• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon: Ultimate Team!

Valo

Years
  • Hello, this is a new game idea I've had for a while, I ran something similar on a FIFA forum and I though it might work here. Basically, in FIFA there is a mode where you can buy 'packs' of players to build your team with money earned in matches.

In this, it would be similar. Through battles with one another, you gain points, and in turn points can buy you packs (think like the TCG; you buy packets of cards to build decks) of random Pokémon, explained later.

Okay, so I'm sure this may be unclear with some of you, so I'll go over in it more detail...

You start off with 500 points. The main purpose of points is for you to obtain new Pokemon for your team, the other is at the item shop (covered later). Evolving a Pokemon you have costs you points, whereas packs (covered later) for new Pokemon costs points, too.

How do you obtain points? It's simple. Battle! I determine the amount of points you get per match based on the result, Pokemon remaining alive, and other things. I will cover battles later, too...

Evolving

Evolving a basic into a stage one costs: 1000 points (ex. Charmander --> Charmeleon)
    Evolving a stage one into a stage two costs: 2000 points (ex. Charmeleon --> Charizard)
    Evolving a basic into it's fully evolved form costs: 1500 points (ex. Scyther --> Scizor)

So, when you have enough points, you have the option to evolve your Pokemon (if they can). The system is above, and I hope it is clear. But if you obtain a Magikarp in a pack, for instance, you cannot instantly evolve it into Gyarados if you have 1500 points. I will tell you when your Pokemon is ready to evolve. So it's best to use your weakest Pokemon in friendlies and CPU trainers if they need evolving.

The only other rule about evolving is that they cannot evolve in a battle, like in the games, only afterwards.

Packs

One of the focal points of this game. Packs are the main way to get new Pokémon. Everybody starts off with a starter pack, of 3 basic Pokemon. Of course that won't be enough to last you, you need to earn more points and buy new packs, which also consist of three Pokemon.

Of course, it would be unfair if the packs were 100% random. Why? Well, one player could gain a Tyranitar, Garchomp, and Salamence in their first pack. In order to prevent this, packs are tiered. By that I mean, with the more points you have, the higher ranked packs you can get, and that ultimately leads to better Pokemon.

So here is the system.

Basic Packs:

Cost: 1000 points
    Info: The most basic of all packs. If you buy this pack, you will gain an extra three Pokemon at the same level of the ones in your starter pack. However, I will roll a dice. If it's a six, one of the Pokemon in your pack will be from the next tier up. Other rolls count for nothing. Basic packs are good to buy at the beginning to get a healthy squad of Pokemon to choose from.
    Example: Burmy, Tyrouge, Ledyba.

Trainer Packs:

Cost: 1750 points
    Info: The next step up. This pack will gain you three Pokemon slightly better than the previous pack. The dice roll rule once again comes into effect; a six gets you a Pokemon from the tier above it. These packs are good when you start to get the hang of things.
    Example: Linoone, Dustox, Tangela.

Ace Packs:

Cost: 3000 points
    Info: You're nearly at the top. You know those arrogant ace trainers? Well, this pack will land you three Pokemon at a similar level they have. The dice roll rule is changed here; if you roll a one, one Pokemon is from the below tier. These packs are ideal for making your team that much better, and perfecting it.
    Example: Charizard, Weavile, Kingdra.

Event Packs:
    Cost: Event Item
    Info: Nope, these packs don't require real events, but the items can be earned for performed certain feats. These packs only contain one Pokemon...but it's worth it.

Trading

Need that certain Pokemon that somebody else has? Well you can trade. Trading can involve Pokemon and points. I don't need to say much here, do I?

Battles

Ahh, the main point of this whole process. What good is a perfect team if you can't fight with them? Battling gives you the opportunity to earn points, and gym badges.

There are several sub-sections, because it is a broad topic.

Battling: Gyms

Well, you're in a new region, and of course, it has gyms! There are eight gyms as usual, in order of strength. Each gym specializes in it's own type, and has two trainers to test you before you face the leader.

Gym 1:

Leader: Mark
    Type: Fire
    Team: Unknown

Gym 2:

Leader: Lucas
    Type: Dark

Gym 3:

Leader: Mike
    Type: Steel

Gym 4:

Leader: Liz
    Type: Electric

Gym 5:

Leader: Tom
    Type: Flying

Gym 6:

Leader: Mary
    Type: Grass

Gym 7:

Leader: Steve
    Type: Bug

Gym 8:

Leader: Bill
    Type: Fighting

If you wish to challenge a gym leader, just ask on the thread, you must fight them in order, no exceptions. Only challenge when you are sure your team is capable! They progress in difficulty.

