• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] Pokémon: Wing of Zapdos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porygon-Z

Silph Agent
Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2010
    Hey guys! thanks for reading! I'm glad people are still following this, especially since I had finally got round to working through the finer plot points of things yet to come in the story, after my little...break from writing this.

Anyway here's another installment of WOZ hope you enjoy!

Chapter 10: Unrest

It was almost half past midnight, and Grey was beginning gain a better understanding of the phrase "bored to tears". The majority of the night had been devoted to a lengthy stroll down memory lane between Tawny and Babe Morgan, most of which Grey had tuned out whilst smiling and nodding to the tune of another story from the good old Hoenn days. However, being made the third wheel to Babe and Tawny's nostalgia trip wasn't even the worst part. The worst of it was the utterly oblivious, excessive volume. Grey knew Babe had a rather loud voice, but he had no idea Tawny was capable of matching him decibel for decibel! For the best part of their conversation, cutting stares from strangers had been directed across the Pokémon centre lobby in their direction and it seemed the only one to notice them at all was Grey. In fact after 10.30 the nurse on duty had delivered no less than three complaints about the excessive noise. And through all of this poor Grey hadn't managed to get more than a few words in edge ways. Thankfully Babe was tiring out and their competition for who had the most deafening laugh was winding to its long awaited conclusion.

"Well guys," said Babe with an audacious yawn, "I'm all tuckered out. Time to get me some shut eye. It's an early start tomorrow!"

"Oh Baby, it's been lovely catching up like this," chimed Tawny, "I can't believe it's been over a year since we last saw each other. We can't let it happen again! And next time we have to track down Yan too!"

"Definitely," replied Babe, "Well good night! If I you're not up before I leave; safe travels!" He ambled over to give Tawny am enormous bear hug. "Take care kiddo."

After releasing Tawny from his grip he turned on Grey and offered a spade like hand to him. "Good to meet you Grey. Next time you and me can rumble!" He said with a hearty laugh, which invited another icy look from the nurse at the desk.

"You too. Sure thing," said Grey through a weary half hearted grin as he met the proffered hand only to have his fingers juiced and his arm given a thorough stir by Babe's fervently friendly handshake.

As Babe shuffled off the dorms Grey (and the Nurse on call) let out an exhausted sigh of relief.

"Isn't he just a hoot?!" grinned Tawny, eyes gleaming.

"You two certainly had plenty to talk about," said Grey, as politely as he could muster.

"I think he really likes you too!" Tawny said cheerily.

"Yeah," said Grey, "It's a shame we're going to have to steal his book."

"Oh… that…" said Tawny sullenly, which gave Grey a slight twinge of satisfaction at cutting a sufficient hole in her joviality. "Well we're not really stealing; we just…borrow it and take some pictures. In, out, quick as can be."

"I don't think he'll notice to be honest," yawned Grey, "If he snores as loud as he talks we could march in there with a brass band and we'd still get away with it."

"Harsh, Grey," shot Tawny with a reprimanding look over the brim of her glasses.

"You're not denying it," sang Grey, beaming smugly.

"Whatever let's just wait an hour and then we'll take care of it."

"Sure," said Grey with a nod "We're going to need to get some close up shots of the pages we need and the flash won't do it so we'll have to bring the book in here to get the pictures. It might take a while depending on the size of the print"

"Right," gave Tawny with a nod, "So now we just wait."

"Yeah, what's one more hour." muttered Grey, as he sprawled back on the couch shutting his eyes.

"Huh?" said Tawny in a sheepish tone.

"Nothing," replied Grey abruptly.

There was a stiff silence as Tawny stared at Grey waiting for him to speak, but he just lay back, drifting off.

"Listen Grey-" began Tawny

"Whah?" groaned Grey lazily opening one eye.

"I'm sorry if we we're kind of…" She paused as she searched for words.

"Rude," finished Grey, coolly.

"Well…yeah, I guess, but we just got caught up in old times and, you know how it gets. So sorry if there wasn't much for you to talk about." she explained cautiously.

