• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon StunningSteel

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Apr 25, 2017
What am I supposed to do after beating Misty?

If you haven't gone up and talk to Bill and Stark then do that. If you have you have then
1. Talk to the ace trainer in the Pokemon center or
2. Talk to Vanessa on route 24

You have to do all of that to progress.

Years
Minor Update: Beta v1.3.1 released
This is a very minor update, but it will help with some of the difficulties people are having in figuring out how to advance the plot. For those of you already playing v1.3, just switch over to v1.3.1 (save files transfer fine), and check below to see if you have missed a plot point.

Here's the extremely brief list of changes:
Spoiler:

If ALL of the following are true, you have missed a plot point (my fault, sorry!):
  1. You have already fought your rival in Lavender Town
  2. Your character is a boy
  3. You WON against your rival on the S.S. Anne
Iff this describes you, you have missed some important dialogue with Gary right after your battle in Lavender Town. If you don't have a save state from before the Lavender battle, here is dialogue you missed.***Spoiler Alert***
Spoiler:

Cheers! We appreciate you all playing and letting us know the problems you are having!
Wow that spoiler is funny because it seem like the player/Red has the advantage over the Rival/Blue in that regard.

Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2022
So did missing that dialogue mean i cant advance that plot because i cant figure out how to get in silph co the guard just keeps saying something about not letting suspicious kids in

Spoiler:

Last edited:

CaveNinja

ROM hacking duo
Years
Hey everyone,
Sorry for my delayed replies. I've been really busy since Thursday with tons of friends and relatives in town from out of the state/country. Thanks to seatrekninja for covering for me!

There is an error evolving eevee with the dawn stone. Instead of being on the evolution screen(light green), it in the use item screen(orange dots). As a result I am unable to evolve my eevee into an espeon.
Edit:
Tried evolving after trading with stark. Suddenly worked. Huh
Thanks so much for bringing this to my attention and explaining the problem you had in detail. This is a really easy fix; it'll be fixed in the next beta. Details if you're interested:
Spoiler:

Made some graphics for you. Steelix is one of my favorite pokemon.
You are the greatest ever! These look so dope. I'll add them to the original post. Thank you so much! Steelix is also one of my personal favorites.

Wow that spoiler is funny because it seem like the player/Red has the advantage over the Rival/Blue in that regard.
Spoiler:

Spoiler:
I will add a note to the original post explaining that you have to explore both Cycling Road AND routes 12-15 before you can progress. We're still trying to fine tune the event progression there so that it isn't confusing, while allowing the player to explore freely. Thanks for your post!

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
Hi there, awesome hack! I just started playing this the other day and made it to saffron and just beat Silph Co. I know where to go for Vanessa, but what about that tournament? Is it available after saving her?

And I really like how subtle but nice the changes are. They are very well done.

Also, because whynaut, my team:

Aerodyctl

Hitmonlee,

Electrode

Houndoom

golem

Espeon.

Wanted a unique lineup, and found this one to be pretty good. They help with tough fights, but those still pose difficulty, which I like. I also like the new story elements introduced.

Can't wait for future updates!

CaveNinja

ROM hacking duo
Years
Spoiler:

Hey man, thanks for the feedback! I'm glad you like the updates. The location of the Celadon Tournament can be discovered by speaking to the NPCs in Celadon Pokecenter, plus one other NPC at the tournament site. Perhaps we made that a bit too subtle?
Spoiler:

Btw that team looks really fun. I've always wanted to use Golem. I'm also glad to see that some people are playing without Steelix. Admittedly, he is pretty broken in the early game, especially with boosted EXP.

Reactions: Z25

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
Hey man, thanks for the feedback! I'm glad you like the updates. The location of the Celadon Tournament can be discovered by speaking to the NPCs in Celadon Pokecenter, plus one other NPC at the tournament site. Perhaps we made that a bit too subtle?
Spoiler:

Btw that team looks really fun. I've always wanted to use Golem. I'm also glad to see that some people are playing without Steelix. Admittedly, he is pretty broken in the early game, especially with boosted EXP.

Spoiler:

Last edited:

CaveNinja

ROM hacking duo
Years
Spoiler:
[/SPOILER]

Glad you're enjoying it! We tried to balance it so that if you know what you're doing and have a good team the "hard" battles are challenging, but beatable without grinding. Pure grinding for 3-5 levels should make any battle beatable, assuming you have a decent team and sort of know what you're doing.

Also, would you mind fixing your spoiler tag? The second bracket is facing the wrong way. Thanks!

Reactions: Z25

Z25

Team Player
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Aug 27, 2023
Glad you're enjoying it! We tried to balance it so that if you know what you're doing and have a good team the "hard" battles are challenging, but beatable without grinding. Pure grinding for 3-5 levels should make any battle beatable, assuming you have a decent team and sort of know what you're doing.

