• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Emerald hack: Pokémon Shining Silver - 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2013
    RESPECT !!!!!

That looks so awesome =)
    Its great to see a good remake even in the times of offical remakes XD

Anyway please do as a favor !

Please dont just remake silver ! =)
    Be totaly creative and mabye create some new Pokemon ! ^_^
    i cant wait to see some more screens =D

Its kinda lame that it gave x000 remakes
    but they are all the same =_=
    so please put some totaly new stuff in =D

bye and good luck

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    Just um noticed
    with the world map
    its all a darker shade than teh orginal
    is it suppose to be
    if so
    it doesnt look as good now : /

sir.euge

Bunchies Back!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2012
    I think that the remake feeling runs through everyones vains when they start pokemon hacking. Did you know that there is a big collection of hgss tiles by wesley fg on his website? check em out. I think that they would be great for this hack!

Ki77y666

I'm with stupid ^
    Years
    That script is awesome! :D
    And there are only 2 things that I would change:
    - The 50, 500, 1000 and 5000 cards should be Key items, so the player can't accidentaly discard them.
    - The text of cards says they're worth 1000 dollars, when it should be the Pokedollar sign.

Other than this, excellent job!
    1=Thanks it will be done.
    2=Thanks but it is not possible I have tried.

Wow :O
    Looks so good
    Even better than my old Crystal remake
    Thanks for your support. I A glad you like it.
    RESPECT !!!!!

That looks so awesome =)
    Its great to see a good remake even in the times of offical remakes XD

Anyway please do as a favor !

Please dont just remake silver ! =)
    Be totaly creative and mabye create some new Pokemon ! ^_^
    i cant wait to see some more screens =D

Its kinda lame that it gave x000 remakes
    but they are all the same =_=
    so please put some totaly new stuff in =D

bye and good luck
    Thanks for your support. I dislike common remakes as well that is why I hope to make more this hack more than just a remake.

... O.o This isn't a Silver remake...It's a SoulSilver devamp! PWNAGE!! Don't quit out on this thing!
    Sorry feel like that. And I won't quit because I hate great hacks being quit on and unfinished.

Just um noticed
    with the world map
    its all a darker shade than teh orginal
    is it suppose to be
    if so
    it doesnt look as good now : /
    I don't quiet understand most of the colors are from the HGSS world map.

I think that the remake feeling runs through everyones vains when they start pokemon hacking. Did you know that there is a big collection of hgss tiles by wesley fg on his website? check em out. I think that they would be great for this hack!
    I agree to most of it but the part "when they start pokemon hacking" I have been pokemon hacking for about 3-4 years and I have not made a remake yet including this hack because this better than a remake. And about the tile thanks for the suggestion i will look at the now.

Ooh! I like that bank script! But like what Tropical Sunlight said, the cards need to be Key Items.
    Thanks for your support and I'm glad you like it. The item thing will be changed.

leachim_paloyz15

~ セールマイケル
    Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2016
    Nice hack!!! with Day and Night system huh, hope you'll finish this to the end...
    I'm waiting for you to finish it before I download it...
    I don't really want to play a good game with beta's I want to play it when its finished...
    Also if you need a spriter... both OW and battle sprites, you can count on me... just PM or VM me...

THanks!!! :D

Years
    • Seen Jun 12, 2019
    Promising. I wonder if this could be better than Soul Silver? :P Haha, but good luck with completing it.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    This is the normal johto map
    Pokémon Shining Silver - 2.0

This is yours

As you can see the colours are a bit danker :/
    And the mountains are missing
    Its a good map though
    This hack is the only one to have HGSS style map

Years
    The world map is well inserted, but in trying to index it to 16 colours (or whatever), you lost the mountains surrounding Johto completely, which makes it look bad. I'd give it another go at indexing, this time trying to keep the mountains there. Sacrifice a shade or two of yellow or gray from the mini Ecruteak trees, and the various cave icons on the map- they're small, so they don't matter to much to the grand scheme of it ;)

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Dec 28, 2012
    Quote: Nintendork15
    Not really. There's other hacks out there that used HG/SS World map. :P

Anyway. Regarding the updates. It's well-received by others and I like it a lot too.

