• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Developing] Pokémon Tabula Rasa

Should we consider releasing a demo? Note: Demo will be about 45 minutes - 1 1/2 hours long

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Vxpor

Vxpor
Years
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    Tabula_Rasa_logo_halved.png
    This game was made possible by RPG Maker XP and Pokemon Essentials v20.1

Trailer

Begin your journey in this story-driven fangame with 2 brand new regions!

Story
    Before the events of Tabula Rasa, the main protagonist and their rival travel to a distant region while their home region's Pokemon League is being developed. When they discover that this new region doesn't have a current champion, the protagonist and the rival decide to battle each other for the crown. During the battle, the protagonist is finally "beaten" via an intentional hit which causes them to go into a severe coma

Years later, the protagonist wakes up from their coma and realizes that they've been taken in by Professor Oleaster and his apprentice, your rival. After some encouragement, the rival gets the protagonist to become a trainer once again to travel across the brand new Pokemon League in their home region that spans across both Anphelio and Pansperma

Screenshots
    Showcase2.png

Plans for the game
    - Fully custom OST
    - Custom Battle Backgrounds
    - New Evolution Gimmick
    - OPTIONAL* 12 Gym Challenge (4 in Anphelio, 8 in Pansperma)
    - Custom Anphelion and Panspermanian regional variants for over 150+ Pokémon
    - Unique Idle Animations for Each Character Choice
    - Brand New Fakemon
    - 3 New Legendaries
    - Seasons Mechanic
    - Secret Bases/Houses
    - Stealth Sections
    - Expansive postgame​

Credits list so far
    Spoiler:

Notes
    If you are interested in joining the team, please send me a DM over discord, twitter, and even PokeCommunity! You can also contact the team by emailing [email protected].

Discord
    You can join the game's official discord Here

Last edited:

Vxpor

Vxpor
    Years
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    Update: After many members of our discord asking, we have decided to push back the contest end date to Friday the 18th at 11:59 PM EST! If there are any questions, please don't be afraid to ask!

Vxpor

Vxpor
    Years
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    Update: Today is the last day to enter the art contest! If you are still interested in submitting your art in the contest, you still have until 11:59 PM EST tonight! If you can't submit in time or are seeing this in the future, don't fret because we will be hosting more events/contests in the future! After 11:59 PM EST tonight, all submissions will be closed.

Vxpor

Vxpor
    Years
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    Late note: The September contest has been completed and the winners have been chosen!

In Third Place we have: Husk Hiatus with their unnamed Legendary!
    View Here

In Second Place we have: Angelkitsune with the new Legendary Pokémon, Chronodelion!
    View Here

And finally, in First Place we have: Unknown_Bolt with their unnamed Legendary!
    View Here

Thanks to everyone who participated in our first contest/event since announcing our fangame! This was a huge success and we hope to hold more events/competitions in the future! And last but not least,
    Spoiler:

Vxpor

Vxpor
    Years
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    Bump: We are looking for regional variant spriters, trainer spriters, overworld spriters, promotional artists, large-scale spriters, battle/route composers, and programmers! If anyone is interested, please reach out to us, and also please have some previous work to show your development in that category!

Years
    • Seen Jan 16, 2024
    banner3.png

THERE WILL BE TWO VERSIONS OF THIS GAME! ONE WILL BE A DARKER STORY, WHILE THE OTHER BEING IN A MORE TRADITIONAL STORY!

Pokémon Tabula Rasa, inspired by Reborn and Insurgence, is a story-driven fangame with 2 brand new regions!

- 12 new gyms

And already you have my full, undivided attention.

Can you change the Gen VI "feature" where you get less experience when you defeat a Pokemon at a much lower level than yours? I always hated that feature and hope for all developers to not include it in their games.

Vxpor

Vxpor
    Years
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    Bump: Region maps for Anphelio and Pansperma have been added!

Years
    • Seen Aug 22, 2021
    hello. please consider adding the accessibility scripts that notimportant and silverwind are making once it's released. thanks

Years
    • Seen Feb 1, 2021
    Just from the screenshots and your breakdown of this game I'm very pumped and can't wait for it!

Vxpor

Vxpor
    Years
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    Bump:
    With the launch of another one of my projects, Pokémon Suit & Tie, means Pokémon Tabula Rasa will transition back into full swing! If you haven't already, be sure to follow our socials, as we have some very exciting information coming up in the next couple of weeks/months!

Vxpor

Vxpor
    Years
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    Bump:
    Fixed a variety of grammar mistakes and spelling errors

Vxpor

Vxpor
    Years
    • Seen May 2, 2024
    Bump: Hey everybody! It's been a minute since I've posted anything under this forum. I would like to say that the team and I are still hard at work on an upcoming playable version of Pokemon Tabula Rasa and we are excited to reveal what we've all been working on with all of you very soon. In the meantime, I would like to give a couple of quick updates on what's been happening thus far.

1st Things First: While we do have a fantastic team already that is working on the project, we would definitely appreciate more help from members of the community. You can read more on the recruitment page that I will link at the bottom of this comment but the main positions we are looking for are mainly Scripters, Spriters, and Artists. While we are accepting other, more niche, positions, these are the main three we are needing the most.

2nd: Our game's discord server has grown over the past year to an astounding 185 members and counting! Because of the awesome amount of feedback we've received over that past year, I wanted to find a way to reward our fans by showing off one of the main things we've been working. To do so, we decided to set a member goal on our Discord of 200 members. Once we hit 200 members, we will reveal a big announcement that we've really been working a while on, as well as a couple more details about the game and its development. If you would like to join the discord for the game, the link for that can be found below as well.

3rd and Final Note: It's really been a little over a year since we've started to work on this project and I really can't thank everyone enough, inside and outside the project for their contributions and support. This has been an amazing journey and we are super excited to take it to the next step over the upcoming months. The feedback we've received, good and bad, has really helped us shape this project and its inner-workings to be the best they can possibly be and I really can't thank all of you enough for that. We really appreciate all the support and really couldn't have done any of this without all of you out there.

Seriously, From the Bottom of My Heart, Thank You,
    Vxpor

Recruitment Forum: https://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=439464
    Discord: https://discord.gg/nccNGub

Years
    • Seen Feb 22, 2024
    The idea is very interesting and the maps are pretty cool. I'm looking forward to see both stories =D

Back