"Don't sweat it," said Grey nonchalantly, closing his eye again.

"It's just-" Tawny began again, more pleadingly.

"Honestly don't sweat it," Grey reassured her. "Oh but Tawn?"

"Yeah Grey?"

"Make sure to wake me up in an hour."

The door slid slowly open as a cautious Tawny poked her head through the gap to assess her surroundings as her eyes struggled to pierce the murky darkness. The room was like most other Pokémon centres dorms: a spacious, high ceilinged, rectangular room with eight beds spaced out against the walls, four on both sides, each accompanied by a very basic night table. Directly opposite the door stood a set of painted steel lockers that caught the dull moonlight cast in from a gap in the heavy curtains, reflecting an augmented stretch of light up the adjacent wall. One of these lockers contained Tawny's bag and the egg within in, though luckily Babe had not seen the need for such security and kept his rucksack by his bed at night. It was bad habit that Tawny and Grey were more than happy to exploit.

This Pokémon centre, like most others, had a number of dorms, and this one was completely unoccupied, with exception of a large lump of tangled limbs and bed sheets, snoring loudly through the shadows.

"I knew he was a snorer!" Whispered Grey triumphantly in Tawny's ear, "And a loud one too!"

"Well at least he picked an empty dorm," she mused quietly, "Poor Babe. He's probably really self conscious about it."

"Well anyway," urged Grey "now's our chance. I'll wait out here you get the book."

"Why me?!" Tawny whispered hoarsely.

"You're light on you're feet aren't you?" Grey said giving her a playful shove "Now go."

"Fine," she muttered under her breath as she began her slow creep across the dorm to Babe's bedside where she instantly found Babe's rucksack lying wide open with half of its contents spilling out across the coarse carpet.

Tawny was relieved to find the book fairly quickly, as it hung out of the front pocket of the rucksack. It was large so it was very easy to distinguish by touch, although the leather felt cold and clammy to the touch.

Having claimed her prize, she hastily sneaked back across the room to the door and Grey's anticipating camera.

"Got it!" she mouthed in excitement, handing the book to Grey.

"Great," said Grey, "let's get it into the lounge and we'll see what we've got."

As the pair made their way into the lounge Tawny noticed the Nurse had gone into the back room, probably for a sly nap, she assumed.

Grey sat down with his legs apart, and placed the book ceremoniously on the table.

"Legends of the Main-Lands," he read with air of reverence. "Let's see now…" he said as he examined the books pages, "the book's too thick to photograph the whole thing, although the print seems quite large. Best to just find the part that's relevant to us."

He flicked back to the front cover to look for a contents page and upon finding none, flipped to the rear for an index, with little reward.

"I guess it's a pretty old book," said Tawny.

"Mmm," Murmured Grey, "Let's see what the chapter titles look like." Grey flicked through the book stopping at each chapter occasionally and frowning as he read the titles.

"Legend of the North Wind,
    Legend of the Fallen Rain,
    Legend of the Roaming Death,
    Legend of the Shield, The Hammer and The Torch,
    Legend of the Rainbow Wings,
    Legend of the Forty Day Storm,
    Legend of the Forest Saint,"

"They all seem pretty vague," said Tawny lifting her baseball cap with one hand to scratch her head with the other.

"I'll have a skim through to see if I can catch the word Zapdos in any of them."

Grey began to flip through the pages once more, his eyes trained on the book trying to catch a glimpse of the letter Z. Tawny made sure to keep a careful eye out for unwanted attention, scanning the room and its entrances for movement whilst Grey poured his attention into the tome. After a few minutes of silent flicking he had made his break through.

"Got it," he said resolutely, as he turned the pages back to see which chapter he'd stopped in, "The Shield, the Hammer and the Torch" he read in puzzlement.

"What is it?" asked Tawny, looking gingerly over Grey's shoulder to see what he's found. "The Shield, the Hammer and the Torch" she repeated.

"This must be about fifty pages. That's about one hundred shots. This could take a while," said Grey pensively.

