• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokémon Serene Crystal (V1.5.4)

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2024
    Just looking at the sprite art I can say that while I've seen "better" art out there - at least of the canon pokémon, I also find a lot of the art to be charming in the way gen 1 can be. They look a bit like plushies! I also like the creative decisions with the new non-canon pokémon; Meganium's and Blastoise's designs are better than the originals, and Jynx owe you more than a few sweet kisses for this make over. Looking forward to playing this!

Days
    • she/her
    • Seen today
    Just looking at the sprite art I can say that while I've seen "better" art out there - at least of the canon pokémon, I also find a lot of the art to be charming in the way gen 1 can be. They look a bit like plushies! I also like the creative decisions with the new non-canon pokémon; Meganium's and Blastoise's designs are better than the originals, and Jynx owe you more than a few sweet kisses for this make over. Looking forward to playing this!

Thanks a lot! I tried hard to match the style, and while there's always room for improvement I'm very happy with a lot of my sprites, and especially the ones you mentioned! For Jynx I really really wanted to just make it bearable to look at LOL😭

Years
    • Seen Mar 5, 2024
    Alright, I played through to beating red and had a very good time all the way through! The hack is just really, really solid, and probably worth another playthrough even.

Some fun bugs/errors I encountered:
    - On route 32 one of the trainers' Buneary did 0 damage with frustration, good for him.
    - Not quite a bug but the radio quiz is now wrong about Falkner being the leader of violet city who uses bird Pokémon.
    - Found some pokémon in unexpected places: whirl islands had Cottonee and Murkrow, and i caught a level 20 Mamoswine on my good rod while fishing on route 40.
    - Might be intentional, but being able to walk the victory road immediately after getting surf. Honestly, it was a fun challenge so I think it should stay despite being a bit weird.

Days
    • she/her
    • Seen today
    Alright, I played through to beating red and had a very good time all the way through! The hack is just really, really solid, and probably worth another playthrough even.

Some fun bugs/errors I encountered:
    - On route 32 one of the trainers' Buneary did 0 damage with frustration, good for him.
    - Not quite a bug but the radio quiz is now wrong about Falkner being the leader of violet city who uses bird Pokémon.
    - Found some pokémon in unexpected places: whirl islands had Cottonee and Murkrow, and i caught a level 20 Mamoswine on my good rod while fishing on route 40.
    - Might be intentional, but being able to walk the victory road immediately after getting surf. Honestly, it was a fun challenge so I think it should stay despite being a bit weird.
    Happy to hear you enjoyed! Thank you for the feedback as well. I've managed to fix all of them, except for the Buneary, which I'll hopefully get done soon enough. Cottonee was not supposed to be in the Whirl Islands, but I thought Murkrow was somewhat fitting seeing as it's a dark cave kinda area. I will keep the Victory Road thing, seeing as it doesn't totally break the game, but if there's enough mentions about it, I'll fix it.

Cottonee is now available on Routes 35, 38, 42, 43 and 44, high chances during the day.

Years
  • Happy to hear you enjoyed! Thank you for the feedback as well. I've managed to fix all of them, except for the Buneary, which I'll hopefully get done soon enough. Cottonee was not supposed to be in the Whirl Islands, but I thought Murkrow was somewhat fitting seeing as it's a dark cave kinda area. I will keep the Victory Road thing, seeing as it doesn't totally break the game, but if there's enough mentions about it, I'll fix it.

Cottonee is now available on Routes 35, 38, 42, 43 and 44, high chances during the day.
    To make sure saves work from previous versions right?

Days
    • Seen May 11, 2024
    Ok I've downloaded this like 5 times and can't find the file, I'm using data here, what's happened to ppl using mediafire? Way easier and better than stupid ass Google, I hate Google.

Days
    • she/her
    • Seen today
    To everyone: Sorry for all the download file errors! It should be fixed now as I redid the process. If this causes any files to be deleted or corrupted, I also apologize for that in advance.

Back