• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon: Ultimate Quest

Status
Not open for further replies.

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    great idea. i like it. & bty il have the sprites ready by 2mor.

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2017
    Cool, I will probably go with that idea then.

I plan to include some (non-fail) Pokémon from the fourth gen, but I'm still thinking about it.

If so, here are what they will be:

9 starters
    10 Aipibom
    11 Mismagius
    12 Honchkrow
    13 Lucario
    14 Gible
    15 Gabite
    16 Garchomp
    17 Weavile
    18 Yankmega
    19 Leafeon
    20 Glaceon
    21 Gallade

Bosses

Mecha Mew
    Three headed bird
    Shadow Lugia
    Light Ho-Oh

They are mostly from those lacking in their type already (ghost, dark, dragon, bug). Some are just suitable and/or rather cool. Most Pokémon in gen 4 were just horrible, and I didn't choose any of the legendaries as they were a bit OTT. Controlling the elements like the 3rd gen legendaries is far enough, but time and space? Come on...

The bosses are special Pokémon that you cannot catch, and will be one-off boss battles.

Mecha Mew is Mewtwo being controlled by Team Rocket via a mind control device (similar to Giovanni's). This will be a part of the obtaining Mew and Mewtwo quest. Finishing this quest will allow you to find and catch Mewtwo and Mew.

Three headed bird is the three legendary birds combined into one ultra powerful legendary bird. It is from the manga. This is of course part of the catching the three legendary birds quest. Finishing this quest will make the three birds either roam the lands, or wait for you in suitable locations to battle and catch.

Shadow Lugia and Light Ho-Oh. Both have been captured and taken over by evil forces, Team Rocket (Lugia) and Team Missile (Ho-Oh). Team Missile is a new evil team that recently showed up around Johto, and battle for world-domination against Team Rocket.You will require the aid of Celebi to restore the legendaries to their original selves. You will have to beat one for Celebi to restore them, where they will then appear in a certain place for you to battle and capture (like Whirl Islands for Lugia).

All of those will be explored in greater detail at a later date.

Thoughts on those?

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2017
    I don't know about the name "Team Missile", I chose it because it's similar to Team Rocket but I'm not sure...

Edit: Here are some un-decided Gym Leader Pokémon. These are based on what they were during HG/SS while factoring in the fact this is set 4 years later.

Spoiler:

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2017
    Team Destruction, I like that!

Unknown, it has three scripted towns (One has some empty buildings, one doesn't have anyone in the Pokémon Center apart from Joy). There is the introduction to the first main plot, and two side-quests (and a third tiny one). There is one gym leader, and a bunch of trainers on two routes.

If you want to play this so you have some fun hack to play, I recommend just waiting until a later beta, as it mostly just shows some of the new features atm and for people to actually find bugs. (You've all been a great help btw).

There's about an hours worth of gameplay, I think, if you do everything, more if you want to train to beat the gym leader.

Edit: A note on HMs. They won't be as necessary now, so there will be no need to lug around HM slaves. Trees only need to be cut once, rocks only need to be smashed once, and boulders only need to be moved once (with some exceptions).

Also, all bugs mentioned in this thread have now been fixed (apart from the sethealingplace in Pallet, which is now my number 1 priority before I go away on Monday)

And I can't remember if I included the "quick heal" Chanseys in the beta, but if not they are in there now.

EDIT: At last there is now a spawn point before you leave Pallet Town. No more crashing when you die. (I will upload that on Sunday)

Last edited:

thia12

Eternity Mapper
    Years
    • Seen Dec 30, 2010
    I like the gym idea! and i also really like the whole purpose of the game KIU :)

vietazn654

A sound soul dwells within me
    Years
    Congrats on winning Hack of the Week #121! Her's your award! =3
    Pokémon: Ultimate Quest

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2017
    I got hack of the week? I didn't realise I'd even been nominated =s Nice one!

Well I'm back from base, and I've been deferred for a year because of a hip flexor strain. Bit of a piss take really.

Anyway, I'm now back to work on this (Y)

Quilava's Master

Shattered Dreams '13
    Years
    • Seen Aug 14, 2023
    I'm curious about the level scaling. I would truly love to see how you work this. Good luck.

leachim_paloyz15

~ セールマイケル
    Years
    • Seen Sep 20, 2016
    NICE hack!!! I will follow this one up till the end!!! :D
    nice new features!!! Your a great scripter, for you to add those new features!!!
    hope you'll finish this hack!!! GOOD LUCK!

THanks!!! :D

qaz015393

pokemon revenge developer
    Years
    • Seen May 13, 2024
    that stinks 2 hear about your hip fracture Nikolai Fox & congrats on winning Hack of the Week #121!

Years
    • Seen Jan 6, 2017
    @Quilava's Master

Basically, I used the Fire Red hacked engine which includes a script that alters wild or trainer Pokémon levels dependant on Pokémon in your party. For the wild Pokémon the script is triggered continuously, so the script will run constantly until there are times where it is not called for (such as a legendary or one-off encounter).

Gym battles on the other hand only run during that specific trainer battle, and use a different code.

All the grunt work was done by JPAN, I just applied it in my hack (and it surprises me I haven't seen the same done in the past).

@tjwilliams

Haha nice thanks, it was nice to come back to.

@leachim_paloyz15

Thanks, I appreciate it :)

@aSeRo141414

Same again, these comments make me want to work on it more

@qaz015393

Yeah it really does. But I guess it gives me a year to be twice as prepared as I already was (Y)

For the record, I've not been working on this much lately. Obviously because of the army thing, and when I got back I got Heart Gold & Soul Silver, so I've been playing them a lot. It's distracted me tonnes but I've picked up some nice ideas to put into my hack too, so it's not all bad :p

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back