"We've got all night, we've just got to get on with it and not draw attention to ourselves," assured Tawny.

"Right," came Grey's response, as he turned the camera on and set about the task in hand.

As Grey diligently and carefully lined up each shot, half page by half page, Tawny kept a close guard to make sure they would not be seen, however it couldn't have been more than twenty pages in to the process when Tawny's attention was drawn to the dormitory corridor.

"Grey, what's that noise."

Grey looked up from his work with a look of urgency. "Footsteps?" he said.

Sure enough a steady and heavy fall of pounding feet making their way closer up the corridor toward the lobby could be heard.

"Hide the book!" Tawny hissed, as Grey swiftly stood up with the book frantically searching the room with his eyes for a suitable hiding place, but it was too late.

The door to the corridor abruptly slid open and from the shadowy hallway appeared Babe.

Tawny panicked. There was Babe and he was staring, stone faced, at Grey, who was holding the book in plain sight. She rushed over to his side to explain.

"Please Babe," she said pleadingly laying her hand gently on his bare arm. "It's not what you think. We only needed it for tonight; we were going to put it back. It's just its very important, please try to understand."

Babe said nothing and held his gaze at Grey, staring intently, his face unmoving.

"Please Babe," whimpered Tawny, "Say something!"

But Babe remained silent, not uttering a single word. For what seemed like an eternity not a single word was spoken as Tawny and Grey anticipated Babe's reaction. But as the seconds ticked away into minutes, none came. Babe remained glued to the spot, his face motionless and his eyes fixed, straight ahead, on Grey.

Tawny shook her head in dismay staring at Grey almost as intently as the eerily silent Babe.

"Tawny?" said Grey quietly, still clutching the book tightly, as a smile crept across his face.

Tawny just looked at Grey in panicked bemusement, not understanding his wry smile, emerging.

"Watch this," he said, and he began to sidestep to his left gradually out of the piercing eyes of the muscle bound invader and as Grey slowly shuffled an increasingly significant distance away, out of Babe's line of vision, he gave a broad grin.

"Look at his eyes Tawny."

Babe's eyes remained motionless staring at the spot where Grey had stood not moments ago. The penny had dropped and Tawny shyly brought her hand above his face and slowly waved it before his eyes. There was no reaction.

"He's sleep walking?" whispered an exasperated Tawny.

"That was so close," said Grey noiselessly.

"What do we do?" Tawny mouthed over to him.

"He must be a heavy sleeper, just guide him back to bed, and hope he doesn't wake up. If he does just tell him he was sleepwalking and stay with him," Grey instructed in his most cautious, quiet voice.

"Okay, but what about you?" she breathed in reply.

"It's fine. I'll carry on with this. You just keep an eye on him."

"Right," she whispered with a nod and carefully took the sleeping giant by the hand to slowly lead him back to bed.

"Be careful," Grey whispered over, which was met by another solemn nod from Tawny.

Luckily, Babe remained unstirred and was turned around, still sleeping, with relative ease. Grey quietly sat back down with the book and set his camera about its job once more as Tawny and her old friend silently disappeared down the darkness of the hallway and out of the danger zone.

As Grey composed his thoughts he couldn't help but let out a little laugh

"A snorer and a sleepwalker; Tawny's right he really is a hoot."

But as he laughed to himself in the quiet of the Lobby he reminded himself of why he was here, and he turned inward to keep his thoughts in check.

"I can't forget the danger of the situation. Anything that ties us to the Zapdos appearance is enough to make us a target for anyone looking for the egg. It's easy to forget, but we can't let ourselves get complacent." He let out a heavy sigh. "I wonder if Tawny's thinking the same... I wonder if she even forgot."

"Anyway, that was way too close," Grey said aloud softly, as he steadied the camera above another page to gather fresh lessons of the precious book of answers.

Chapter 11 is on Friday and will feature Maylon Hotaru! So if you like our little trips into the past make sure you're here for chapter 11 !!

Thanks for reading!

Big love!!

