town actually possible.

There were also some minor bugfixes, most of them however through the update of the Gen 8 Project resource. There might still be some bugs that pop up in the middle of a battle, some of which have already been reported to me but I haven't been able to replicate them to figure out what they're about. Be on the lookout and save your game often!

I have added a little FAQ to the OP, with things I've been, well, frequently asked about the game.

A last thing that I need to stress: Due to the fact that I updated the Gen 8 Project resource I cannot guarantee that your previous save will work with no issues. If you update from a version before 1.2, your game will bug out in battles and wild battles will crash. For Version 1.2 itself, I sadly (or rather, stupidly) didn't get to test it since I started a new game immediately after the update to check if something specific worked, and deleted my previous save.

Anyways, the downloads are both in the OP, but I'll put them here and here too for good measure.

Also, I have a Discord now if you want a more direct way to ask me things about the game. The link is here, as well as in the OP.

This concludes Pokemon Rising Earth in terms of content; There might be future updates for bugfixes if that becomes necessary. (If that doesn't validate the use of the 'Completed' tag for the game, please yell at me and I'll change it back.)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Also noticed that Inceneroar isn't available on the map. I saw Decideye and Primarina but not the third Alolan starter? I ended up choosing Rowlet because I knew I could catch Popplio in the wild. I also need to ask where to catch Treecko as well since I didn't choose it as my starter at the beginning of the game.
    (I'm at gym 5 by the way).
    There's some pokemon that are only available as Gift Pokemon and some that are available as both; Starters sometimes fall into both categories.

Okay, where do I get the power items? (Power Belt, etc.) I heard that you could get them after 5th gym. Well, I've beat the 6th gym & and I still haven't found them!! 😡
    Pretty sure I somewhere said before the 7th Gym but oh well, Power Items are on Route 7, you can get them after you beat the Blackbelt. (Also sorry I didn't reply sooner, I didn't see you edited your post.)

The issues you mentioned both got fixed in the new version, both the Vulpix trade and the Daycare bug.

Years
    • Seen Mar 23, 2023
    I got the power items, don't worry. 😁

And how do I tell which version I have before I update the game??

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2023
    Hello

New to this game and just load version 1.3 today
    3 minute into the game and suddenly went into a bug.
    Well, cannot blame me for a weird player.

Bug report

When you exit your house for the very first time, you can run north to the exact same spot as the fat guy (whatever his name is) and run pass him.
    Your rival will try to catch up with you, he ran pass that fat guy too.
    You can listen to him for a bit and TOTALLY ignore him by continue north along the route.
    Trainers will come to you when they spot you
    You can listen to them for a bit and TOTALLY ignore them again by continue your way
    And you can enter the first cave, whatever its name is.
    I explore the cave for a bit and met Elias (Hope I spell his name right)
    And that's when I soft lock the game.

Sorry for being a weird player.
    I will restart the game again and play it how I should play it.

PS. found another one
    if you pick your Pokémon from the other side of the table, you will end up talking and receiving Pokedex from the wall.
    Not a serious bug but a fun one.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2023
    I got the power items, don't worry. 😁

And how do I tell which version I have before I update the game??

I suppose I never added an easy version to figure out, huh?

Here's what you do, check one of the following
    - Is the Power Item Trainer on Route 7?
    - Does Jacksons father on Forlorn Ilse sell mints?
    - Can you revive Fossils in the museum?

If you say yes to any of them, you're on 1.2, if not you're on a previous version.

Well, cannot blame me for a weird player.

I can and I will. jk

When you exit your house for the very first time, you can run north to the exact same spot as the fat guy (whatever his name is) and run pass him.
    Your rival will try to catch up with you, he ran pass that fat guy too.
    You can listen to him for a bit and TOTALLY ignore him by continue north along the route.
    Trainers will come to you when they spot you
    You can listen to them for a bit and TOTALLY ignore them again by continue your way
    And you can enter the first cave, whatever its name is.
    I explore the cave for a bit and met Elias (Hope I spell his name right)
    And that's when I soft lock the game.

Huh, that goes on the list, and I'll fix it in the eventual bug fix release.

if you pick your Pokémon from the other side of the table, you will end up talking and receiving Pokedex from the wall.
    Not a serious bug but a fun one.

