• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Crystal hack: Pokémon Stars Version

crystalmoon

Pichu
Days
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    Pokémon Stars Version—a hack of Pokémon Crystal.

Enter the world of BULONIA—a region taken over by a mysterious group, Team C. Rumours say, however, that this region is also home to a mysterious POKÉMON: JIRACHI, described as a WISH POKÉMON. Will it decide to help you, or Team C.? Does it even exist?

This game will run only if played on a GBC/GBA (like Pokémon Crystal) or on an emulator that supports the MBC30 mapper. If played on an emulator that does NOT support MBC30 (i.e. Visual Boy Advance), a message will appear telling the end-user to play it on an emulator that does (i.e. bgb, SameBoy) and the game will not progress.

Big thank you to everyone in the pret Discord who helped me (FrenchOrange, Idain, Mauve Sea and any others I can't remember off the top of my head).

Also press A or START on the title screen for a surprise :D (Just turn the sound on!)

The correct ROM to be patched is the ENGLISH RELEASE of POKÉMON CRYSTAL VERSION release 1.1! DON'T PATCH ANY OTHER REGION ROM, PATCHING VERSION 1.0 IS NOT TESTED AND NOT GUARANTEED TO WORK!

VERSION: DEMO 2 10 Feb 24

I think the way this hack stands out from others is its story—the hack takes inspiration from real world events, and puts them in a Pokémon game. And Jirachi will have an appearance and will be connected to all of this somehow. You'll see :)

Screenshots:
    title.pngscrn1.pngscrn2.pngscrn3.pngscrn4.pngscrn5.png

Credits:
    - pret discord (help, feedback, certain assets)
    - pret (pokecrystal)
    - Game Freak (Pokémon LGFR assets, PCM idea)
    - Pokémon the Series: Black and White (it's on the title screen) :)
    - whoever made the Pokémon logo's blue variant in one of the prototype builds of the Pokémon Crystal localisation

Last edited:

Inner Rhymes

Rhythm & Poetry.
    Years
  • Ayee it's so nice to see a Crystal hack pop up that carries its own unique storyline with a new region. Thought I'd ask, how far does Demo 1 go? Thank you!

crystalmoon

Pichu
    Days
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    Ayee it's so nice to see a Crystal hack pop up that carries its own unique storyline with a new region. Thought I'd ask, how far does Demo 1 go? Thank you!
    oh it's really early, up until the first town, primarinum, but it's close to releasing the second demo with the first gym :p (no spoilers there!)

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    wow this is a cool concept. I AM confused on the starter choices but its a cool set.

crystalmoon

Pichu
    Days
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    we're back! I lost access to the account briefly, but we're back in now (thanks to the pokecommunity mods ♥) so, I'll be able to continue the project! :D

this update also comes with some brand new ideas! :3

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    yea, they're a little odd, I'm thinking of reverting them back to the regular johto/kanto starters honestly.

I do like the idea of dratini being a starter to mix it up, but personally I like the idea of a set of starters from different regions to still mix it up if you wanna try it that way. As you can see by my profile icon I like Bulbasaur the most of the different starters, so as long as Bulbasaur is available as a grass type regardless of what choice you settle on, I will be happy.

crystalmoon

Pichu
    Days
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    I do like the idea of dratini being a starter to mix it up, but personally I like the idea of a set of starters from different regions to still mix it up if you wanna try it that way. As you can see by my profile icon I like Bulbasaur the most of the different starters, so as long as Bulbasaur is available as a grass type regardless of what choice you settle on, I will be happy.
    er, your profile icon doesn't show up for me... yea, I like bulbasaur as well. cubone could go, then I'd have dratini, regional cyndaquil and bulbasaur.

looneyman1

The Psycho Pokemon
    Years
    • he/him
    • Seen today
    er, your profile icon doesn't show up for me... yea, I like bulbasaur as well. cubone could go, then I'd have dratini, regional cyndaquil and bulbasaur.
    oh crap, I forgot to fix it after the forum change. Still good to hear.

crystalmoon

Pichu
    Days
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    Sorry, I meant Hoenn trio as the starter
    ah, I see. Unfortunately, I can't do that due to technical reasons: the vanilla game uses 8-bit IDs for pokemon, which go up to 253 (1 is taken up by the end-of-list marker and the other is the Egg) and I didn't think I'd need 16-bit IDs so I didn't start with that expansion. jirachi has already taken up slot #252, which just leaves spot #253 in the pokedex - not enough slots to add three pokemon, let alone their evolutions. sorry :(

Back