Battling: Elite 4

Elite 1:

Name: Fred
    Type: Mixed
    Team: Random

Elite 2:

Name: Bob

Elite 3:

Name: Alex

Elite 4:

Name: Brandon

Battling: Friendlies

Want to toughen up before the gyms and get your Pokemon that experience it needs to evolve? Well, you are allowed to battle regular trainers, and other forum members participating. Just PM them if you want a battle, and PM me if you want a regular trainer battle, which are limited to one per day per person. After a battle with a random trainer (controlled by me), if you win you get the option to trade a Pokemon with him.

Battling: How Battles Work

Similar to in-game battles. Pokemon have a move-set of 4 (you will find out this information whenever you receive a Pokemon), and they all have PP. Pokemon are also given an amount of HP. Different attacks do different damage and can do more or less with stat enhancing/decreasing attacks.

So basically, a simpler version of the battles from the games. DON'T COMPLAIN IF LUCK DOESN'T GO YOUR WAY!

The TM Store

***NOTE*** You MUST have at least 4 gym badges to use the TM Store ***NOTE***

More info on this when somebody unlocks it.

The Safari Zone

***NOTE*** You can only use this feature after you have 6 gym badges or more ***NOTE***

See above.

Signing Up

The process of signing up is simple. Just tell me this:

Favourite Basic Pokemon:

What else? Nothing! That's it! That simple! If you fail to do that...you must fail to do anything :)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

.Silence

Burmy (Plant Cloak) - Protect (5), Hidden Power (7), Tackle (10), Bug Bite (5) - 100HP
    Shellder - Tackle (7), Withdraw (7), Icicle Spear (5), Supersonic (5) - 100HP
    Teddiursa - Scratch (7), Lick (10), Fury Swipes (5), Faint Attack (5) - 100HP
    Badges: None

Pekachoo

Horsea - Smokescreen (7), Leer (10), Water Gun (5), Focus Energy (5) - 100HP
    Gible - Sand-Attack (10), Sandstorm (7), Dragon Rage (5), Take-Down (5) - 100HP
    Pikachu - Thundershock (7), Quick Attack (5), Tail Whip (10), Thunder Wave (5) - 100HP
    Badges: None

Last edited:

Valo

Years
  • :o

I never expected any sign-ups after a very, very slow start. Thanks!

Hope we get more... I may put myself in to get higher numbers. I'll get your starter pack ;)

Valo

Years
  • I guess it's because there's not many games like this here compared to Serebii. If you want to see it's success PM me and I'll give you the link ;)

Valo

Years
  • Burmy (Plant Cloak) - Protect (5), Hidden Power (7), Tackle (10), Bug Bite (5) - 100HP
    Shellder - Tackle (7), Withdraw (7), Icicle Spear (5), Supersonic (5) - 100HP
    Teddiursa - Scratch (7), Lick (10), Fury Swipes (5), Faint Attack (5) - 100HP

Starter Pack for Silence.

Grr we need members.

Pekachoo

LOLCATS
    Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2009
    ill join i guess :D

my fav poke: pikachu (or pichu if it counts as a basic)

Valo

Years
  • Nah Pikachu's good. Pichu's baby, like Magby or Elekid (although they can't have Magmar and Electabuzz in Starter Packs xD'

Ok, I'll get your starter pack.

Very slow here?

Pekachoo

LOLCATS
    Years
    • Seen Sep 2, 2009
    here ya go
    bump

FILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLER

Valo

Years
  • Horsea - Smokescreen (7), Leer (10), Water Gun (5), Focus Energy (5) - 100HP
    Gible - Sand-Attack (10), Sandstorm (7), Dragon Rage (5), Take-Down (5) - 100HP
    Pikachu - Thundershock (7), Quick Attack (5), Tail Whip (10), Thunder Wave (5) - 100HP

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
    Years
    • Seen Apr 28, 2011
    Favourite Basic Pokemon: Heatran (lulz) Beldum?

Last edited:

Esp1222

Psychic Lover
    Years
    Favorite Pokemon: Scyther, Treeko, Miltank(this one fine)
    Nicknames:
    Scyther: Thera
    Treeko: Blade
    Miltank: Utters

Back