Same for this one, will be fixed with the next version. Thanks for reporting!

Years
    • Seen Jun 29, 2023
    Just cleared the main game. Fantastic game thus far. Good use of the EXP Share with the intensifying challenge. Was there a reason for no waterfall replacement item, or did I just miss it somewhere?

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2023
    Just cleared the main game. Fantastic game thus far. Good use of the EXP Share with the intensifying challenge. Was there a reason for no waterfall replacement item, or did I just miss it somewhere?

Thank you, I'm glad you are enjoying it.

There is no Waterfall replacement item because the plugin script I use for HM Items didn't provide one, and I'm not good enough a coder to make one myself. If it is ever available I'll add it, but I considered it not that much of an issue since Waterfall is at least a good move.

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2023
    Can anyone tell me what to do in the post game ? The first ''riddle'' after i talk to the guy at Omegata tower is to go back to my room. What about the second ?? '' View the stage from the highest angle '''

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2023
    Can anyone tell me what to do in the post game ? The first ''riddle'' after i talk to the guy at Omegata tower is to go back to my room. What about the second ?? '' View the stage from the highest angle '''

You can take that pretty literally; Go to the highest place in the region, which is where you fought Noah during the Gym Battle.

Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2023
    Hello!

I think a file was misnamed and/or misplaced in version 1.3. The error I encountered was:
    "Script '[Elite Battle: DX] EBDX Wrapper.rb' line 137: Errno::ENOENT occured.
    No such file or directory - Graphics/EBDX/Battlers/Eggs/000cracks"

Renaming the 000_crack in "Graphics\Pokemon\Eggs" to "000cracks," and putting it in the "Graphics/EBDX/Battlers/Eggs" folder appears to work as a fix, although I did find it off having the cracks appear over the "?" that was the original version of the "000" file in the "Graphics/EBDX/Battlers" folder.

As an additional edit, I replaced those with the attached egg images, with the "000s" and "000sb" files darkened in a similar manner to the original "?" icons, and edited the cracks in the attached "000cracks" to be about 8 pixels lower than in the original image, to match the eggs.

Hope this helps anyone who was kept from having an "egg-cellent" time playing this game!

Edit: Just did the post-game, that was trippy fun! (Was slightly less enthused about the waterfalls on Victory Road, main party didn't have a Water-Type 😅.)

Attachments

• 000.png
      000.png
      1.8 KB · Views: 207
    • 000b.png
      000b.png
      1.8 KB · Views: 207
    • 000s.png
      000s.png
      2.7 KB · Views: 207
    • 000sb.png
      000sb.png
      2.7 KB · Views: 208
    • 000cracks.png
      000cracks.png
      2.7 KB · Views: 8
    Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2023
    I've uploaded a new version to the OP that fixes some minor issues.

Changes include:
    - Added move animations.
    - EVs and IVs are now visible in the party screen.
    - You can now hatch eggs (Thank you to Ditto_Overlords for that fix.)
    - Some gift pokemon now have the stats they are supposed to have.
    - Bug Bite has been added to the available tutor moves.
    - Some very minor cosmetic upgrades, including stuff you were able to walk over previously but not anymore.

What hasn't changed: I have been reported some battle related bugs that made the game crash and that I haven't been able to replicate, but luckily they all seem to be very niche and specific. Be on the lookout and save often!

Years
    • Seen May 26, 2023
    WfR6wJt
    hi, I came across a game breaking bug in castaway cavern U1 , in the double battle following finding the TM Scald ,here is the image of it.
    WfR6wJt

I am really enjoying the game so far, cant wait to finish it, hope you are gonna fix this bug soon

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2023
    Sorry, but when I try to play this game, my PC noticed that " This app can't run on your PC". I don't know what shoud I do. Can you help my please!

Years
    • Seen Nov 26, 2023
    Sorry, but when I try to play this game, my PC noticed that " This app can't run on your PC". I don't know what shoud I do. Can you help my please!

There's not really much that I can suggest to you here. My first thought would be to redownload the entire game and see if that fixes the issue. Aside from that, I'm not sure what else I could do to help you. Does it happen right when you launch the game, or does it run for a bit and then crash?

Back