• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon Run (v4.6) 5/15

How hard is the game for you?

• Easy, I never lost a single battle!

Votes: 11 17.2%
  • Easy

Votes: 4 6.3%
  • Nicely balanced

Votes: 32 50.0%
  • Challenging

Votes: 13 20.3%
  • Too challenging

Votes: 4 6.3%

• Total voters
Years
  • This looks interesting! I'm thinking about getting it. However, is it 'complete-able', playable from start to finish?

If by complete-able you mean a complete, finished game, it is not. The demo can be fully completed as long as you're fully patched (4.6.2). This patch does not contain a fix for the shaymin mission, however. The instructions to fix that are here:
    Spoiler:

If you happen to play it, I hope you have fun and let me know what you think!

Years
    • Seen Jul 11, 2019
    Playing this game from blind, found a Helix and revive it, it is an Omanyte with constrict and withdraw, it don't even have water gun and stuck with 10 power constrict with low physical attack fml :(.

Years
    • Seen Jul 6, 2019
    By "Complete-able" I SORT OF meant completed, but not quite. I wanted to know how bad of a cliffhanger the demo ends on. But I suppose I'll find out when I play it :)

Last edited:

Extralink

Lost
    Years
  • There's certainly some questions left unanswered by the end of the demo and a decent cliffhanger, it makes me excited for the next release.

Years
  • Because this game gets updated periodically, it's definitely going to leave off on awkward cliffhangers. I'm not really adding installments in an episodic fashion, which means you might be hit with an "end of demo" out of nowhere :/ Maybe I should think about improving that.

Playing this game from blind, found a Helix and revive it, it is an Omanyte with constrict and withdraw, it don't even have water gun and stuck with 10 power constrict with low physical attack fml :(.

Yes, this is because I misunderstood how Essentials handles that. I'm fixing it so that every starter is resurrected with a complete moveset. Also, there are new TMs scattered around, containing very basic, yet much-needed, attacks like iron tail etc. I can't remember if the latest updated contains these TMs though, but your comment def inspired some improvements that'll help everyone in the future!

Spoiler:

mmm, because what's pokemon without religious allegories?!

Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2022
    Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
  • Spoiler:

If hardcore mode (or "Perma-death") isn't enabled, you could technically just hard reset. I don't really mind if you reset; whether you want to play with raised stakes, or play more casually, is up to you. Otherwise, riolu isn't obtainable in the wild as of this version. Apologies.

Also, check out this fix for the shaymin quest if you haven't already. If you already completed that section and can't reenter the ruins, send me your file and I'll trigger the mission for you. And if you're super beat-up about Lucario, I'll add it in too ;)

This patch does not contain a fix for the shaymin mission. The instructions to fix that are here:
    Go into your RUN folder, and copy the file 492_1.PNG, located in graphics>characters. Then paste that file in both graphics>Overworld and OverworldS!

Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2022
    Thank you for all your help! Also is there a name rater and a move tutor in this game?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2022
    Also I'm completely lost what do I do after metalstock town? I already defeated sabrina there and I also went into the sick man's dreams already.

Years
  • Also I'm completely lost what do I do after metalstock town? I already defeated sabrina there and I also went into the sick man's dreams already.

Hm, haven't added a name rater or move tutor in yet. Didn't feel like priorities to me, but I'll look into adding those features in the next one! Also, have you been going to the Nexus? You take the crystals you've collected to the Nexus, which progresses a lot of the story. Look for it on the map!

Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2022
    My larvitar won't evolve into a pupitar at level 30. I even tried to level him up to 31, but I get nothing. I have to waste an evo stone just so he can evolve. I don't want to waste my evo stones just for him to evolve naturally. Can someone help me with this?

Years
  • My larvitar won't evolve into a pupitar at level 30. I even tried to level him up to 31, but I get nothing. I have to waste an evo stone just so he can evolve. I don't want to waste my evo stones just for him to evolve naturally. Can someone help me with this?

Is there a particular reason evolving it to pupitar is more of a waste than evolving any other pokemon? Is pupitar, like, really useless until it evolves into tyrannitar? Actually, in my vague recollection of pokemon, pupitar only has one attack or something? If that's the case then I understand what you're saying and this might be worth patching.

Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2022
    Is there a particular reason evolving it to pupitar is more of a waste than evolving any other pokemon? Is pupitar, like, really useless until it evolves into tyrannitar? Actually, in my vague recollection of pokemon, pupitar only has one attack or something? If that's the case then I understand what you're saying and this might be worth patching.

Honestly, I was planning on using an evo stone on pupitar in order to make it immediately evolve to tyrannitar. I don't feel like grinding all the way to level 55 just for it to reach its final evolution. However, that's currently not possible due to larvitar not evolving when it's supposed to evolve.

Spoiler:

Years
  • Honestly, I was planning on using an evo stone on pupitar in order to make it immediately evolve to tyrannitar. I don't feel like grinding all the way to level 55 just for it to reach its final evolution. However, that's currently not possible due to larvitar not evolving when it's supposed to evolve.

Spoiler:

Oh wow. yes, we don't want grinding, especially to that level. So, the way it's programed allows pokemon above level ~20 to evolve using an evo stone. This does not apply to pokemon who evolve using any other parameter besides leveling up (stones, day/night, etc.), nor does it apply to pokemon who can evolve below level 20—beedrill, for example, can be fully evolved without using a single evostone, whereas most of the starter pokemon like charmander can evolve once at level ~16 and then require an evostone afterwards. So you'll have to use two evostones to get tyrannitar, which makes sense seeing as how strong tyrannitar is.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen Oct 10, 2022
    Oh wow. yes, we don't want grinding, especially to that level. So, the way it's programed allows pokemon above level ~20 to evolve using an evo stone. This does not apply to pokemon who evolve using any other parameter besides leveling up (stones, day/night, etc.), nor does it apply to pokemon who can evolve below level 20—beedrill, for example, can be fully evolved without using a single evostone, whereas most of the starter pokemon like charmander can evolve once at level ~16 and then require an evostone afterwards. So you'll have to use two evostones to get tyrannitar, which makes sense seeing as how strong tyrannitar is.

Spoiler:

Yeah, that makes sense thanks for clearing that up.

Spoiler:

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    so uh i walked into a house then left and was put into a tree and now I cant move so is there like a debugger or something I can use?

Back