• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: PoKéMoN Yellow Lightning (W.I.P.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

blase005

PKMN Yellow Lightning Creator
Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2013
    I agree with Sarcastic Prince.(as much as i dont want to.)
    But the sprite is good.
    But if you want that website i posted has custom/edited ones also.

Yeah I know what Spriters-Resource is. I use that website sometimes.

If I need custom/edited sprites then I look up and see if I can find the sprites I need. At the moment I'm waiting for a guy that helps me with maps to apply his Viridian City map into my game and then I will finish Ash and Gary's overworld Sprites and give Gary a new back sprite and give Ash his Series bag and give Gary his bag. So at the moment I will wait and then finish those sprites. Then I will finish Route 1 and make Route 2 and Viridian Forest. First Beta will be released when you can enter Vermilion City but there are guards around all paths saying that the Path is closed.

So this Project is not dead but I will not use DPPT HGSS & BW sprites since they don't fit the GBA feeling at all.
    =Sarcastic Prince;6681853]Are you kidding me? That's the easiest tool to use in the whole Toolbox!
    By the way, I don't see how that Pikachu sprite is terrible.
    I think it's fine. Stick with the Pikachu sprite. Don't change it. It's very original and well made.

It may be the easiest but I can't add any new attacks on a Pokémon besides 1. Then It is adding the Sprites for the Pokémon and I can't do that either since the Pokémon Sprites editor I got doesn't support Emerald. I need to find another one that does.

Sarcastic Prince

Starting anew...
    Years
  • It may be the easiest but I can't add any new attacks on a Pokémon besides 1. Then It is adding the Sprites for the Pokémon and I can't do that either since the Pokémon Sprites editor I got doesn't support Emerald. I need to find another one that does.

And why do you even bother adding new attacks?

blase005

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2013
    And why do you even bother adding new attacks?

Since I wanted to add Legendary Pokémon from 4th and 5th gen for future events. But they can't just have 1 attack each. There is even going to be some you get with eggs but they aren't legendary but they are from 4th and 5th gen. That is why I want to add new attacks.

infersaime

Come and get me
    Years
    • Age 26
    • Seen May 16, 2024
    Wow always wanted to play pokemon yellow but this looks much better.

blase005

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2013
    Hey everyone I just wanted to say that I have decided to start over from scratch and edit Pokémon Ruby instead. The reason for it is because it's easier and every sprites aren't hidden all over the place. So from now on this will be a Ruby hack. All the screenshots you see however are still going to be here because the maps and sprites won't be changed at all. But as I said I'm changing this to a Ruby hack.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    I still think it would be easier doing emerald.
    It has all of the FR/LG songs so you have to not worry about song inserting for that.
    A whole load of FR/LG sprites for gym leaders and stuff.

blase005

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2013
    I still think it would be easier doing emerald.
    It has all of the FR/LG songs so you have to not worry about song inserting for that.
    A whole load of FR/LG sprites for gym leaders and stuff.

I can't add new Pokémon to the game and I can't edit some of the palletes. I will stick to Ruby since I can do both those things there.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    Surely, If it's a yellow remake you wouldn't need new pokémon.
    From looking at your features list. You've planned so much I'm not sure any ROM has enough space for.

Years
    • Seen Aug 6, 2011
    I think you should change the tiles, But if you don't know how to do, PM me.
    I can Insert Heart gold/ sous silver/Diamond Tiles.

blase005

Years
    • Seen Jul 13, 2013
    Putting the project aside for a bit.

Well I haven't worked on the project for a long time but now I need to put it aside for a bit cause I have other stuff to make now. I'm also quite sorry to say that I might close the project to work on another hack with 100 made up Pokémon instead. We'll see how it goes cause I will make that other Project but idk about YL at the moment. Maybe it would have been smarter just to edit FRLG.

Years
  • Well, I always thought a Yellow remake should've happened after DP, but I'm sure this will be as good or maybe even better than a Nintendo storyline for it.

Years
  • YEah i always pressed for a rerelease of yellow but im glad people still see light in the old games as i beleive they are better than the new ones. but dont give up until your finished or else you wouldve just wasted your time

Rayziken 2

Beginning ROM Hacker
    Years
    • Seen Sep 9, 2016
    PM me if you've read this. I will help you revamp all of the Pokemon R/B/Y sprites (Whatever one I like more for that Pokemon). I'll do this because it will semi-give back the feeling of sprites that aren't as good as the newer ones.

Lord Varion

Guess who's back?
    Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen Jan 6, 2015
    The tiles look great. Hope you go ahead with this. Everyone usually abandons remakes in the middle.

PM me if you've read this. I will help you revamp all of the Pokemon R/B/Y sprites (Whatever one I like more for that Pokemon). I'll do this because it will semi-give back the feeling of sprites that aren't as good as the newer ones.

You two, Blase005 posted a couple posts above saying his put this aside for a bit. |:

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
    Years
  • Fullbring64, please don't bump threads that are over a month old.

blase05, if you want your thread to be reopened then just message either myself or giradialkia.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
    Back