Also, would you mind fixing your spoiler tag? The second bracket is facing the wrong way. Thanks!

Sorry, I didn't realize it was backwards, fixed.

And that's a good way to balance things out.

Years
Thanks for helping clarify!

I updated the tutorial on applying patch files. It's at the very bottom of the original post. If you are still having trouble hopefully that will help. Thanks for playing! And welcome to PC! I feel honored that your first post was on this thread :)

Ah, no, the issue was the installation. I know about IPS patches, but the patches did nothing to the ROM when applied.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Sep 14, 2018
Either i'm stupid, or the game is bugged. I cannot get inside the silph co tower. I beat the Game corner, Beat Lavender Town tower, got the pokeflute, and even got the hm surf and fly. Can someone explain why I can't get the guard to move from his spot infront of silph co?

CaveNinja

ROM hacking duo
Years
Ah, no, the issue was the installation. I know about IPS patches, but the patches did nothing to the ROM when applied.

I'm sorry, I'm not sure why you're having that issue. Are you using Lunar IPS to patch the file, or are you using the built-in patch functionality on your emulator?

Either i'm stupid, or the game is bugged. I cannot get inside the silph co tower. I beat the Game corner, Beat Lavender Town tower, got the pokeflute, and even got the hm surf and fly. Can someone explain why I can't get the guard to move from his spot infront of silph co?

It's neither. I mentioned this in the original post, but I know it's really long and most people don't read the whole thing, so here it is again:
The plot order has been altered slightly, and some events have different triggers now. Specifically, note that you have to explore both Cycling Road AND Routes 12-15 in order to get into Silph Co. As a rule of thumb, if you get stuck somewhere, you just need to push forward in another location. The triggering events are generally pretty easy to find, especially if you know what Kanto normally looks like.

Sorry for the confusion - I've played enough hacks to know that these types of changes to an otherwise standard plotline can be really annoying. We'll be looking for a good way to make this less confusing in future releases. Thanks for playing!

Years
  • Seen Dec 20, 2018
Just finished the beta -- only odd thing that I found was that after making the decision to join team rocket, Á was added to the end of my name, as well as the issue with eevee not evolving to espeon until after trading with Stark. I'm loving the game so far and I really hope to see the finished product.

CaveNinja

ROM hacking duo
Years
Just finished the beta -- only odd thing that I found was that after making the decision to join team rocket, Á was added to the end of my name, as well as the issue with eevee not evolving to espeon until after trading with Stark. I'm loving the game so far and I really hope to see the finished product.
Thanks for the feedback! The name thing is really weird. I'll have to look into that. Probably not related, but could you tell me the name you used?

I'm using Lunar IPS.
Huh. Weird. So when you apply the file StunningSteel_v1.3.1.ips, you get the pop-up box that says "The file was successfully patched!" but when you play the game it's just regular FireRed?

Trying this out. The banner looks absolutely *stunning*!
Haha thanks! Hope you enjoy it! Credit for the banner all goes to Oppenheimer.

Years
  • Seen Dec 20, 2018
Thanks for the feedback! The name thing is really weird. I'll have to look into that. Probably not related, but could you tell me the name you used?

The name I used was Sam -- after making the decision, it is now SamÁ
Edit: Just retested -- name did not change after saying yes the second time that I did it... Gonna see if I can find the event that causes it to change for you. I also just tested with not joining Team Rocket, the name is also untouched.

Second Edit: Was able to reproduce it. As far as I could notice, it occurred to me after using fly to fly to Cerulean City after beating Koga and receiving the message stating that the beta was finished. Hopefully that helps.

Another glitch that I noticed... In the house in Cerulean city that the girl's father stays in, it is possible to turn the entire table on the right side of the house into PC's.

Last edited:

Komedinos

Assasin and Poison Designer.
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Oct 3, 2019
The name I used was Sam -- after making the decision, it is now Sam?
Edit: Just retested -- name did not change after saying yes the second time that I did it... Gonna see if I can find the event that causes it to change for you. I also just tested with not joining Team Rocket, the name is also untouched.

Second Edit: Was able to reproduce it. As far as I could notice, it ?occurred to me after using fly to fly to Cerulean City after beating Koga and receiving the message stating that the beta was finished. Hopefully that helps.

Another glitch that I noticed... In the house in Cerulean city that the girl's father stays in, it is possible to turn the entire table on the right side of the house into PC's.

How can I join Team Rocket it doesn't let me choose to join or not to...can you tell me how pls?

And Vcaveman how do I get in to Silph Co. I have did everything before and in searching 2 days to see if I missed a plot and I can't find it can you help me out pls? And where is the HM SURFFFF

Last edited:
Back