• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that users with less than 6 posts will have their threads/posts go to the approval queue if it has links or messages. This counts edits made to threads/posts after they were already approved and is intentional anti-spam behavior that is unfortunately necessary. Once you reach 6 posts, this will no longer occur.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon Yttrium 89 (STABLE) - Developer's Demo 1 Released

Should JOHTO be added to the Hack, or HOENN?

• Total voters

-Sasuke-

ダッジアベンジャ
    Years
    welcome back, been waiting to see what all you came up with. Nice screenies man.

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Feb 4, 2007
    yes yes. i like your screenshots too. you are very good. i like your ideas too. keep it up please. you rule.

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
    Years
    Hey!, I welcome you as well. This game has an interesting story (a bit politician, to my liking...). But, the screenshots you provide are really good!

I hope you don't get more problems when hacking. Also, I wish you the best trying to get to the Uni! (I feel like a found a partner in you :))

Good luck!

~Jack~

Back In Business
    Years
    • Seen Dec 23, 2007
    Hey, i'm glad to see your back on working on this hack. Good Luck! :)

IIIMQIII

Split personality
    Years
    Is there anyone who understands GSC scripts here? Please PM me, I'm kind of having trouble with the boat trip script. Thanks. And, does anyone here know how to successfully add new tilesets to a ROM and put GSC tiles into an advancu ROM? PM me please

Guzv4

Stronger than ever!
    Years
    Hey IIIMQIII will there be any custom trainers,Gym leaders or Elite four members in this hack? If yes, I could give you my sprite.....

IIIMQIII

Split personality
    Years
    Is there anyone here who knows how to transplant GSC tiles into an Advance ROM? Everytime I try to do it, the other tiles mess up, and no, I'm nor using Palette 0 on AM. PM me if you could help?

IIIMQIII

Split personality
    Years
    Aww man, don't use GSC tiles in an advance game.

Um, ray.z...

Who said that it's for this version? I am making a sequel, you know. And, in any event, ESTER needs to look diffirent to HEXVI in terms of tilesets (remember what they did with JOHTO and KANTO in GSC?). Unless you or someone ou there can tell me how to -add- tilesets into an ROM without modifying the existing ones, ESTER's maybe gonna have to use the GSC tiles, since it is a poor-ish country and very small.

More shots later in the week!

Years
    • Seen Dec 8, 2023
    So your doing a sequel for the hack in GSC? Cause I sure don't hope that you wanna insert them old tiles into an advance game.

However, if you want custom GSC tiles which are in FRLG, then these ones by Fangking Omega, Mateo and Kyledove are probably what you're looking for.

IIIMQIII

Split personality
    Years
    So your doing a sequel for the hack in GSC? Cause I sure don't hope that you wanna insert them old tiles into an advance game.

However, if you want custom GSC tiles which are in FRLG, then these ones by Fangking Omega, Mateo and Kyledove are probably what you're looking for.
    Thanks a lot, ray.z.

Nope, the sequel will probably not be in GSC, but maybe in Emerald, maybe and also be called Pokémon Yttrium, but there still needs to be something added to the name. ;)

No-one out there know how to script in GSC or how those scripts work?

-Sasuke-

ダッジアベンジャ
    Years
    Great a sequel. I'll be waiting for that to come out. I wish i knew how to sript in GSC to help you out. Anyway keep up it.

IIIMQIII

Split personality
    Years
    Here are some more images.... There's just a test with the GSC tiles. Anyone tell me if the like it?

Pokémon Yttrium 89 (STABLE) - Developer's Demo 1 Released

Sharanza

Returning: Platinum Silver
    Years
    • Seen Mar 10, 2007
    it looks great but in second screen some tiles are messed up
    but other are great
    oh and have the water animation

omg sry for my bad english

IIIMQIII

Split personality
    Years
    Sharanza said:
    it looks great but in second screen some tiles are messed up
    but other are great
    oh and have the water animation

omg sry for my bad english
    Oh, that?

Apparently it is supoposed to be like that... But I dunno. I'm still fine-combing the Crystal ROM to see if I'm doing the tiles correct.

And with the water animation.... -_-

-not good-

I get only the water near the rocks to move, but not the water in the main body. Would you be able to help me with that? Please PM me or add me to messenger.

Any more comments are welcome from you people ^^

EDIT

Here are some more screens... Some are old, some are new, but I'm re-addding them because the rest were once wiped away when PC's board had problems....

Last edited:

waregreymon

Pokemon Master
    Years
    All the screenshots are great. Really impressive. I wish i could hack like that. The screenshots with the GSC tiles are pretty good too. Are you planning to make a pokemon GBA hack with GSC tiles.

Back