• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: The one where you play as Ash Ketchum's Son/Daughter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris The Nerd

OMG a Cowterpie!!!
Years
Lornami, I was joking about gary, he's alright, and we were planning for him to make an appearance in the game, i'm just not sure where.

also, avatarkris, is you like, can you make me a set of everything-sprites (walking, running, fishing, biking, surfing, and using items) for the female sprite about fivw posts above yours?

once I reach 15 posts i'll post the male hero battle sprite (made by evan) that you can make for us, kthx

Last edited:
Years
Oh hehe. ^^;

So have you thought of any names from the children? (I like refer to the male and female hero as 'the children' because it's easier and shorter to say. xD)
Does it necessarily have to tie into the parent's names?

Chris The Nerd

OMG a Cowterpie!!!
Years
I think that it's really cheezy to have he kid's officially named after something related to the adult's (referring to ash and misty, cause it's easier to say) ash jr. is not gonna happen, and ashley, that's just ridiculous. however, in Pokémon tradition, I think that they should have names that have something to do with themselves such as Brock, Misty, Lt. Surge ect. ect. but it's hard to find a name that wasn't already taken

Years
*Pokemon Dub Tradition
(Lol the Japanese would be named after important people.)

That actually does sound better but...
D: Trainers kinda fall out in that aspect. Those three are related to their Gym Type, but take for instance Ash. It's just...Kinda there. Trainers don't know alot about themselves unless you dive into their personality. And the Heros (of the games) never really had their own personality, they kinda become you. Why such ambiguous names such as Red, Green, Blue, Gold, so on.

I think the best names ARE ones that are connected, but not in the cheezy way. Kinda like a little easter egg you don't notice unless you look for it.

Chris The Nerd

OMG a Cowterpie!!!
Years
touche

i guess you're right, and ash does have his name related to himself, only unlike most other characters, it's in his last name ketchum (catch 'em, but I'm sure you already knew that. ) which your character will carry around with him anyway, as it is also their last name. so, i'm totally open to suggestion with the names for the characters, even "maddie" is subject to change ;)

Years
I do hate that last name, arg. xD

I said not cheezy, but...
>_> I have a problem. When I made the sketch of the female hero she looked CALM.
(Like Misty with no temper. But no one said it won't pop up when ruffled.)
In the sprite her hair kinda went wild. Thus it makes her looks wilder.
(Like Ash with Misty's temper...Oh GOD who's bright idea was it to let them have children in the first place?!)

The cheezy name for the female hero that is calm would be...Delia.
(Ash is a Momma's boy. He'd be the one to name her that.)

But the sprite version looks like she'd hate it.

ADD: Just thought of the cheezy hidden way.
Name her Hana or other spellings.
Ash's mother's name in Japanese is Hanako. And Hana doesn't have a defined personality on it. Besides the fact it reminds me of Hannah Montana...

Last edited:

Chris The Nerd

OMG a Cowterpie!!!
Years
[
>_> I have a problem. When I made the sketch of the female hero she looked CALM.
(Like Misty with no temper. But no one said it won't pop up when ruffled.)
In the sprite her hair kinda went wild. Thus it makes her looks wilder.
(Like Ash with Misty's temper...Oh GOD who's bright idea was it to let them have children in the first place?!)
O MAH GOSH! WHAT HAVE I DONE?

oh well, stay the course

The cheezy name for the female hero that is calm would be...Delia.
(Ash is a Momma's boy. He'd be the one to name her that.)

But the sprite version looks like she'd hate it.

ADD: Just thought of the cheezy hidden way.
Name her Hana or other spellings.
Ash's mother's name in Japanese is Hanako.

I like that, let's keep that on the back of our minds

Years
:o Yay~

So now for the Boy.

...He's not getting as much love as the girl I feel. xD Just mentioned his looks and that's it.

Well fathers are missing from Pokemon families. (Ash, Gary, Brock Temp, Misty, Dawn)
So no cheezy father name take. (Lol, and Ash doesn't live with you does he? LOOK ANOTHER ONE!)

Hmmm........Hmm....
He had orange hair right? I can imagine people calling him Carrot Top for a nickname. xD
Still not a real name.

*trails off in thought*

Chris The Nerd

OMG a Cowterpie!!!
Years
:o Yay~

So now for the Boy.

...He's not getting as much love as the girl I feel. xD Just mentioned his looks and that's it.

Well fathers are missing from Pokemon families. (Ash, Gary, Brock Temp, Misty, Dawn)
So no cheezy father name take. (Lol, and Ash doesn't live with you does he? LOOK ANOTHER ONE!)

