• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Spinoff/Mobile Pokémon transforming in GO. A glitch?

Arjay

#GoStags
    Years
    I just found a Rattata and I need to catch normal types for field research, otherwise I'd never bother with a Rattata normally. When I caught it it said: Gotcha! Psyduck was caught!

Thought I must have misread or something but no, when the new screen came up it was a Psyduck. Has anyone else had this happen before?

Attachments

• Pokémon transforming in GO. A glitch?
      BABAE5B4-C912-48F9-80B0-E1756A72659C.png
      221.6 KB · Views: 3
    • Pokémon transforming in GO. A glitch?
      3620A10E-BD1B-46B6-9432-58DB9AB0BC09.png
      145.7 KB · Views: 3
    Years
    • Seen Feb 9, 2024
    I've been having that problem especially when I play at work because I work at a mall. I never seem to have that issue at home.

Arjay

#GoStags
    Years
    It happened again today. A Weedle became a Rattata upon being caught. And not like transforming like Ditto, it literally just goes from being one Pokémon when you throw the ball at it, to being another the moment it says "Gotcha!". I've never seen it happen and I've played this game since day one, now it's happened twice in 24 hours.

Back