• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Saffron Version

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    Can I just ask why you choose to exclude the ultra beasts but still include mega evolution and dynamaxing? Is it purely a story related thing or a balance choice? Because if it's balance I could absolutely suggest ways in which they can be implemented especially as Primal and Mega versions and some later gen 7/8 legendaries have insane base stats anyway. Looks amazing btw, beautiful, would love to see ultra beasts added even if they were solely post game bosses/collections towards s specific secondary threat, perhaps beyond level 100 as like a post game threat/target.

Just some random thoughts, I assume you are using the CFRU pack too, looking lush btw.

Rowigrath

The Only Guy Who Likes Maractus
    Years
  • This rom hack looks SUPER good! It looks really lush and pretty, and I'm absolutely down for some new regional variants! Seriously, cannot wait until v3 comes out. When it does, I'm gonna play the heck outta Pokemon Saffron!

Years
    • Seen Nov 6, 2020
    Just curious but is there a place to breed in the game? I'm at the 4th gym badge rn don't really want any spoilers or anything just a simple yes or no will do

Years
    • Seen Aug 13, 2021
    I had an absolute blast playing through this! I just beat the Fresa Town Gym and saw the signs that read about the game not being finished. All I have to say is I am stoked for when this game gets finished! I don't know how to tag people on this site but mattymannnn (I'm pretty sure you're the creator), you have done a really good job on this so far. Keep up the good work!

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2023
    This rom hack looks SUPER good! It looks really lush and pretty, and I'm absolutely down for some new regional variants! Seriously, cannot wait until v3 comes out. When it does, I'm gonna play the heck outta Pokemon Saffron!

Thanks!

Just curious but is there a place to breed in the game? I'm at the 4th gym badge rn don't really want any spoilers or anything just a simple yes or no will do

Not in the public demo. You'll be able to breed at the daycare in calab town in the next version.

I had an absolute blast playing through this! I just beat the Fresa Town Gym and saw the signs that read about the game not being finished. All I have to say is I am stoked for when this game gets finished! I don't know how to tag people on this site but mattymannnn (I'm pretty sure you're the creator), you have done a really good job on this so far. Keep up the good work!

Thank you! The upcoming release is exponentially better than Demo v2 😁

Hi!

Will you add some features from complete fire red upgrade?

A heavily modified CFRU is built into Saffron, so yes.

Years
    • Seen Jan 28, 2021
    Hey man , ive ran through V2 probably 6 times , I love every second of it , when's the next release ?
    And is there a chance I could beta test it ?
    I really look forward to hearing from you , finally found a rom hack I love and was so sad it got put on hold after 6th badge but it's such a great hack I love it .

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2023
    Hey, so whenever I get my eevee at the beginning, it crashes. Can you tell me what's going on here?

Years
    • Seen Jun 24, 2021
    i heard saffron will have 2 region so will you make open source after completion of both two region+post game or we can expect it after 1 region ??

Years
  • damn if this game also allows you to choose your preferred difficulty setting like pokemon unbound does, then this'd be mad dope. other than already being pretty darn dope by default. can't wait!

C7XL

Robot Rock
    Years
  • When is the completed version going to be out?

Pokémon Saffron Version

Back