Last edited:

Porygon-Z

Silph Agent
    Years
    • Seen Aug 17, 2010
    Hello everyone! Chapter 11 comin' at ya!!

I've also gone back and editied the previous chapters for grammer corrections, but knowing that I will have missed a few, I invite people to let me know of any!

Anyway I hope you enjoy this Friday's chapter!!

Chapter 11: Malignance

Seafoam Isles, KantoSeas: The Year 1261

It took him a while, in the dense fog, but Hotaru eventually managed to find the robust brown carrying sack, that had been flung up the pebble beach when his Gyarados crashed onto the shore. It had landed much farther away than he had anticipated, and as he hurried toward it, it's large lumpy form, began to materialise in his vision, through the mist.

"I've got you," he said as he knelt down to check nothing inside had been damaged. He wasn't surprised to find everything in tact. He knew although the contents of the sack were of deadly importance, it would take considerably more than a fling along a rocky beach to break them.

"I can't be sure," Hotaru spoke, reaching into the sack, "but I think it's time for you." He took a deep breath as he pulled out a large disc shaped object. The surface of the disc was a raised dome of shining clear crystal with a rim of thick dull steel running around the edge. The whole thing, mounted on a much thinner circular steel plate, backed by a smooth wooden board upon which straps were fixed. It was a shield, crafted from erisium crystal, by the finest artisan Hotaru knew; his close friend Sentender, the smith of Azalea.

The Shield was quite heavy, but it felt heavier still to the Grand-High Sorcerer as he fastened it nervously to his left arm.

"Can't drag all this around with me," he thought to himself, looking to the heavy carrying sack at his feet, "better find somewhere to leave it." He hoisted the sack onto his back and began to trudge his way up the beach. "It's getting colder and colder," Hotaru said with a shiver.

And he was right, the further he progressed up the beach, the thicker the fog became. Puddles of water in the rock pools that dotted his path were frozen over. A thin layer of frost covered the shingle and Hotaru could feel the temperature sinking with every step he took closer inland. Eventually the fog became so dense that he couldn't tell his own breath on the freezing air, from the impassable wall of cold mist before him.

Keeping his eyes trained on the frosty ground beneath his feet Hotaru's heart began to beat faster.

"This must be it."

He stopped as the mist appeared to come to an end, leaving in its place a coarse and rugged rock face.

"Where now?" uttered Hotaru, aloud. "Hmm."

Hotaru began to make his way along the rock face, heading to his right, steadying himself against its jagged surface to ensure he did not slip on the icy rocks. He slowly and anxiously felt his way along for a short while, trying to steady his heavy breathing as he went, until eventually his hands met with an enormous opening in the stone.

"A cave," whispered Hotaru. "Yes, that would make sense."

The fog that played against the rock face seemed to dissipate and swirl into the cool dry air of the cave mouth, as Hotaru cautiously proceeded to enter.

As Hotaru pressed on into the darkness of the cave the pebbles beneath his feet gave way to hard rock, and unsure of his footing, he took the sack of his back, reached inside, and produced a candle and a tinderbox. He stood the candle end up on the stony ground, his eyes barely able to make out its form in the darkness, and proceeded to light it.

Instantaneously the walls of the cave were illuminated, forcing a flurry of Zubat that had been resting on the ceiling flying out into the fog, the deafening sound of their collective wings causing and already frightened Hotaru to cover his head in shock.

"Phew," Hotaru sighed after the last of the Zubat had alighted the cave.

The cave now lit, Hotaru was able to see the path ahead; a natural board corridor of stone than snaked around a corner and into the shadows. Hotaru pulled his clock tighter around his body to fight the chill and made his way deeper into the gloom.

