• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Twisted Mind

Status
Not open for further replies.

negative

Life returns. Life prevails.
Years
Thanks, Christos!

So, yeah – it's happening again!

Basically, I had a long hiatus from April until now, mostly because of college obligations. Now that that is mostly over, I can finally resume to continue this pet project of mine.

Now, in these past months I did consider one comment in this thread, saying that Neoriceisgood's Fakemon don't really fit in (stylistically speaking) with the original Pokémon. At first, I didn't really care to notice the issue, but I finally came to the conclusion that I'll be throwing most of Fakemon out.(Some of them do actually fit in with the overall style, so I'll be keeping them.) Instead, I will be spriting new Fakemon myself.

I did consider designing my own Fakemon, which in some point will be a thing, but I did acquire permission to use some Fakemon designs from other artists on other art forums. But that won't really be enough, right?

So, this is the part when YOU come in. I always wanted to see this project be bigger than it actually is, so I'm addressing all the creative people in this forum –
If you have any design or ideas of a Fakemon or even a whole family of Fakemon and if you would like to see them in my hack, then please – just send it my way. Maybe that will actually happen!

For the lack of any other new progress, I can show my starting efforts in spriting:

1_zpshtgou2dt.png
2_zpsfpm3llcq.png

Le pug

Creator of Pokémon: Discovery / Fat Kid
Years
Glad to see you're back Riddler :] if you need help with scripting (i.e. Josefig is ded) then I'd be glad to help you out, just let me know. Also, I'm about to head into work but when I get home I'll show you some awesome fakemon that I think will work well with the theme of your hack. Welcome back!

Edit: Feel free to sprite these public sprites and use them or I have some I have gotten made for my hacks that you can use (though really you can use any sprite you see... just make your sprites of them ... 'cus ya know, who are we to say that we can't sprite fakemon concept art and use it when GameFreak would love to land any of us in jail for illegally downloading and modifying their games?):

[X][X][X][X][X][X][X][X][X][X][X][Used in Discovery]

This could help in the spriting of your beetle-looking fakemon: [X]

Last edited:

MasterBallz

MasterBall Abuser
Years
Just browse deviantart for fakemon you like i'm sure you have good judgment to choose the coolest ones although you should ask for permission to use them. Maybe my avatar can be in the game it's pretty bad ass.

negative

Life returns. Life prevails.
Years
Glad to see you're back Riddler :] if you need help with scripting (i.e. Josefig is ded) then I'd be glad to help you out, just let me know. Also, I'm about to head into work but when I get home I'll show you some awesome fakemon that I think will work well with the theme of your hack. Welcome back!

Edit: Feel free to sprite these public sprites and use them or I have some I have gotten made for my hacks that you can use (though really you can use any sprite you see... just make your sprites of them ... 'cus ya know, who are we to say that we can't sprite fakemon concept art and use it when GameFreak would love to land any of us in jail for illegally downloading and modifying their games?):

[X][X][X][X][X][X][X][X][X][X][X][Used in Discovery]

This could help in the spriting of your beetle-looking fakemon: [X]
Thanks, Le!
The little beetle already has an evolution, although not in sprite form yet. But I will take these designs into consideration. And again, if you have any more you'd want to see in this, just send it!

Just browse deviantart for fakemon you like i'm sure you have good judgment to choose the coolest ones although you should ask for permission to use them. Maybe my avatar can be in the game it's pretty bad ass.

Yeah, most of the designers do see the potential in this hack - I usually send them a link to Twisted Mind - so some of them are actually nice enough to give me permission. Your avatar does look bad ass, but a bit too humanoid to be a Pokémon. Maybe I can use the design and make a trainer out of it.

Anyways, I've been spriting a bit, and every time I finish a family of fakes, I'll probably send them directly to this thread. Like a Fakedex in progress kind of a thing. I've just loved spriting bugs lately, so I made these two:

Twisted%20Mind321_zpsihyghqhk.png
Twisted%20Mind123_zpsuc2ywufc.png

(obviously based on mosquitos)

Jukai

JET DINO, YEAH
Years
Thanks, Le!
The little beetle already has an evolution, although not in sprite form yet. But I will take these designs into consideration. And again, if you have any more you'd want to see in this, just send it!

Yeah, most of the designers do see the potential in this hack - I usually send them a link to Twisted Mind - so some of them are actually nice enough to give me permission. Your avatar does look bad ass, but a bit too humanoid to be a Pokémon. Maybe I can use the design and make a trainer out of it.

Anyways, I've been spriting a bit, and every time I finish a family of fakes, I'll probably send them directly to this thread. Like a Fakedex in progress kind of a thing. I've just loved spriting bugs lately, so I made these two:

YOU'RE BACK!

It's been a while! I was sorta worried that you'd abandoned this. I'm glad to see you back in action, everything looks great so far.

MasterBallz

MasterBall Abuser
Years
Thanks, Le!

It's basically a eagle lucario but whatevs i'm sure once they see your hack they'll be lining up to give you fakemons good look with choosing the good ones and spriting them.

Reject217

Great Pokémon Reject
Years
Oya? It's been too long! Welcome back! The update is nice to hear, and I can't wait to see what Fakemon you will use. You still have my support, so I'll still be lurking this thread. And now, I must return to the shadows and not reappear until at most another week. (Fall semester, Twitch, various anime, and GTA V take up most of my time now)

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Nov 1, 2023
Me want... (0v0)

But in all seriousness, this looks really cool! When I first came upon this I got so upset because there wasn't a Beta yet, but I hope this is very sucessful for you

:D I love it so far

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back