• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon Whirlpool Version

Mr. Jack

is eating TrailMix.
Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Nov 9, 2010
    Hey! I'm Mr. Jack and I'm brand new to Pokémon Community, but I've had this idea for a hack for a while. Let me give you the run-down...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Storyline:
    You wake up, in your home in the Ournzan Region, on the day that you are to receive your first Pokémon from Professor Hamilton. You had a dream the night before about an ancient Pokémon being woken from its sleep, ice, lightning, and fire swirling around it, but you pass it off as a side-effect of one of your father's stories. Your father is a well-known historian on legendary Pokémon, especially Lugia. You receive your starter Pokémon (Bulbasaur, Charmander, or Squirtle) from the Prof and embark on your journey. Soon after leaving home, your father is kidnapped by a foreign crime syndicate known as Team Vortex. They are after Lugia, the protector of Ournzan. You must follow ancient clues to protect Lugia from Team Vortex, rescue your father, and prevent the possible destruction of the Ournzan Region.

Basic Info.:
    Name: Pokémon Whirlpool Version
    Hack of: FireRed
    Language: English
    Author: Mr. Jack

Features:

• New PokéDex catalog (200 entries) with Pokémon from Kanto, Johto, and Hoenn!
    • New TM/HM List!
    • The Battle Tower!
    • Rival and a Friend who will battle you and aid you throughout your adventure.
    • Headbutt Trees return!
    • New Items!
    • Shinies!
    • An upgraded Dept. Store -- the Pokémon Mall!
    • An area somewhat like the Sinnoh Underground -- the Srith Tunnels!
    • Unconventional city and gym locations.
    • Eevee evolves into Espeon with a Sun Stone and into Umbreon with a Moon Stone.
    • Good grammar and spelling!

Maps:
    Spoiler:

Screenshots:
    Spoiler:

Team:
    Writer - Mr. Jack (me)
    Mapper - sinnohchapion
    Mapper - Mr. Hack
    Scripter - PlatniumPiano

Last edited:

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
    Years

• wellknown sindicate .

• catalogue Jhoto
    • Good grammar and spelling!

Sorry to nitpick, but what I have quoted doesn't add up. Good spelling and grammar and you have spelled somethings wrong xD

---

Onto the hack, the story is okay, but it is too cliché. GL.

Mr. Jack

is eating TrailMix.
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Nov 9, 2010
    There is more than one way to spell catalog/catalogue. Kind of like favorite/favourite, or color/colour. But because your being so picky...

I have the entire storyline written out, and it doesn't seem cliché to me, but that introduction that I have posted makes it seem so.

Mr. Jack

is eating TrailMix.
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Nov 9, 2010
    I could use some help with mapping and scripting. I really suck at the scripting thing, and my mapping skills are lacking, but I have a basic idea of what I want each map to look like and I know pretty much how I want events and stuff to work.

Vrai

can you feel my heart?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Oct 24, 2022
    Unlike most new hacks, the storyline sounds like something you can build off of. There's all sorts of directions you could go with this, which all helps you in the long run, in case you want to change anything. Good luck! ..and, uh.. I had something else to say, but I forgot. I'll come back when/if I remember it..

Edit: Oh, yeah! The list of features isn't too boring, either! It's not like a generalized list that most people use (which is a good thing).

PlatniumPiano

You are now breathing manually
    Years
  • Hey Mr. Jack I may be not that great at scripting, but I could probably do most events that you want me to do. If you're looking for a scripter, I am intresteda (though I may not be very good haha) at least until somebody better comes along. Sounds like a good hack.

Mr. Jack

is eating TrailMix.
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Nov 9, 2010
    Okay, we have something in common, we can't make events!
    I can map, though!
    Sweet! I'll give some concept maps that I made on MS Paint. Of course, they need to be actually mapped, if you know what I mean.

Unlike most new hacks, the storyline sounds like something you can build off of. There's all sorts of directions you could go with this, which all helps you in the long run, in case you want to change anything. Good luck! ..and, uh.. I had something else to say, but I forgot. I'll come back when/if I remember it..

Edit: Oh, yeah! The list of features isn't too boring, either! It's not like a generalized list that most people use (which is a good thing).
    Thank you. That's really good to hear. :D

Hey Mr. Jack I may be not that great at scripting, but I could probably do most events that you want me to do. If you're looking for a scripter, I am intresteda (though I may not be very good haha) at least until somebody better comes along. Sounds like a good hack.
    Alright, you can come on board!

Mr. Jack

is eating TrailMix.
    Years
    • Age 31
    • Seen Nov 9, 2010
    Haha! I lawled at your name, because it's so close. The more the merrier, right?

Grim Reminder

That guy who likes Poison Type
    Years
  • this hack sounds interesting, and the storyline sounds more involved than most of the other hacks i see. i look forward to playing this sometime :D
    p.s. i can beta-test for you when/if you need it

Back