• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon the Lost World

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhuan

Sphere scripter
Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2010
    The idea of being able to train your pokemon against/with each other sounds cool, but I don't see how it could be implemented without being broken, you'd always be able to train pokemon with pokemon of their own level, so you could if you wanted to level everyone to level 100 at the start of the game. Maybe the Captain could come up with a way for it be limited enough that it wouldn't be broken, but I wouldn't count on it.

The vehicles taking a long time idea, is something I like the sound of as I like "realism" but we'd then have to add lots and lots and lots of things to do on the vehicles. Again, maybe the Captain will come up with a few long journeys with good stuff to do on them, but I wouldn't count on it. (Do not take my words as authoritative, the only part of the game I'm in any way in control of is scripting, how it does stuff, not what it does, I'm just speculating with the rest of you here)

scienceboy

3 Gen Pokemon Master
    Years
    • Seen Jul 5, 2011
    qw, why would you be able to chose what traits and moves a baby gets from its parents? when you have a kid, do you get to chose if it has blond hair blu eyes?

Captain Arcane

spoon full o'peanut butter
    Years
  • Now, maybe I'm wrong, but qw, I don't think you even read the rules on the front page. Every time I log on to the PC, the only questions I see being asked are ones by you. Of course there are others, but the majority of the questions are from you, and I specifically stated in the thread rules "do not ask to many questions." Asking numerous questions is considered spam. So, it seems you have complete disregard for the established rules of this thread. There was also another thing I wrote as well, and I mentioned it twice on the front page.

It was: In order to post any questions concerning the game, you must fully read the rules of thread.

Now, then again, you may have read all the rules, and then again, you may have forgotten them. But either way, that doesn't change the fact that you have been breaking them. So, before asking any more questions, I'd suggest maybe looking over the rules of the front page.

I'm sorry for sounding rude, but we are the ones that have to answer your questions. I would be happy to answer all your questions and everyone else's, but I just can't, and neither can my staff.

I'm sorry to say this qw, but if you infringe on the rules anymore, I will have to report you for spamming. I hope that you understand and see your mistakes, and if so, we can cross this bridge.

Thank you,
    Captain Arcane

Pika Storm

learning to script
    Years
  • Thank you C.A., I hope spamming will be at a minimal from now on. But that is not the reason for this post, the reason was that I noticed a glitch in two of the trees in route 2:

Pokémon the Lost World

I am not saying that the map isn't good bacause of that, because this map alone is better than an entire nintendo game. I am just saying this because there will only be the final product, and am trying to save effort in making patches.

Years
  • True we've compiled some great questions here in re-opening the thread.
    Just don't try to bombard the thread with them.

And Pika Storm to answer your question I would imagine them to be player friendly.

Rhuan

Sphere scripter
    Years
    • Seen Jan 26, 2010
    Patches would/will be fun, it would mean me making a patch system :)

Mitchman

Banned
    Years
  • LOL rhuan you are script happy arent you! Anyway i see the spam level of this project has gone up to 9000 again. Anyway i hope captain has some suprises for us and we will all be happy. But just one question captain and i am sorry if i seem rude(although i am really just wondering as a staff member)
    The sprites for the variants would be made later on into production like one of the final steps or early on to get finioshed with?

mini poliwag

JUGLEFV Ultra Trainer
    Years
  • They are doing several parts of the game at the same time
    they started doing variants at the launch i think

which reminds me, the cap hasnt posted the variants pics this time round either
    are you remaking them or did you run outa space

and ive always wondered dont you need some sort of rights to make a game
    wouldnt it be copyright.

Last edited:

Captain Arcane

spoon full o'peanut butter
    Years
  • They are doing several parts of the game at the same time
    they started doing variants at the launch i think

which reminds me, the cap hasnt posted the variants pics this time round either
    are you remaking them or did you run outa space

and ive always wondered dont you need some sort of rights to make a game
    wouldnt it be copyright.

First off, we will not be getting into the discussion of copyrights. That happened once before, and all it lead to was pointless arguments. So this topic ends right here. [topic ended]

The reason why that there aren't any pictures for Pokémon Varaints is because I ran out of room on the front page. They are not being remade. Varaints are made in spare time. They are not overly time consuming, but the what is getting done are the concepts for Pokémon Variants.

