• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: The Fae Stones [Updated 22nd Aug]

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    That feature is pretty awesome, really drives the whole idea of exploration and mystery. I'm actually getting a little excited for this hack, it just keeps getting more and more unique!

Wow, this is a really great feature...
    Will there be someone who will give indices about locations if you miss out the chime?

Thank you both :) I know it's not a 'brand new' feature, as many people in the past have had something similar, but it's a system I quite like and feel it'll fit in to exploring this new, developed Kanto region.

Most of the time, there won't be any other give away - but that doesn't matter too much. The Secrets Keeper will react to all things you find between chats with him, so even if you go through the whole game before talking to him you won't miss any of the secrets or their rewards.

Most secrets will be fairly obvious as they'll have a little cutscene :3.

Next update will feature more on Viridian/Route 1 including this game's berry system!~

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023

UPDATE: The Berry System

Berry Trees have been a staple in Pokémon games since generation 2 - there have been many new incantations and uses for berries throughout the years, and this hack is no different.

Berries grow on normal-looking trees in Pokémon Fae, but are noticeable due to their sprite being displayed. Berries appear as three, blue, round fruits hanging from the tree. In order to pick these berries, just like in FR, you need a Berry Pouch. Each tree can offer between 2-5 berries - some have fixed amounts, some vary naturally. There is an important difference though - berries will not regrow!

What can I use these berries for, you say? Berries have several uses.
    1. Hold Items
    2. Potion Making
    3. Pokémon Helpers

Potion Making will be introduced later in the game, to balance the lack of potions in shops. It will allow you to combine certain berries to make potions of greater strength.

Pokémon Helpers are NPCs that will unlock or reveal secret areas or items when fed the correct berry. Each helper is different, and later examples may need a variety of berries.

Ignore tiny tile errors please:
    2yuglys.png
    suwrr5.png

2r2ni54.png
    10ndfuw.png

Last edited:

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
    Years
  • I like the storyline and the presentation of the thread and your screenshots so far. This looks like it will be fun to play. Is the Kabuto that you're on in the water apart of the OW or do you just have the OW copying the player's movements or using scripts to move him?

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    I like the storyline and the presentation of the thread and your screenshots so far. This looks like it will be fun to play. Is the Kabuto that you're on in the water apart of the OW or do you just have the OW copying the player's movements or using scripts to move him?

The Kabuto is actually not controllable :) He merely ferries you across to locations that won't be accessible (either not accessible at all, or not until you've got surf in this one's case).

GoGoJJTech

(☞゚ヮ゚)☞ http://GoGoJJTech.com ☜(゚ヮ゚☜)
    Years
  • I like the idea behind the textbox, but only thing I'd suggest about it is making it a bit more dynamic
    It's a little flat looking, which is fine, but flat AND rectangular isn't really great. The style you should keep though :D

Shiny Quagsire

I'm Still Alive, Elsewhere
    Years
  • 10ndfuw.png

Might I suggest, for the Kabuto, to maybe make them look a little more "submerged"? The one under the player isn't as big of a deal but the others look a little odd like they're walking on the water. Just a suggestion.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    You're right, SQ. Does this look any better? Editing our any little 'feet' add-ons, or should I make the difference more pronounced.

4vlapk.png
    6ozdzm.png

Years
  • It's been long since I've seen a hack with so much work put into it. Nowadays, people just crap something out and call it a Pokemon hack. The storyline is really interesting, and sorta hints an Apocalypse which I really like :) Good luck!

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Oct 17, 2023
    Looks a lot better, in my opinion.

Good, that's now it! ;3

It's been long since I've seen a hack with so much work put into it. Nowadays, people just crap something out and call it a Pokemon hack. The storyline is really interesting, and sorta hints an Apocalypse which I really like :) Good luck!

Thank you!~

Progress is steady :) I can't do much in the week due to work, but I'm slowly mapping and scripting along - so far I'm on to mapping inside and outside Pallet Town and setting up the scripts that are needed to progress the story!

During your visit to Pallet Town you'll also find out a bit more about Professor Green's life.

Years
    • Seen May 21, 2018
    I am so for this hack. I am willing to help anyway I can! is there anything you need exactly? I'm loving the progression of this so much!

Back