• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon the Lost World

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhuan

Sphere scripter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2010
    RGB colour adjusting systems are fun.

On that topic, anyone with a copy of sphere, stick this in your sphere games folder and see how easy colour adjusting is in sphere, took me 20 mins (including time taken encrypting the code so you can't understand it :P Lost World will be encrypted more effectively than this...) to make this:

spheredev.org/~rhuan/window_style.zip

edit Sphere now included, just double click engine.exe

Last edited:

zirico

M.C.F.C
    Years
    Is anyone else aware that Orre is not another reigon, it is a different dimension, so i dont know how that will be encorporated in the game..... maybe something to do with celebi ???????????? :)

all the best capt,
    can you tell us if the next update will have any new maps in it?

Zirico

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
    Years
    Is anyone else aware that Orre is not another reigon, it is a different dimension, so i dont know how that will be encorporated in the game..... maybe something to do with celebi ???????????? :)

all the best capt,
    can you tell us if the next update will have any new maps in it?

Zirico

That doesn't make any sense. Orre is an actual REGION in the Pokémon World, located north of Kanto. Torn World (Giratina) would be another dimension. Celebi also has NOTHING to do with the Orre region: Celebi travels through time periods, not alternate dimensions. Either you have an overactive imagination or you're completely clueless.

By the way, don't ask about updates. They'll come when they need to come.

Rhuan

Sphere scripter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2010
    Is it arrogant to expect a comment on a random tech demo I posted 14 hours ago?

Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2009
    I looked at it but i can't cause i dont have Sphere :) so...
    and even if I had Sphere i think i wouldnt understand :D

... Now you have your comment ;)

Rhuan

Sphere scripter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2010
    I've replaced the file with the same tech demo but with the windows version of sphere included. So to run it just double click engine.exe

Controls are arrow keys and the return key. It just shows how much control sphere gives over colour.

If it doesn't work you may have to run config.exe and configure sphere for your computer, I would give it a standard config that should work on any windows machine, but I don't have a windows machine available to do that on.

Rhuan

Sphere scripter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2010
    If you download the file and you are running a windows based computer double click the engine.exe and the game should play.
    Waudby you may start giving out the wrong idea, this file is not a game at all, it's a tech demo showing off how easy it is to manipulate colours in sphere, it does it with a windowstyle but the same can be done to any bit of graphics. I posted it because I think somebody was asking about customisable appearance or something, can't remember now, anyway, yeah, we're going to have different outfits and then if I get my way you'll be able to apply a colour mask to your outfit like you can to the windowstyle in that techdemo.

here's the link again if anyone's looking for it: https://www.spheredev.org/~rhuan/window_style.zip hopefully should work if you just double click engine.exe

Last edited:

zirico

M.C.F.C
    Years
    so,......

has the been any discussions over pokemon contests, and grand festivals. these come up frequently in the anime and there is some sort of contest in every other town and some times even in routes, i think the contests in the games so far have been terrible compared to the anime and this could be made a real shinning point of the game.

what does everybody else think????????

zirico~

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
    Years
    so,......

has the been any discussions over pokemon contests, and grand festivals. these come up frequently in the anime and there is some sort of contest in every other town and some times even in routes, i think the contests in the games so far have been terrible compared to the anime and this could be made a real shinning point of the game.

what does everybody else think????????

zirico~

Can you imagine what it would take to custom program a contest?

Yeah, I doubt ANYONE would want to go through this...

Atomic Reactor

uh... can you imagine what it would take to program EVERYTHING else?
    Im pretty sure contests arent going to be a huge deal..

Rhuan

Sphere scripter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2010
    I was really hoping I'd get some comments on my pathetic colour tech demo, ah well.

Seriously, I can program anything in sphere, don't worry about that as a limitation. The problem if there is one will be on the graphical or audio side.

Waudby

Rhuan, i tried out your techdemo, it's pretty cool, it's a shame you encrypted so no one could see how easy or difficult, it is to do that in Sphere.

But other than that i'm looking forward to seeing what you can produce :D

EJames2100

Pokémon Hall Of Fame Supporter
    Years
    I downloaded that Sphere thing but nothing would happen when I opened it, Just came up with a square screen with 4 Colours names and 255 next top both, I don't have Sphere so maybe that's why O.o

Waudby

I downloaded that Sphere thing but nothing would happen when I opened it, Just came up with a square screen with 4 Colours names and 255 next top both, I don't have Sphere so maybe that's why O.o

That's what's meant to happen, if you press the enter key on and then use the left and right arrows, it changes the value of that colour.

It's to show how you can change colours of things on the fly.

EJames2100

Pokémon Hall Of Fame Supporter
    Years
    Ahh, I had it downloaded on my other pc and it seemed a little slow(Quite a lot) So I gave up on it, I'll have a quick go now :)

Rhuan

Sphere scripter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2010
    Rhuan, i tried out your techdemo, it's pretty cool, it's a shame you encrypted so no one could see how easy or difficult, it is to do that in Sphere.

But other than that i'm looking forward to seeing what you can produce :D
    Look inside the game folder, look for a file called temp, that's the code non-encrypted.

zirico

M.C.F.C
    Years
    hello

questions

1.) has anyone asked the question of relationships with pokemon, and pokemon happiness, will this be included, and will it effect more things in the game such as faster exp. gain and stronger attacks. ??????????

2.) will the different regions look different in the games, slightly such as the building types. ????????

3.) has anyone heard from the Captain recently ??????????????

good luck PLW team

ps. lets get some discussions started !!!

zirico~

Pika Storm

learning to script
    Years
    questions

1.) has anyone asked the question of relationships with pokemon, and pokemon happiness, will this be included, and will it effect more things in the game such as faster exp. gain and stronger attacks. ??????????

2.) will the different regions look different in the games, slightly such as the building types. ????????

3.) has anyone heard from the Captain recently ??????????????

good luck PLW team

ps. lets get some discussions started !!!

zirico~

1.) I don't think anyone has asked that before, that would make a good point of the game though

2.)what do you mean? The maps will look similar to the games, but they are supersized so much that they are not very similar to the game maps anymore

3.) C.A. said before that if he hasn't posted in a while, it's because he feels no need to, he did say that he checks the thread several times a day though

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back