• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Essentials] Pokémon Tales of the Islands - Now Recruiting!

Midarlarsupl

CEO at chunky bois
Years

• Logo7.png
    "The past is what you remember, imagine you remember, convince yourself you remember, or pretend you remember."
    -Harold Pinter (1930-2008)

"Pokémon: Tales of the Islands" is a project being made on RPG Maker using Pokémon Essentials 20.1 as its base.

This passion project is a fruit of almost 8 years of experience in the creation of fangames in the Nintendo fan community, and I hope you enjoy playing it as I enjoy making it.

Plot:​

Imagine being a prodigious 11 year-old kid in the wonderful world of Pokémon, being one of the best trainers that you're home town has ever brought, almost getting all of the badges of your home region, your future is bright, maybe becoming a champion is in on your way...
    You're now 26, and working as a office guy in the Devon Co. is your daily basis, everything is mundane and somewhat obnoxious. Secretly giving a cookie to a freshly revived Lileep is the most exciting thing that happened to you in a month.

Luckily for you, you're getting promoted! And your new task has nothing to do with paperwork, so it feels good. Being a Field Researcher is now you're new job, and on none other than the marvelous archipelago of Sevii Islands!, freshly pushing their way to becoming an official region on their own. Your task is simple, obtaining interesting and useful stuff to make new types of Poke Balls, since Silph Co. has dominated that market since decades ago.
    Its your job to "balance the scales", or at least that was the pamphlet said so. But maybe this new adventure will help you connect on what you most loved doing in your childhood, being a Pokémon Trainer.

You're not alone in this quest, from childhood friends, angsty supervisors to mentally-disturbed and cosplay-loving guys trying to create a new version of Team Rocket, you will face tough challenges and hard battles as you come through in this journey around the well known archipelago.

Spoiler:

(This is you)

Region:

Basically, Sevii Islands but in steroids.

Spoiler:

Pokémon:

I hope you like Beta Pokémon as much as I am, since EVERY Fakemon you're seeing in this project is a Betamon!

Spoiler:

Features:​
    • Around 183 brand new Fakemon based around Betamon found on RBY GSC and DPPT's betas.​
    • No Gym Leaders, your progress is based around how many types of Poke Ball have you prototyped.​
    • Brand new Poke Balls, obviously.​
    • Semi-linear history, with branching sidestories and optional islands to explore.​
    • Reimagined Move Tutor System, you found colored pieces in brand new boulders scattered around all the region, and the Move Tutors are based around them.​
    • Limited Pokémon Party, you need to upgrade manually your "Pokémon Trainer License" so you're allowed to carry more than 3 Pokémon in your party.
    ​​

Due to the scale of the project, I leave a list of vacancies for which they can apply:

2/2 Map/Level Designer: Me, Crank#5235
    3/3 Character Designer: tenebris exilium#0959, Solo_Grace#9658, kallisto#1717
    0/2 Fakemon Designer:
    1/2 Writer: TwentyExEx#0258
    1/2 Graphic Designer or Illustrator related to images or logos: Minari#0485
    1/2 Spriter with experience in creating Trainers, Pokémon or graphics related to the Battle GUI: ali760 (Zavkia Region)#7871
    1/2 Spriter with experience in creating Tilesets and OWs: AnonAlpaca#0765
    0/1 Scripter with any experience in Ruby 2.5:
    1/2 Musician: PokemonRater#7851

Discord Server!
    https://discord.gg/AESn2PCer7

The way to contact me is through this website's private messages, telling me what function you want to apply for and an example of past work, or with my Discord, my username is Midarlarsupl#4715.​

Credits:
    Spoiler:

Without further ado, I wish you a good afternoon, day or night to anyone who has taken the trouble to read this entire text.​

Last edited:

Midarlarsupl

CEO at chunky bois
    Years
  • 11/20/2022 "Before Holidays" Update
    Spoiler:

12/13/2022 "Iron Bundle's Adoration Season" Update
    Spoiler:

Back