As he rounded the corner out of the stony tunnel, Hotaru was left awestruck. He had entered an enormous cavern, the like of which, even in his wide travels, he had never seen. It became instantly clear that his candle was no longer necessary, as the entire cave was illuminated by thousands upon thousands of tiny luminescent crystals that lined the walls, like brilliant stars. The cave itself appeared to be flooded with sea water that reflected the soft blue glow of the crystals and shone it as a shimmering glow all around the vastness of the stony hollow. Amidst the wash of sea water stood a number of large rocky islands which themselves were adorned with large crystal formations that shone with the same pale blue glow. The entire scene was breathtaking. So much so that Hotaru momentarily forgot his reason for being here, and his fear of what he would find.

"Very well," he said as he extinguished the redundant candle placing it once more into the sack. "Now then, I best leave this here," he muttered to himself as he carefully placed the sack at the mouth of the corridor through which he had entered the cave's main chamber. "Now…depper," he breathed as began to make his way toward the waters edge.

A little way to his left Hotaru found a broad rock formation across the water, acting as a bridge to the islands in the middle of the cave. As he steadily stumbled his way along until he made his way to the rocky rise in the centre of the cave. From there he could see that similar rock bridges linked the island formations together, and peered through the glimmering light to find a path to the other side of the cave, where an sizable arch in the cave wall could be seen; more glowing crystals illuminating it from the other side.

"There," whispered Hotaru resolutely, clutching the grip of his shield ever tighter.

No sooner had he begun to make his way across the cavern's lagoon, Hotaru's breath was stolen for a second time.

It was a beautiful and terrifying sound that confirmed Hotaru's deduction. It was like the sound of a gentle breeze, but with the melody of a sad and cherished lullaby. It cried out with all the beauty of the crystals that surrounded the water, but its melancholy tones sounded like a death toll to Hotaru; It's sadness, both awe inspiring and petrifying. Although he had never heard such a sound in his life, Hotaru knew it well. It was a song, and it drew him closer.

"Here you are." Hotaru trembled in the cold, as he edged his way across the rock bridge, closer to the arch that lead to the next chamber, aglow with the crystals gentle light.

The enchanting and harrowing call, urged him forth as softly falling snow began to drift through the air. He was almost there. He cautiously approached the arch as the snow began to thicken, settling on his hair and clothes.

With a deep breath he stepped into the next chamber, his heart pounding. This chamber was almost as spacious as the last, but the hard stone floor covered the entirety of the area, leaving no reservoir of sea water like the previous room.

The snow was falling much heavier now and he was barely able to see beyond it as it danced to the icy stone floor at his feet. "Come on," he urged, his voice quivering.

He squinted through the veil of falling snow, steadying his trembling hands as he inched his way forward, step by step, the sound of the ethereal song ringing in his ears.

And suddenly there was silence.

Hotaru stopped dead in his tracks as a huge gust of icy wind blew back the falling snow, clearing the perishing air within the cave. Hotaru recovered from shielding his face against the frigid blast of air and with the curtain of snowfall parted, he could now see clearly what stood before him.

Perched high on a boulder on the other side of the chamber was a magnificent and glittering sight; a gigantic and beautiful bird of dazzling blue feathers, its eyes shining with cold fury, fixed intently upon the intruder in its lair.

Hotaru raised the crystal shield on his left arm once again, and with his right hand he reached under his cloak for one of the six crystals around his neck.

Another icy blast of air from the bird Pokémon's enormous translucent wings forced Hotaru to grit his teeth, but he stood his ground, staring the monster dead in the eye.

"Articuno," he spoke determinedly, "let us begin with you."

Canalave, Sinnoh : The Present Day

Babe had left that morning without saying goodbye. He didn't want to wake them up. Tawny and Grey had slept so soundly that night, which Babe knew they must have deserved. He could tell when he saw her that Tawny hadn't slept for a while. Her battling was rash and sloppy, which made it all the more humbling that she had pushed him to his limits when they faced each other. He was glad he had been able to spend last night reminiscing with her. It made today seem easier somehow.

The wood floor beneath him creaked as Babe pulled up a stool at the empty bar and leant back against the counter, propping himself up with his elbows. Reaching into his bag he took out the book and flung it from where he was sitting onto a near by table. The book landed with a thud, kicking up a thick cloud of dust into the musty air. Now all he had to do was wait.

