• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon Samba: A Brazil Inspired Fangame (1 Gym Demo)

Should the game have Regional Forms, such as Sambanian Drifloon?

• Yes

Votes: 20 90.9%
  • No

Votes: 2 9.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DisgustedKakyoin

aka. Lokonou
Years
  • Pokémon Samba: A Brazil Inspired Fangame (1 Gym Demo)

Pokémon Samba: A Brazil Inspired Fangame (1 Gym Demo)
    Pokémon Samba is a fangame in the style of your usual Pokémon adventure; embark on a journey to explore a brand new region and collect 8 badges so you may face off against the Champion! However, the game does have its own twists and added flavors to the usual formula to differentiate it from the official games, be it by the Pokédex comprised of entirely new Fakémon or the many Quality of Life changes.
    You will find many references and similarities to Brazilian culture in this game, be it in the design of the Pokémon and the region itself or the folklore surrounding the many areas of the game. This inspiration doesn't come only from the usual Brazilian folklore, but from the entire multicultural aspect of the country, with small references to many other cultures sprinkled into the mix.​
    There are many legends surrounding the Samba region; be it that of a monster of many eyes that oversees the lives of all living creatures or of a shapeshifting creature of the lake that deceives humans. These legends are passed down from generation to generation as to keep some sense of order and progress in the region, by easing the hearts of goodwilled citizens or by striking fear into the minds of evildoers. But beyond their folklore, Sambanian people can be assured of their safety due to the 8 Gym Leaders spread around the region; strong trainers chosen by the people of the region to protect them and test out licensed trainers tasked with the Gym Challenge.

You start your journey as any other day, waking up and getting ready to take care of your family's store. The only difference is that today is your 16th birthday, meaning you can now become a Licensed Pokémon Trainer! Together with your friends, Marco and Rosa, you will travel across the Samba Region, challenging the 8 Gym Leaders to participate at the annual Championship, and just maybe having a chance of challenging Champion Armstrong for his title.
    However, there seems to be some shady people lurking around the Samba region: Team Gold. A group of no-good thugs that wish to profit off of Pokémon, these villains seem to be plotting to dominate the Samba region through unknown means. What is their plan, and to what goal are they trying to end the peaceful days of the Sambanian people?​

The Samba region is vast and varied, with climates going from scorching hot to blistering cold. You will find deserts, mountain ranges, jungles and caverns to explore, all of them housing many different Pokémon. The region has many cities, all of them with their own unique flavors, from Pachira, known for its Pokémon School that teaches beginners on how to train your Pokémon, to Gallesia, that strives on battle and honor, hosting Pokémon battling competitions for all of those that consider themselves worthy of a challenge.

Through the years, the number of people and Pokémon from other regions of the world coming to Samba has increased drastically, making for a varied and unique region that houses many cultures. The species of Pokémon in the region has since then changed drastically, now having well over a hundred unique species of Sambanian Pokémon.​
    • More than 100 new Fakémon! - Battle, catch and train never before seen Pokémon!
    • The Samba Region: a completely original region, based on Brazil! - Explore the Samba region, discovering its many secrets and getting to know its culture!
    • An original story that deals with the darker side of the region! - Uncover the schemes of the villanous Team Gold in a serious yet lighthearted plot.
    • Challenging new twists to the formula! - Work around the rules imposed by the Gym Leaders, all the while balancing your team around a Level Cap that incentivizes a varied team and strategy above overleveling!
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:
    Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 26, 2021
    After playing for 30min or so, it's got potential. Can't wait for full development.

One issue for me is on stats tab of your pokemon the nature changes aren't very visible perhaps changing to a solid colour. The red/blue shadow isn't great

Years
    • Seen today
    I cant playing the game after i am exctrating the game for some reason when i am pressing on the game file and open the game isnt opening up to me

Lordecoxinha

English might falter
    Years
  • Great demo, got two shinies already and can't wait for the next version to evolve them!

Specially because BRAZIL.

Years
    • Seen today
    I have to say, this was quite exquisite! Everything felt Fresh, scenery was amazing, pokemon are cute so far, overall the demo was amazing! I cannot wait to see where you take this.

Years
    • Seen Aug 5, 2022
    Hey Pokemon Samba Team! I am doing a Youtube Series of this game on my channel (starting tomorrow!) anyway I can get access to the sprites of the demo so i can use them for thumbnails and such? <3 LOVE THE GAME SO FAR!

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    Made this account just to say the game's awesome so far!
    (And it's not jus cause I'm brazilian as well hahaha)

The crafting system looks neat;
    The hidden grottos are a cool idea, even though I never like when it's the ONLY way to get a hidden ability, but that's okay;
    I love the fact that Chicolor is NOT normal/flying, being just flying. Wish more bird pokes were like this;
    The sleeping bag is an awesome ideia to make up the long roads;
    And receiving a lot of itens from the get-go (since it's just a demo) makes sense given your family running a shop;

So yeah, I'm totally invested and will be on the wait for the next updates. =)

Years
    • Seen Feb 28, 2021
    Do you have any pokedex guides or documents for the game? I like to plan a team before playing a game and I'd love to see my options.

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    It's in the first post, dude.
    Where it's written "Download", click in the "show spoiler"

Years
    • Seen Mar 26, 2022
    I hope I can use this save file for future versions. I got a shiny Wardew on my first try!

Years
  • Hey everyone! I'm Wafflemi, the second half of the Pokémon Samba team! I'm posting to update you guys on some stuff about the project and dealing with some questions you all may have about the game.

But first, we would like to thank everyone in the community for the great feedback! We have been receiving an overwhelming amount of positive comments on the game, and we really couldn't be happier. We wish to make the project bigger, better, and deliver a great game by the end of it all.

So, about Pokémon Samba: the next update is already being worked on. The update will cover most if not all of southern Samba, meaning everything up to Shimmering Hollow. The amount of Pokémon available will more os less triple from the current version, and it will cover about 4 Gyms.

The early game will also change slightly; there will be dialogue and event revisions, more side content and new Pokémon will appear on the early routes. With all of this in mind, we still are not sure if players will be able to use their old save files, though we are looking for ways to make that possible.

We also started an Instagram page, where we will be posting full arts of the Fakémon and also sharing some info on the game! Follow us @pokemonsamba to be updated on the game's progress!

Again, thanks everyone for supporting the game. We hope to bring the next version of Pokémon Samba still in this first half of 2021!

Back