• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Mars THT

Remapping the Pokemon Universe and developing THT
Years
  • Hello everyone, I'm Mars.

Currently assisting in a side project (Pokémon: Seasons), I am primarily working on my own fangame.

The Hoenn Tale is my theorized story/game where we view one of the possibilities of the fallout from AZ using the weapon. I have created a map of the Japanese regions in a layout that I think makes sense (based on their actual locations) which combines Sinnoh/Hisui(Black and White/Legends: Arceus), Kitikami (Scarlet and Violet DLC), Fiore (Pokémon Ranger), Almia (Pokémon Ranger: Shadows of Almia), Oblivia (Pokémon Ranger: Guardian Signs), Kanto (RBGY, FRLG, LGP/E), Sevii Islands (FRLG), Pokémon Island (Pokémon Snap), Johto (GSC, HGSS), and Hoenn (RSE/ORAS).
    In this project, I'm going to be focusing on the timeline in which AZ uses the weapon on Kitikami (based on its landmass, I think it is a good candidate for location). This places the project at, or about, 3000 years prior to the canonical games that we are used to. I've been using Pokemon Essentials for the game, Krita for the artwork/tiles, Mixcraft and Tuxguitar for the Audio, and Microsoft office for planning and plotting. Some unique attributes for the project are as follows:

1. I will be including Pokémon that are typically found as fossils as common, or at least uncommon but encounterable, in the regions.
    2. HM's will not be used. Travel will be by boat or by a feature in the Pokémon Centers that bring you from town to town in the early stages of the game. Later on, I plan to use a way to incorporate "fast travel".
    3. Five regions will be accessible, though not in full. The majority of Hoenn (sans Newbark and Evergrande) and parts of Oblivia, Johto, Kanto, and Sevii Islands.

My living document of plan can be seen on my OneDrive: https://1drv.ms/w/s!AgKne2Lj1kvYllGMLzkXDaaLCK5t
    A quick survey here: https://forms.gle/mBYKeBo9sf4oLJYa9

I am looking to see if there are any volunteers who might want to lend a hand to the project with any of the following:
    • Storyboarding: I have a pretty decent idea of where I want this project to go, but it always helps to bounce ideas with like-minded folk.
    • Artists/Spriters: So far I don't need too much. I only have three 'mons that are to be made (previous versions of the Legendary Beasts).. But I will be requiring multiple trainers to be made.
    • Scripters: I am very poor with RPMXP events and scripting, though I am tenacious.
    If anyone is interested, or would just like to follow along, feel free to reach out to me through here or my Discord made for the project: https://discord.gg/DDJtsUVzjP

Back