The building must have been abandoned for quite a number of years, decades even. Babe even noticed a faded poster advertising the debut contest performance of Fantina, stuck to the cracking painted wall behind the bar. That must have been a whole other lifetime ago. The harbour in must have been a different place back then.

The windows were boarded up only allowing small shafts of sunlight through, lighting up the dusts that rode past on the tiniest currents of stuffy air. Most of the light in the room was filtered down from two skylights that were lined with dirt accumulated over the long years. Babe was grateful to the sunny weather, otherwise there would be hardly any light to see by in here.

The inn itself appeared to have been frozen in time, everything left exactly as it was when the customers were still calling. The shelf behind the bar, lined with dusty liquor bottles and murky glasses stacked high. The wooden chairs thick with cobwebs were all arranged neatly at the tables as if waiting for a fresh group of sailors to come in after a long voyage and whet their whistles. But no sailors were coming today. If only today's visitors would be so benign.

Babe had left his Pokémon with the nurse at the Pokémon centre and had made a speedy retreat before she had the change to return them to him. He hated to leave them without letting them all out of their pokéballs to say goodbye, but this was for the best. He wasn't looking for a fight today, and he wasn't prepared to lead his treasured companions into a losing battle.

"If only it hadn't been Tawny," Babe thought to himself, with a melancholy shake of his head.

At that the door of the inn burst open sending the dust on the floor flying in all directions. Babe squinted in the light of the open doorway and as the dust settled two silhouetted figures entered the room: a pale, thin woman with coils of black hair, and a slender teenage boy with dark hair covering half of his face. Both were dressed entirely in black, the boy with a short sleeved hooded top with the hood up to cover his head and the woman in a tank top and combats.
    "Uri, shut the door," Knight ordered.

Uri did as she said without a word, as she glared severely at Babe.

"Why am I looking at you right now?" she asked through her unmoving grimace. "You told me you'd had a challenge for the book I gave you, so why has my tracking device lead me back to you? Explain!"

"I couldn't do it," replied Babe serenely, standing up from his stool.

"I can see that," spat Knight her eyes flaring with anger, "and you better give me a damn good reason."

"I know what's going on here and I won't let you have your way. Not because of me." Babe met her gaze unfalteringly.

Knight let out a deep sigh and clenched her fists

"Go wait outside, Uri," she said coolly.

Uri gave a silent nod and made his way out into the sunshine closing the door firmly behind him, leaving the Knight and Babe, their eyes locked in a charged stare.

Her eyes narrowed and with a sudden blur of movement Kinght leapt over to the bar and grabbed Babe pinning him backwards, down onto the counter, placing one hand in a tight grip of his throat.

Babe was stunned by the incredible strength from this seemingly lean woman, but even so, he had no intention of fighting back. He knew the fate that awaited him when he came to this place.

"You think this is a game?!" she hissed furiously, but he didn't answer. "Your instructions were clear," she continued growling out her words close into his ear. "Show the book I gave you to every damned trainer your dumb carcass comes across until somebody tries to take it from you! You understood that didn't you? Didn't you?!"

"I understood just fine," rasped Babe, against Knight's attack. "I told you I couldn't do it."

"What next?!" She spoke through gritted teeth. "Tell me what you were meant to do next?!"

Babe was silent.

"Tell me!" she said squeezing harder on his neck.

"Let them take it," he coughed.

"Because…" she taunted tightening her grip.

"So you could… track their… location." Babe winced, his face turning bight red.
    "Bingo!" cried Knight as she flung the gigantic trainer to the ground, knocking into a nearby table, toppling it over and sending the surrounding chairs skittering across the floor. "So why do you still have it?!"

"I…couldn't…do it," articulated Babe defiantly.

"This is getting us nowhere." Knight squinted. "Here's your last chance. Since you found it too hard to loose a simple battle, I'll grant you one final chance at surviving this, if you can tell me where they were headed."

"No," said Babe flatly, picking him self up off the floor, and rubbing his neck.