Hmmm........Hmm....
He had orange hair right? I can imagine people calling him Carrot Top for a nickname. xD
Still not a real name.

*trails off in thought*

I feel that it's time to break the chain of a main character in an RPG to live with only one parent, and ash will live with you, like a good father

well, oh my look at that i have fifteen posts time to put up some pictures... check the first post. you will see our hero there

Years
Awww~ It's not bight Orange. I once dyed my hair bright orange. xD It was a blast.

LOL! Pokeball in route 1!
Your supposed to be able to walk along the tips of the trees, so from the entrance you can walk straight to the side and go through there.

Yay! Good Fathers!
That means he won't be the champion. :o Who will? >D Or is that a secret?

...Blue shirt and white skirt. My sprite has the same thing. xD

Did you sprite those yourself?

ADD:
Use the blue ABC button, second last icon.
Spoiler:

Last edited:

Chris The Nerd

OMG a Cowterpie!!!
Years
Awww~ It's not bight Orange. I once dyed my hair bright orange. xD It was a blast.
yes, not bright, it has to fit the pallete

LOL! Pokeball in route 1!
Your supposed to be able to walk along the tips of the trees, so from the entrance you can walk straight to the side and go through there.
technically, yes, but the movement permissions says no. we'll fix that.

Yay! Good Fathers!
That means he won't be the champion. :o Who will? >D Or is that a secret?
Ash can't be champion, because he didn't beat the Kanto Elite four, however, you do get to battle him after you do... and the champion is
Spoiler:

...Blue shirt and white skirt. My sprite has the same thing. xD
Did you sprite those yourself?
her skirt was originally red, but I changed it to make it fit in the rom, it didn't work, her feet glitch up when you save it. i may change the colors a million times to get it to fit.
I sprited Maddie, but EvanMiesterX did the boy

Last edited:
Years
Red skirt? Is just just like Leaf with blonde hair? xD Thats no fun!

Hmm...I really don't know anything about pallets. Though I was sure that you can change the pallet colors or something. I know in Advance-Map there was a pallet changer.

;P Then my sprite may not be game able, because I didn't take any of that in mind. Though I did use colors from other sprites; everything but the blue.

Chris The Nerd

OMG a Cowterpie!!!
Years
netga, there are some post where you can learn all about hacking, and what programs to use.

@Lornami
i inverted the colors temporarily, i used a blue skirt and a red shirt, but somehow it changed back. I'm planning on changing it anyway
maybe an all white outfit, to symbolize her purity.... hmmmm....

Years
Purity? :o Interesting.

.-. Ahh I have no clue how to mess with anything besides mapping. I thought you just kinda stuck the sprite in place of the old and it would work.
xD Shows how much I know.

Ima go look for something about that now and educate myself.

Chris The Nerd

OMG a Cowterpie!!!
Years
here's how purity will be defined here

purity- n. .... white is probably in every pallette, so it should work

I thought the same thing, but apparently, it goes all glitchy when it tries to put a sprite in the place of another if they are not compatable

what I want:
maddie.png

what I get:
glitched.png

Last edited:
Years
I have educated myself.

AND I AM SUCCESSFUL! :'D

fheroingame.jpg

Walk me through what you did. Maybe two heads can figure it out.

ADD:
maddietestcard.png

Have no problem with getting Maddie in there.

BUT.
She's the Hero. Did you rewrite someone else's sprite?
If it's too small she won't come out right. I don't think this is about the pallet.

Last edited:

Chris The Nerd

OMG a Cowterpie!!!
Years
i've figured it out! I was trying to put her in place of gary, as she is the rival, but that wasn't working out, so instead, i put her in place of somebody else... oh well, looks like you can't have a double battle with an elderly couple anymore, i'll just delete all of the instances where you run into gary, and replace them with fresh new scripts. btw, your sprite worked without a problem in mine

add: where is your character's bag?

Years
Lol yeah they are all 64 x 64. BUT you have to have the same size as the actual sprite. It won't detect the transparent stuff.
Gary is too slender, so when you overwrite him it doesn't work. ;p

Bye bye old couple. Looks like they died off in the last 20 years.

And uh....
.-. I never made her with a bag.
I had a bag that looked like Misty's in the sketch, but that wouldn't work with the pockets and stuff and I didn't like the big one and I didn't know where to put it.
So I kinda left it out. xD

ADD:
What happened to Female Hero's hair? The darker shade of it is off colored.
Actually all the darker black is the wrong color.

Last edited:

Chris The Nerd

OMG a Cowterpie!!!
Years
ok, :o you know what i forgot... earlier you said that the male player wasn't getting any love... what about the male rival? we haven't even made him yet!! lol can you do that for me if you're not too busy? oops

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back