• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Vernal Bloom [RPGM XP]

Should we use D/P BGM or OSTs from the Series?

• Use the D/P BGM and Plaatinum if there are any new ones.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Series OST. MP3 Sound vs. MIDI rules!

Votes: 1 100.0%
  • Take the D/P BGM but add some selfmades as well.

• Make your own BGM you lazy bastard!

• Total voters

Kentai

Game Designer (Multitasking)
Years
  • Pokémon Vernal Bloom | current poll: 'what BGM to use?'

I'm Sorry, but due to a lack of feedback I have to asume that there isn't high enough interest in this Project for the time being.
    I still have a online game pending and one in planning, so I'll postpone the developement to a later date.

sy,
    Kentai

Last edited:
    Years
  • Is this a hack, or a game?

Is this a hack or a game, Im cunfused :\ Well I'd be stupid to think otherwise
    (The name says It all), Well I really do like the sound of this, however this Is in the
    wrong topic.

Kaylee Krysteenah Fynch

is rarely here
    Years
  • Sounds pretty cool. *wants to be a Pokemon breeder*

Unfortunately, this isn't the place for this kind of game. There is another forurm where these games are supposed to go. It's not a hack, after all.

*wants to play this anyway*

EDIT: ;-; I was too slow... >.<

Kentai

Years
  • hi,
    amazingly fast reply.
    Well I guess that this is not really a hack, as I'm not editing an existing pkmn game.
    Still I'm using all the Pkmn elements in the game and also import sprits a.s.o from other pkmn games (especially R/S/E and D/P/P).

Still, if you think this is the wrong topic I'm terribly sorry^^
    in that case: can I move the thread?

sy,
    Kentai

PS:
    lawl we have a 6 hour timezone differential: it's 01:28 here ^^

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Sep 7, 2023
    Well, I see that the move was successful. Unfortunately, it's still in the wrong place. Since it's still in the planning stage, it should be in the Plot and Story Idea Space.

Anyway, it looks interesting; are you sure you can make the other paths as interesting as becoming a Pokémon trainer? Also, for contests, you're going to need to learn RGSS, as they don't come in the starter kit...
    Finally, you might want to replace the word 'hack' in your post with 'game', or you'll get loads of people telling you that it should be in the hacking forum.

Kentai

Years
  • hey thanks guys,
    your all so kind =)

I'll get right on it.

well let's see.
    Today I'm going to make my 15 posts and maby up some samples and graphical highlights so it won't look so boring :P

Also I had this great idea:
    I'm gona make real recordings of the Pokédex entries.
    The System will work as followed:
    -If you meet a new Pokémon, its Data will be automaticly added to the Pokédex
    -whenever you see a pokemon, you may call the Pokedex funktion to learn more.
    -if you do, the pokedex will blend in with the picture of the Pokemon and an audiofile will be called to describe the pokèmon.

I will take the D/P dex entries for the current pkmn and make new ones for the extrapkmn.

also I will blend in the funny 'pokédex music' that allways runs background in the series.

I'll up some samples as well.

I'm ready for feed back, and please tell me weather you like the voice, or maby if a girl should speak it xD
    (just a plain simple question with nothing behind it)

well see you, I'm ready for some breakfast...

sy, Kentai

ps: it's 10:43 am here.

Edit
    @Wichu:
    Well like I said: before getting started learning Ruby is on the sheduel. I used the RPGM XP quite a lot before and simply importing scripts and do the sqeeze part via Event scripting was OK for me. Still I know, that if I want to make this game real original and have it do EXACTLY what I want it to, I have to learn the programming language first.
    As I like programming very much, I don't see a big problem there, so it should be allright.

Edit2:
    Well, I want to create one or two Pokédex entry samples for the thread, but I'm having a rough time with the voice^^

Making the file is no problem at all, but making it sound cybernetic, like the original poédex voice (the one from season 10) just doesn't seem to work.

you got any ideas? I'd be glad if anyone here could help me with that.
    you can find the basic sample entry here:
    #155 Cyndaquil

Last edited:

Kentai

Years
  • first of all: sry for doublepost, but the previus one is getting way too long through all that editing.

Depending on the feedback I might delete this one later and add it to the first post anyway.

Well Wichu asked me, weather I can make the other parts interesting and I have given it some thought.

Trainer, Coordinator, Breeder. These are tree different ways to play the game, but of course almost everyone will try to do all three paths at the same time which makes the idea less appealing and less shining. So what to do?