Oh, and just a little notice for everyone, the tile errors have been fixed, I just haven't updated the pictures yet. I'll get to it sometime this week. But, do not worry, they are fixed.

I hope that clears some things up,
    Captain Arcane.

Atomic Reactor

i really dont think you need to take the time to update the pics..
    there werent that mnany tile errors.
    i say just leave it the way it is...
    no body is really gonna care to much.

CP3

2Pac is still alive!
    Years
    • Seen Jul 31, 2010
    I got one question

Since game is going to be like the series will the concept of a Pikachu following you will be in the game?

Just in case you don't know, you don't play as ash, you're playing as different person.

Gokey Shuckle

Bisexual and Proud
    Years
  • I know the answer to my question may be an obvious "No" but I want to know anyway. Will any sort of TCG aspect be included in the game, like the Holon reigon, or the various attacks on Pokemon that couldn't normally learn, like Sunkern with Rollout, or Lapras with Energy Ball? There are also some TCG cards that are based on events that happen to certain characters, like most of the Gym Leaders. Erika for example has a card called "Erika's Maids" which shows her maids obeying her and stuff. Perhaps not the Holon reigon, but mentions of Holon and the people and pokemon that inhabit it, like the Delta Pokemon. There are also known people and locations from it as well.

Here is a little history on Holon:

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Holon

Last edited:

InMooseWeTrust

Jack of All Trades
    Years
  • I know the answer to my question may be an obvious "No" but I want to know anyway. Will any sort of TCG aspect be included in the game, like the Holon reigon, or the various attacks on Pokemon that couldn't normally learn, like Sunkern with Rollout, or Lapras with Energy Ball? There are also some TCG cards that are based on events that happen to certain characters, like most of the Gym Leaders. Erika for example has a card called "Erika's Maids" which shows her maids obeying her and stuff. Perhaps not the Holon reigon, but mentions of Holon and the people and pokemon that inhabit it, like the Delta Pokemon. There are also known people and locations from it as well.

Here is a little history on Holon:

https://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Holon

According to my research on the subject (and a few of my creative adaptations), Holon is a region to the north of Kanto, on the eastern side. Camerran Palace and the Tree of Beginning (from the Lucario movie) appear to be part of the Holon region. Because Holon makes up the mountainous region (with lots of lush forests and high hills), it makes sense that Orre would be to the northwest (being a desert and all).

Mintale Town would be west of Holon, North of Indigo Plateau.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jul 11, 2023
    According to my research on the subject (and a few of my creative adaptations), Holon is a region to the north of Kanto, on the eastern side. Camerran Palace and the Tree of Beginning (from the Lucario movie) appear to be part of the Holon region. Because Holon makes up the mountainous region (with lots of lush forests and high hills), it makes sense that Orre would be to the northwest (being a desert and all).

Mintale Town would be west of Holon, North of Indigo Plateau.

Completely pointless.

Arcane, I have to say, your game is one of the top five for me. I've always craved the massive environments your game offers, I can't wait to give it a try! Your mapping skills are fantastic. :)

If you ever need help with mapping, give me a shout. I particularly enjoy creating large, complicated maps. XD

Gokey Shuckle

Bisexual and Proud
    Years
  • Completely pointless.

Regardless of whether you think Holon is completely pointless, i'd like to hear what Captain Arcane has to say about it. I'm not going to push him to add it or anything, I just want to know if Holon and the Delta Pokemon will have some sort of mention in the game (as well as other things that happen in the TCG), considering that there is a backstory to Holon.

Also, is Almia going to be South of Sinnoh? The drawn map looks like it would be connected to Sinnoh in the South because it is unseen on the Sinnoh map, and Almia looks exactly like the missing area. It bares a resemblence towards Hokkaido. Also, do you have plans for the West part of Sinnoh yet to be unseen?

This is what I found at Bulbapedia:
    Bulbapedia said:
    [Almia] could also possibly be located just south of Sinnoh, considering the shape of the region when compared to the inaccessible "tail" end of Sinnoh. This can be supported by the fact that Sinnoh is analogous to the real-world Hokkaido and if Sinnoh's geography is compared to that of the real Hokkaido, it appears to be missing a tail-like piece of land that Hokkaido has at its southwest, which Almia's geography bears a very strong resemblance to.

Sorry if I am asking annoying questions. I just want to know about these things. :P

Last edited:
    Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back