• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pokémon Underground

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2024
    I downloaded the game, but for some reason I can't start it. I click Game, and nothing appears.

Years
  • I downloaded the game, but for some reason I can't start it. I click Game, and nothing appears.

do this,100 percent will work, go to my pc ->system properties-> advanced system settings->setting in performance area->data execution prevention->circle the second option->click add and click the game.exe file and then press okay,it should work now

Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2024
    Thx for trying, but it still doesn't work. Had the same prob with Pokemon Royal

Years
  • Thx for trying, but it still doesn't work. Had the same prob with Pokemon Royal

one more thing if that didn't work is to copy all the files from that folder to a newer folder
    also did you click the second circle(turn on dep for all programs and services except those i select) and add the game.exe file and apply and restart your pc(i just said again if any mistake happened in previous step)
    this should work as even i faced the same problem you faced lots of times and this method has always worked

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen May 1, 2024
    So i noticed there's a few sealed doors around the region. How do i open them?

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 3, 2024
    one more thing if that didn't work is to copy all the files from that folder to a newer folder
    also did you click the second circle(turn on dep for all programs and services except those i select) and add the game.exe file and apply and restart your pc(i just said again if any mistake happened in previous step)
    this should work as even i faced the same problem you faced lots of times and this method has always worked

Your second suggestion worked. Thanks, now I can play this and Royal.

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2023
    Just finished the game - had a lot of fun and would definitely recommend this to anyone looking for something new! Will list the bugs I've found (hopefully won't be too hard to fix):

- When you fly to The Phenol you fly inside the building and get stuck - I imagine this is just an oversight with the coordinates.
    - In Trainer battles the Run option is replaced by "Call" which increases your accuracy and wakes you up if you're asleep (this makes forfeiting from Phenol battles impossible - but I can't lie it is very helpful at times) - I think this is a bug but it may not be?
    - In the Phenol (maybe in general) PP stalling doesn't work properly - as in they just skip their turns without using Struggle when they run out of PP. It can also softlock the game - I got this error when that happened:

https://prnt.sc/1tlfdjz

If it helps I've noticed this twice - first time was against the Double Team Musharna (no error - it just skipped turns) and second was against the Curse skarmory set (this caused the error above, costing me a 70 win streak. Pain)

- Not really a bug but the AI do make very strange decisions at times - seems like they choose moves randomly when that happens.
    - Flying types do not lose their Flying type when they use Roost as they're supposed to.
    - I got another error in the Phenol similar to the one above:

https://prnt.sc/1tlgq4p

This happened against a Hydreigon - but it's only ever happened once and I'm not sure why it happened. It did force a reset as well though unfortunately.

Can I also ask if there's a way to farm PP Ups - is it just through the Pickup ability?

Thanks for your feedback. I added PP Ups to the BP Health Shop at the tower. Also fixed the Phenol landing spot coordinates. Other than that, I don't think I know enough about coding to fix these other problems. I'll keep trying. Sorry about the crashes at the Tower, I know how frustrating it is to have to start over.

Years
    • Seen today
    Pokémon Underground

Overview:
    I've been making this game for fun in my spare time for several years. It was supposed
    to be just for my own enjoyment, but since it got so far into development, I thought
    others might be interested. Please be kind and constructive. I'm not a professional,
    have no artistic ability to make sprites, and developed this game entirely by myself.

Plot:
    You're a young trainer starting your Pokémon journey in the region of Furan, free to
    challenge the eight Gyms in any order you please. Meanwhile, unrest and uncertainty
    are on the rise. The Pokémon League's authority, unchallenged for many centuries, is
    starting to lose its legitimacy. Team Underground has been organizing secret, illegal
    tournaments to capitalize on young trainer dissatisfaction. Their team leader has also
    shown an unhealthy interest in a mysterious legendary Pokémon with untold power.

And, new genetically modified Pokémon (GMPs) threaten to destabilize the balance of
    Pokémon battling and trainer journeys. Polymer Corp. has been experimenting with GMPs
    in the hopes of cornering the emerging market. Amid rumors of Pokémon abuse, Polymer
    Corp. also hopes to court the League Elders and secure their future in the world of
    Pokémon. With these three forces vying for control, who will stand up to them and
    ensure the future belongs to all the trainers of Furan?