Good work and I am hoping to see future updates.

sir.euge

Bunchies Back!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2012
    Im kinda liking all these gsc remakes. It just makes me laugh. I dint know why but theyre always interesting to look at..... until the maker decides he isnt into hacking no more and moves on to "social life". It happened with all the remakes. idk y but it did. anyways did u decide to use the tiles by wesley fg?

Ki77y666

I'm with stupid ^
    Years
    Nice hack!!! with Day and Night system huh, hope you'll finish this to the end...
    I'm waiting for you to finish it before I download it...
    I don't really want to play a good game with beta's I want to play it when its finished...
    Also if you need a spriter... both OW and battle sprites, you can count on me... just PM or VM me...

THanks!!! :D
    Thanks for your support and about your offer I might take you up on that.

Promising. I wonder if this could be better than Soul Silver? :P Haha, but good luck with completing it.

This is yours

Its a good map though
    I can not see the normal map.:( But I take you word for it and as for the mountains they are not missing I took them out because i did not have enough tile room or colors.:(

The world map is well inserted, but in trying to index it to 16 colours (or whatever), you lost the mountains surrounding Johto completely, which makes it look bad. I'd give it another go at indexing, this time trying to keep the mountains there. Sacrifice a shade or two of yellow or gray from the mini Ecruteak trees, and the various cave icons on the map- they're small, so they don't matter to much to the grand scheme of it ;)
    I did not lose the mountains I took them out because not only the colors but the tile are a problem as well.:( I am sorry you think the map looks bad but I guess I can not please everyone.

Quote: Nintendork15
    Not really. There's other hacks out there that used HG/SS World map. :P

Anyway. Regarding the updates. It's well-received by others and I like it a lot too.

Good work and I am hoping to see future updates.
    Thanks for your support and the support of the team.

Im kinda liking all these gsc remakes. It just makes me laugh. I dint know why but theyre always interesting to look at..... until the maker decides he isnt into hacking no more and moves on to "social life". It happened with all the remakes. idk y but it did. anyways did u decide to use the tiles by wesley fg?
    Thanks I am glad I made you laugh. This is one remake that will not be quit on because I have no social life.:(

Years

This is yours

Its a good map though

@ Nosman if you look at the battle frontier there is alot of green land wouldnt this hack be unique if you created some citys in that area....just to make jhoto more bigger than the adverage original jhoto. perhaps dungeons which contain legendary pokemon and rare pokemon.

tjwilliams24

Gone.
    Years
    I think Manipulation had the PokeDollar sign in his bank script, you should ask him how it's done. Also, I made you a userbar. If you want sprites, could you just PM me them?

Ki77y666

I'm with stupid ^
    Years
    @ Nosman if you look at the battle frontier there is alot of green land wouldnt this hack be unique if you created some citys in that area....just to make jhoto more bigger than the adverage original jhoto. perhaps dungeons which contain legendary pokemon and rare pokemon.
    Thanks I will take your suggestion in to consideration.

I think Manipulation had the PokeDollar sign in his bank script, you should ask him how it's done. Also, I made you a userbar. If you want sprites, could you just PM me them?
    My script in game has the PokeDollar sign but the item name and description can not. Oh and thanks for the userbar as for the pokemon up to what sprites you use but for the pokemon may I please have lugia.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Aug 3, 2013

I currently have no support banners so that is an invitation for anyone to make some. And as for your offer if I need help you will be one of the first to know.

great =D

well just to let you know i cant scripting =/
    if you need a Mapper or a spriter i will do my best =D

Years

I did not lose the mountains I took them out because not only the colors but the tile are a problem as well.:( I am sorry you think the map looks bad but I guess I can not please everyone.

Oh, right. Don't get me wrong, everything else is actually pretty great, I'm surprised and impressed at that Bank script, for one thing. Perhaps try making a few mountains around Johto- Not too much, but just to take away from the mass of solid green. But it's still well inserted and everything, it's only my opinion :)
    Good luck!

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back