• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon the Lost World

Status
Not open for further replies.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    what do you mean? The maps will look similar to the games, but they are supersized so much that they are not very similar to the game maps anymore

I think he's talking about anime exclusive locations...

zirico

M.C.F.C
    Years
    i was talking about how all the games feel different and have different buildings etc. so that the reigons will still feel familiar and not like a completley new region.

if that makes sence

Rhuan

Sphere scripter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2010
    I can't answer the other questions, but I was discussing battle system mechanics with the captain on, now was it monday or tuesday, can't remember.

GFA

Mega Blastoise is my homeboy
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2018
    i was talking about how all the games feel different and have different buildings etc. so that the reigons will still feel familiar and not like a completley new region.

if that makes sence

But thats what makes them unique. Why would you want all the regions to be the same?

Pika Storm

learning to script
    Years
    Each region will from what C.A. has said so far have a different feel. There is the variance factor, the stat difference, and he hinted a while ago that there will be different tree sprites in each region; to put it simple, each region will not nave the same feel

zirico

M.C.F.C
    Years
    Each region will from what C.A. has said so far have a different feel. There is the variance factor, the stat difference, and he hinted a while ago that there will be different tree sprites in each region; to put it simple, each region will not nave the same feel

thanks, somone answered my question lol.....

also, ........ does anyone know if the plw team has started on the battle engine yet?????

zirico~

Rhuan

Sphere scripter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2010
    thanks, somone answered my question lol.....

also, ........ does anyone know if the plw team has started on the battle engine yet?????

zirico~
    What did I say in answer to the question of whether anyone has communicated with the captain recently?

"I was discussing battle system mechanics with the captain on, now was it monday or tuesday, can't remember."

zirico

M.C.F.C
    Years
    has a start been made in it???????

also another idea, !

it would be cool if the movies were craeted in the game. eg/. in the mewtwo story line you and your 4 rivals (and some other strong trainers) should be invited to new island and then relive the story line of the film. this could be how many specialor legendary pokemon are abtained. what do you think?????????

whilst in-game will we be ale to switch from offline to online or will we have to save and start the game again. if it is not decided i would definatley go for the option of being able to change in-game.

when we get to new regions will we have to sign up for the pokemon league at the pokemon center like in the anime

also several tradebacks (npc's that you trade with and then have the option of trading back) should be encorporated into the game as to avoid people not getting there pokemon back from trading to evolve there pokemon

zirico~

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Nov 13, 2009
    Yeah that last idea sound like a good idea, but i think that the Captain want s an other way of evolving... for example kadabra ev at lvl 46 in Alakazam
    But your idea is very good aswell (in my opinion) :D

zirico

M.C.F.C
    Years
    thanks, but i think that they should evolve by using an item, as these evolutions have always been special in a way if you know what i mean, they still need to have a trick to evolve in my opinion. but its not realy that important i guess.

zirico~

Rhuan

Sphere scripter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2010
    The battle system is in the concept phase at the moment, very little actual code has been written for it as we're trying to decide exactly what it's going to be...

Don't worry though, I've written battle systems before.

zirico

M.C.F.C
    Years
    The battle system is in the concept phase at the moment, very little actual code has been written for it as we're trying to decide exactly what it's going to be...

Don't worry though, I've written battle systems before.

thats a releif, i know with all you dedicated guy working on the project it wil be finished. (hopefully within 3 years). anyways good luck.

ps. its going to be harder to code than the origional battling systems because of the new features and the new moves total. but anyway im sure you can do it. once again good luck.

zirico~

Rhuan

Sphere scripter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2010
    thats a releif, i know with all you dedicated guy working on the project it wil be finished. (hopefully within 3 years). anyways good luck.

ps. its going to be harder to code than the origional battling systems because of the new features and the new moves total. but anyway im sure you can do it. once again good luck.

zirico~
    It will be many times harder than the original :p I could probably write the original in a day, this will probably take quite a while (as in a couple of weeks of on off work, once we've finished planning it) :p

Pika Storm

learning to script
    Years
    Yeah that last idea sound like a good idea, but i think that the Captain want s an other way of evolving... for example kadabra ev at lvl 46 in Alakazam
    But your idea is very good aswell (in my opinion) :D

thanks, but i think that they should evolve by using an item, as these evolutions have always been special in a way if you know what i mean, they still need to have a trick to evolve in my opinion. but its not realy that important i guess.

zirico~

The idea of pokemon that evolve through trade evolving at a level has been sugested and dealt with: pokemon will evolve the way they always have. You can trade with real people that are also playing

Years
    • Seen Sep 15, 2022
    Ugh...zirico...

You really have to calm down man. I check up on this thread and I get to see this fun. Please, give us a break. We're doing the very best we can, and answering all these questions both get annoying, and it ruins the surprise factor of things.

~Mooshykris

Likewise

Bye.
    Years
    He has every right to ask questions.
    Now to not make my post spam....

Would you play online or offline?
    I would personally switch on and off.

0m3GA ARS3NAL

Im comin' home...
    Years
    I would play online all teh time! ^-^ I have a question, how will in-game chat work? Will there be Mic chat? or Text bases only? (It is ok if you dont answer, I dont want to spoil anything.)

zirico

M.C.F.C
    Years
    i would play offline but would like to be able to switch from online to offline in the game for trades and battles and tournaments etc, and just to chat.

Rhuan

Sphere scripter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2010
    I would play online all teh time! ^-^ I have a question, how will in-game chat work? Will there be Mic chat? or Text bases only? (It is ok if you dont answer, I dont want to spoil anything.)
    Sorry, sphere has no support for microphones. And most of my attempts to hack around with sphere's source end in disaster...

zirico

M.C.F.C
    Years
    sorry for asking so many questions Mooshykris but i'm just so currious and exited about this game. also that is what these threads are for, dicussions, questions, ideas and ....... UPDATES!!!!!!

anyway, not to ask an annoying question but could the PTLW team put a percentage of each part of game creation (sorry dont know how to word it) such as scripting, mapping and story on the first post like some hacks and other fangames do. this would give supporters more of an idea on where abouts the game is and stop people asking for the link to download it. (which gets annoying im sure you'll agree.)

zirico~

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back