I figuerd it out this way:
    It is possible for any Player to go all three paths, but that will be extremly hard for whatever path you choose will influence your Pokemon and the way you raise them in a groundshaking manner!

First of all I will introduce you to the differences between proffessional gym batteling and proffessional coordinating.
    This wasn't to hard to figure out:
    special training.

Like in the series I want to introduce the contest finals to the game. hence fights.

Those fights are gravely different to those fought in Gyms!
    Important is not making the enemy Pokémon faint, but to have the greatest appeal.

I want to realize this this way:
    You remember these nice point-circles from the series? If an attack is appealing the points of the enemy go down.

I want to use that system. Each attack has it's 'Appealing Power'. This power is enhanced by the number of special contest trainingsessions you have given to your Pokemon with that specific attack, by a random number to make it more electrifying and of course it is enhanced if the attacks cathegorie (cool, tough, cute a.s.o....) matches the contests theme (which you WON'T be able to choose =P ).

So now here is the whole point:
    If one of your PKMN learns an attack it is 'Gymdesigned' from the beginning. You can choose to retrain that attack ONCE and make it a 'Conteststyle attack'.

what is the difference?
    easy.
    Each attack as it's own Power, if it is a demage dealing attack, right?
    now if it is gymdesigned this power is it's normal value and its conteststyle power is half the normal value.
    if you train it to be a conteststyle attack it's power will be half it's normal value and it's conteststyle power will be equal it's value.

to complex? Here is an example:

Secret Power
    Power 70
    Accuracy 100
    PP 20

In this Game it would look like this:
    in gym mode:

Secret Power
    Fighting power 70
    Appeal power 35
    Accuracy 100
    PP 20

in contest mode:

Secret Power
    Fighting power 35
    Appeal power 70
    Accuracy 100
    PP 20

Thats for the attacks.

Also to make sure that it is not too easy to just catch each pokémon twice and make one this way and one that way:
    -Pokémon in wild grass will be in their level way beyond the average level of trainer
    pokémon around.
    -Gym battles will be extraordinarily tough and allways uses many Pokemon
    1. Gym: 3 Pokémon
    2. Gym: 4 Pokémon
    3. Gym: 4 Pokémon
    4. Gym: 5 Pokémon
    5. Gym: 5 Pokémon
    6. Gym: 6 Pokémon
    7. Gym: 6 Pokémon
    8. Gym: 10 Pokémon

just kidding the 8th gym will also have 6 Pokémon. ... gottcha! teehee

So much for Gyms and Contests.

The Contests will be in different locations each time with some time between each contest.
    but ne need to worry, I'm planing to add a lot of side content to the game.
    you will need 5 ribbons to compete at the grand festival. If you lose a contest you have to wait for the next one.
    To compete at the Maelon league you have to win at least 8 Gym badges.
    I think there will be 10 Gyms and you can choose between optional routes 2 times.

now to the path of breeding Pokemon:

Your goal is neither the Maelon league, nor the grand festival.
    You have 2 goals.
    first goal: you need to find a settlement to breed your own prized Pokemon.
    But first things first!
    You start as an errant breeder.
    you travel the Maelon reagion with maximum TWO Pokémon and a breeding starter kit.
    why two?
    it's easy:
    You need the remaining 4 slots to carry the Pokémon of other people with you.

other people? you might ask.
    Easy: while traveling People will entrust you with their Pokémon to raise them
    You can prepare special food and care for them to make them extra strong and beautiful for their trainers.
    Underway thei even might give birth to some fresh Pokémon eggs, if their compatible and you are a good breeder.

not enough room for eggs? No need to worry! In your starter kit there are three egg ceasings to carry Pokéeggs with you!

For each raised Pokemon (you'll have to raise them to a destict level or one of their attributes by a destinct amount within a given time.) you earn yourself an amount of creditpoints.
    If you have enough you can buy a small House with a big garden to raise lot's of Pokèmon within!
    Your own and those of other people!
    after you have settled you try to raise the perfekt Pokémon to show at the great Breeder convention!
    (remember, as other people bring their Pokémon to you, your pokémon might mate with them and that way you can obtain eggs of super rare Pokémon!)

each way will be quite hard and doing multiple will be a grave challange!

so what do you think?

sy,
    Kentai

PS:
    Well only Trainers will recieve a VS Seeker, only Breeders a breeding starter kit and only coordinators a fassion case.

PSS:
    today I'll maby draw some of the starter Pokèmon.

Back