• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

SoulSilver hack: Pokémon Soul Silver English Translation Project

Status
Not open for further replies.

s0nido

turn up the engine
Years
  • This seems to be going pretty well! If you're working at this rate, then you should be done way before the games come out in English! I hope you do, seeing as how I didn't get the new parts of the story line completely. I understand how hard this is, and I wish you luck. I can only offer much gratitude and encouragement to this project.

Years
  • i've been watchin this thread since the beginning and just wanted to say great job on the patch and keep it up!

@Magnius i found a small text error when pickin a starter pokemon
    it says "This is thex01DE Water Pokemon TOTODILE"

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 28, 2009
    @Magnius i found a small text error when pickin a starter pokemon
    it says "This is thex01DE Water Pokemon TOTODILE"

Ive seen this error too and also right before you choose a starter if you talk to elm it says "Elm:x01deifyou touch that pokemon, it will start acting aggressively."

Years
    • Seen Nov 19, 2009
    The patch doesn't seem to do anything on the rom, the window just freezes for about a minute. Anyone know a solution?

EcoReck

Just that guy
    Years
    • Seen Mar 3, 2015
    Pretty good progress so far! I hate myself for getting way too ahead and guessing at random parts what to do, but I managed to get to the Elite Four. Maybe I should just stop until then, but then who knows how long that will take? :P

Edit: All your photobucket images hack exceeded bandwidth. Try imageshack instead :P

Magnius

Pokemon Music Hacking Guru
    Years
    • Seen Feb 17, 2014
    The Pokemon Soul Silver English Translation Patch V2 is out!

Get it here...

https://www.sendspace.com/file/y96e1u

or here...

https://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=6f3f07e...04e75f6e8ebb871

How do I patch it?

1. Open up the provided Xdelta GUI.exe which is supplied for you. To open this, you need Xdelta.exe, which is provided also.

2. Go to the patch tab.

3. Go to "Select Patch" and select the patch file which is provided.

4. Go to "Select Rom" and select your clean, unedited rom dump. The dump that would probably be best to use is the Xenophobia dump of Soul Silver.

5. Go to "Apply Patch".

Now it's going to take a while to apply the patch, so don't expect it to finish applying the patch instantly.

After it's applied, a patched version of your rom should show up in the same folder as the Clean one. This patched rom should be "121 MB" which yes, is smaller than the original rom.

Notes

This patch will currently only work on Soul Silver and not Heart Gold.

Where does it end?

Well the furthest you can go playing it in English is the Rival Battle in Azalea Town. The Gym as well as the Rocket dialogue is translated as well.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back