• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Special (Adventures) Scans and Translation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wallace Berlitz

I'm back for lucks and givin'
    Years
    The stuff you put on the first post.
    :P

I word stuff strangly......

So don't mind me.

Well actually a guy called VideoFan asked me to scan those manga. So I did. And I saw there's many members want to read the latest manga badly so I scan it as preview ;)

And you don't have to thank me. If VideoFan doesn't exists, maybe you won't see the scan forever D: So thank him :D

Wallace Berlitz

Years
    Well sorry for taking so long about the scan. But I've got one clear preview scan for you. It's translated by me. As soon, the Volume 28 is available ;)

Pokémon Special (Adventures) Scans and Translation

Opps! That took too much spaces. But at lease you can see the scan. It's yellow page... And sorry for double posting. I didn't meant to do that.

Years
    • Seen Mar 7, 2010
    Since there's an official Volume 27. So I jsut do Volume 28 right away. Yesterday 10:38 PM
    Eeh? What do you mean by there's an official volume 27? Someone scanned it already?

Years
    Yayyy!!!

Can't wait for s*ans of VOL.27 everybody's waiting for what the heck happened to the 'Dex holders (With fics running around speculation just can't stop)

Wallace Berlitz

Years
    Eeh? What do you mean by there's an official volume 27? Someone scanned it already?
    Well, Volume 27 is already sent out. So I guess now Volume 27 is available and someone might gonna scan it so I just start Volume 28 right away :)
    But I can scan Volume 27 again if you want... It just will take times...

_cynthia_

the thirsty devil
    Years
    pkm

OMG. It's real! So sorry! So sorry!

I feel pwned.

So, maybe it's done by a different translator, that's why the names are different.

I'm sorry. But still, what are you going to do with Volume 27? If linghaoyan doesn't scan it anymore, you'll never get the entire volume.

Hey. let me tell you, 寵物小精靈 is 繁體字( traditional chinese) which is used by Hong Kong people and 神奇宝贝 is 简体字 ( simplified chinese ) which is used by chinese people other than hong kong.
    I was born in china, moved to singapore, then moved again to hong kong so i know this.

Wallace Berlitz

Years
    Yes indeed. Chinese has two different form. The traditional form is more harder to read. The simple form is more easy to read. The simple form is the new words

Maxim

Heavy Metal Alchemist
    Years
    Hey. let me tell you, 寵物小精靈 is 繁體字( traditional chinese) which is used by Hong Kong people and 神奇宝贝 is 简体字 ( simplified chinese ) which is used by chinese people other than hong kong.
    I was born in china, moved to singapore, then moved again to hong kong so i know this.

I know it. I am quite into Chinese & Korean Versions of Pokemon.

Taiwanese version uses 神奇寶貝 (神奇宝贝 in simplified Characters)

I've also seen the name 宠物小精灵, which is the simplified form of 寵物小精靈. I just don't know what region uses it. Macau? Singapore? Dunno.

Anyway, I began my adventure with Han characters from Japanese and then Korean, so I DON'T read most Simplified Characters and I'm sticking with Traditionals. I also find some simplifications pointless and ridiculous. For instance, the character "noodles" is unified with the character "face" in Simplified Chinese. I find it extremely stupid.

Mileyangel

Inuyasha Fan
    Years

I've also seen the name 宠物小精灵, which is the simplified form of 寵物小精靈. I just don't know what region uses it. Macau? Singapore? Dunno.

Anyway, I began my adventure with Han characters from Japanese and then Korean, so I DON'T read most Simplified Characters and I'm sticking with Traditionals. I also find some simplifications pointless and ridiculous. For instance, the character "noodles" is unified with the character "face" in Simplified Chinese. I find it extremely stupid.

Hmmm....well, I guess nothing's as good as its original.

Wallace Berlitz

Years

Well, right now, Hong Kong and Taiwan are still using Traditional Form. Other country use Simplified Form. I read Simplified Form but sometimes I read Pokemon Special in Traditional Form. And actually Japanese and Korean took the Han Characters from Chinese.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back