• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Special (Adventures) Scans and Translation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Hmm... so we are all talking about outfits now?

Well, I was a bit disappointed when Blue got her new outfit and ditched her gloves. I mean, she had those gloves since she was little and made them for her and Silver! It's like throwing away a friendship bracelet or something!

Years

Well, I was a bit disappointed when Blue got her new outfit and ditched her gloves. I mean, she had those gloves since she was little and made them for her and Silver! It's like throwing away a friendship bracelet or something!
    But it was Silver who gave her the new clothes, I doubt that he really minded, besides, I think she must have kept it at home or something.

The Ebon Blade

The Fuzz...
    Years

Isn't Blue the rival from Kanto? You know... Cool hair... Wears a cloak... Charizard... essentially the "Heie" of pokemon special...

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
  • I really like what Blue wears now, she's a lot better than before, and her behavior matches that. In FR/LG she started to become one of the most admirable characters in the manga, if not the most admirable female character currently (Platina soon).

pong08

Black & White... don't fail me
    Years
  • I really like what Blue wears now, she's a lot better than before, and her behavior matches that. In FR/LG she started to become one of the most admirable characters in the manga, if not the most admirable female character currently (Platina soon).

Yeah, it gives her the more slightly poised look. I just really hope she appears in the D/P/P saga.

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2010
    Yeah, it gives her the more slightly poised look. I just really hope she appears in the D/P/P saga.
    Aren't pokedex holder's of Kanto, Johto, and Honen are suppose to appear at somepoint in the DPPt saga and meet up with the pokedex holders of Sinnoh, though they probably will not appear in the same place or at the sametime though.

Last edited:

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
  • Mira555, that might happen when the D/P/Pt arc begins to wane. Of course, I hope Deoxys makes an appearance too. Plus Manaphy/Phione before that.

lalalagirl

Die-hard Oldrivalshipper >:D~
    Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2009
    lol dia and pearl totally take a backseat for platina X_X i think they should be more powerful and should challenge gyms! (platina has marysue qualities -___-;)

Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2010
    What exactly qualifies a person to be a Mary Sue or a Gary Stu for that matter? I hear many people saying that this character is a Mary Sue or a Gary Stu in this manga. Some of them might fit the quaities though.

Here is the definition that wikipedia gave:

Mary Sue, sometimes shortened simply to Sue, is a pejorative term used to describe a fictional character who plays a major role in the plot and is particularly characterized by overly idealized and hackneyed mannerisms, lacking noteworthy flaws, and primarily functioning as wish-fulfillment fantasies for their authors or readers.

is the DP manga gonna be posted on the net or, because Viz has strted to ship it to america, am just gonna have to buy it
    Are you referring to the DPPt arc of Pokemon Special? I think it will be posted on the internet. It will probably take Viz years to get to where the DPPt arc. That is if they decide to continue translating Pokemon Special beyond volume 7.

Last edited:

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
  • Platina is absolutely not a Mary Sue character. The writers would never have a character like that, and you're probably thinking of the definition too deeply. She is a rich girl who doesn't do things typical trainers would do.

lalalagirl

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2009
    Platina is absolutely not a Mary Sue character. The writers would never have a character like that, and you're probably thinking of the definition too deeply. She is a rich girl who doesn't do things typical trainers would do.

i never said she was a complete mary-sue, i said she has mary-sue qualities -___-

RubyJB88

The Runway Trainer
    Years
  • lalalagirl said:
    i said she has mary-sue qualities -___-

When the writers were developing her character, this term never applied to them because it doesn't exist in literature. This is purely created by fanreaders. So it really is your opinion.

Last edited:

lalalagirl

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2009
    When the writers were developing her character, this term never applied to them because it doesn't exist in literature. This is purely created by fanreaders. So it really is your opinion.

... um... yeah. i know it's my opinion, you can have your own opinion of her for all i care, i was just saying what i thought... can you like stop attacking me? :/

pkmaster

PkmnMaster
    Years
  • Man this fourm has gone a long way! from releases to grades lifestyle clothing quality, etc...
    anyway out of all the sagas wat do u think is better? personally i like ruby/sapphire and the Gold/sliver/crys ark as well

lalalagirl

Years
    • Seen Mar 17, 2009
    Man this fourm has gone a long way! from releases to grades lifestyle clothing quality, etc...
    anyway out of all the sagas wat do u think is better? personally i like ruby/sapphire and the Gold/sliver/crys ark as well

Everyone seems to like the gsc arc... i like RGB/FrLg & RSE arcs XD

especially the RSE <3

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back