Unique Features:
    • Open world design. Go any direction, challenge Gyms in any order,
    and HMs do not require badges. Levels of wild and trainer Pokémon
    increase with each badge. Story progresses after Gym victories.
    • 68 new Pokémon added, mostly using other people's fakemons.
    • Over 50 new regional variants and type changes to existing Pokémon.
    • A new type, Plastic, which counters Fairy and Electric and is
    countered by Grass, along with other strengths and resistances.
    • Some typing changes, mainly to Bug and Steel. See in-game type chart
    at all Pokémon Centers for details.
    • New items that change a Pokémon's nature and increase its IVs.
    • First three Pokémon in PC Storage can have their field moves accessed
    at all times. Two new field moves added, Lava Surf for volcanoes and
    Sludge Wave for polluted water.
    • 11 Battle Clubs that feature the types that don't have a Gym.
    • 10 Card titles to win, which feature increasingly better Cards from the
    Triple Triad Card game.
    • All non-legandary, non-mythical Pokémon should be obtainable in this
    version.

Project made with:
    Pokémon Essentials v18.1
    RPG Maker XP

Progress Report:
    Main story is complete. Postgame includes Battle Tower and some legendaries,
    and challenging the world champion like you challenge Red at the end of GSC.
    Updates may eventually add all Mythical Pokémon to complete the Pokédex.

Known Issues:
    • Many fakemon missing proper back sprites.
    • A few maps are still bare and generic, but should be functional.
    • Gyms have no puzzles. May be a permanent feature.
    • Some mismatched character sprites from different generations.
    • PP stalling can cause crashes in the Battle Tower.
    • Opponent AI makes strange decisions sometimes.

Screenshots:
    Spoiler:

Credits
    Spoiler:

Changelog:
    Spoiler:

Download
    Latest Version:
    https://www.mediafire.com/file/dykag0b0sernafb/Pok%C3%A9mon_Underground.zip/file
    Old Version:

Game looks cool. Some people might want to see the pokedex of the game to plan A team a head of time.

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
  • Great game so far. Couple questions
    A. Where do we get the EXP share?
    B. I want a Litten. I saw it's in the Starter farm, but how do I get there? (I'm about to take on the first gym)
    C. Is there an amulet coin?

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2023
    Great game so far. Couple questions
    A. Where do we get the EXP share?
    B. I want a Litten. I saw it's in the Starter farm, but how do I get there? (I'm about to take on the first gym)
    C. Is there an amulet coin?

Thanks! EXP share is gifted to you by your friendly rival after the second gym.
    The starter farm is at the top of Adhesiville, which is in the top right of the Map. You need a bike, purchased in Styrene Town to the South, to get across cycling road on Route 16. (Alternatively, you can use Rock Climb on Route 18 to get there as well.)
    The amulet coin is in one of the residences of Ethylene City. A juggler there will gift it to you.

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
  • So I beat the first two gyms (I beat dragon and water), I got my Litten and Amulet coin too...problem is I never got the EXP share. Did I do something wrong? (I know you said second gym but I mean it's open world haha).

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen today
    It has to be a final stage. I got a magikarp -> gyarados just to use the HMs
    (Surf, Waterfall, Strenght)

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
  • Questions:
    Where can I get a lucky egg?
    I'm on the route 6 training against Audino to level up, any other good grind spots?
    I want to evolve my Magneton? Is a T-stone or is it something else? (Also is there an eviolite)

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2023
    Questions:
    Where can I get a lucky egg?
    I'm on the route 6 training against Audino to level up, any other good grind spots?
    I want to evolve my Magneton? Is a T-stone or is it something else? (Also is there an eviolite)

Lucky egg has to be stolen from wild Happiny/Chansey. They're in the Savannah Park, just above Ethylene City.
    I use rematch tokens to level up, when I find a trainer I like. Their Pokémon will level up with each badge, no matter when you first fought them. Other than that, Audino might be best.
    Magneton has to level up at the Factory in Urethane City to evolve.
    Eviolite was supposed to be a post-game item but I forgot it. I've added it to a BP shop at the Battle Garden in the latest version.

Akio123

Sadness forever...
    Years
  • Perfect!
    Where is the thief TM? I may just give it to Inceineroar for a while and just hunt Chanseys and Happinys

Years
    • Seen Nov 17, 2023
    Perfect!
    Where is the thief TM? I may just give it to Inceineroar for a while and just hunt Chanseys and Happinys

It's in Ethylene City, one of the apartment buildings. Also, Happiny/Chansey are more common in morning hours (5:00-10:00 am according to your computer time).

Back