Knight let out an obnoxious giggle. "You think you're so cavalier," she mocked "but you're not saving anyone. I already know who they are."

"Impossible!" shot Babe as panic swept across his face.

"Oh really?" Knight taunted wryly, "Tawny Brown. Davies Grey," she stated with a triumphant smirk.

"No…" whispered Babe.

"Not so clever know, big guy!" jeered Knight. "Looks like you were just trying to save your widduw fwend," she mocked. "But you just wasted your last chance to be of any use to me."

"How?!" he cried. "How could you know that?"

"Oh come on now, I thought I told you back on route 214 when I gave you the book," she said dryly "I'm good…very good." She shook her head with a smug smile. "Which is why you shouldn't have crossed me."

She glanced at the watch on her wrist and sighed. "Oh well," she said nonchalantly as she began make her to the door, passing Babe without as much as a glance.

"Wait," panted Babe as Knight opened the door to leave, "Aren't you going to kill me?"

Knight gave a small sly laugh and replied: "Oh, sweetheart. You wish." And with a flick of her long curly hair, she pulled the door shut behind her.

Babe was shaking. He didn't know what to do. He tried his best to beat Tawny to keep her from taking the book, but now that Knight knew it was her, it was all for nothing. At least she didn't know where they were headed, otherwise why would she have needed to place a tracking device on them in the first place.

"I've got to let them know," choked Babe, fumbling in his pockets for his phone, but soon realising he had left it at the Pokémon centre along with his Pokémon.
    "I survived," he said to himself, trying to calm his nerves, "but I have to let them know."

He rushed toward the door. He had to head back to the Pokémon centre He was desperate, desperate to do something, anything to help them, but when he tried the handle the door wouldn't budge.

"What?" he uttered in shock, trying the door again more furiously. But try as babe might the door wasn't moving an inch. "Locked?!" gasped Babe, taking a step back.

He began to ram the door with his shoulder, sweating with panic, but the heavy door remained closed.

Then out of the corner of his eye a shadow began to move. He turned to face it as it rose slowly up through the floor boards and began to hover before him, grinning a malicious grin.

"No…" breathed Babe in fright, backing up against the door, but it was too late.

The Gengar flashed its menacing red eyes at Babe and the trainer fell to the ground, out cold.

The Ghost Pokémon, its hypnosis a success, floated down next to Babe's collapsed body and stretched its shadowy arms toward his head. The Gengar's grin broadened as it thrust its hand inside, pulling out fistfuls of swirling purple mist, mouthful by mouthful.

And the Gengar kept eating; feasting upon Babe's mind as he lay unconscious on the floor of the derelict inn. Greedily it continued, devouring dream after dream, thought after thought, until inevitably, there was nothing left.

Having finished its meal, the Gengar patted its ghostly belly in hearty satisfaction. Its task complete, it gave a noiseless yawn and drifted silently through the wood of the door to rejoin its master, waiting on the other side, leaving Babe's body motionless in the dust.

EDIT: I've also just taken all the two parter chapters and put their two halves back together, so chapters 2,3 and 4 are now all in one post, where as before they were seperate.

Also, if anyone could let me know how to make an index on the first post with links and whatnot, that would be very cool!

Thanks for reading!!

Last edited:

Skull Guardian

I am now FrostPheonix.
    Years
  • Hey

Hi, sorry I didn't comment, I didnt come on for a long time. Anyways, I really liked all that happened, even though it was kinda confusing when the scene switched to Babe in the bar. But, still, I really liked all that happened till now.

Also, about the index, right click on the post number of the post, click copy link location, and then paste at the index place. Here is one of the chapters:
    Chapter 11: Malignance
    But, that only shows that post.... Dunno what else. Hope this helps!

Hope to see more soon! ( I guess next fri?)

Years
    • Age 37
    • Seen today
    Niceeee spam and mini-modding, dude. *fist-bump* Next time just report the thread for being bumped instead of posting what you did, lol.

Thread closed for being bumped. Porygon-Z, let me know if you want this reopened when you return.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back