• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

PokéTheories: Giratina is a creature of the Devil?

Years
  • Giratina is called the Renegade Pokemon in the Pokedex. Renegade is synonymous with "rebellious". Giratina was banished to a different dimension for being violent.
    Satan is often known as the Rebellious One. He was banished by God to Hell for leading a rebellion against God and the angels.

Giratina in Origin Form resembles a serpent and in Altered form a basilisk. Satan takes the form of a serpent and a basilisk many times in the Bible.

When in Origin Form, Giratina has 6 wings, 6 rib bones, and 6 spikes.
    When in Altered Form, Giratina has 6 rib bones, 6 spikes, and 6 legs.
    The number of the Devil is 666.

Was the designer of Giratina trying promote Satanism?
    Its more than likely NOT a coincidence.

Nah

Years
    • Age 31
    • she/her, they/them
    • Seen yesterday
    Was the designer of Giratina trying promote Satanism?
    Its more than likely NOT a coincidence.

Lol, no.

It's more likely that Giratina was just meant to be the Devil of the Pokemon world. Arceus is the God of the Pokemon world after all. Pokemon is not promoting anything....other than Pokemon.

But I like to think that Giratina is just a misunderstood creature who has to guard the Distortion World all by its lonesome. The Distortion World is the reverse of the Pokemon world (which is why its sometimes referred to as the Reverse World), and a lot of philosophies and/or ideologies emphasize balance. Arceus made the Distortion/Reverse World to balance out the Pokemon World, because without something to balance it out, the world would eventually be destroyed (probably). And you gotta have something to guard this balancing factor, right? And that's what Giratina is: the guardian of the Distortion World, and by extension, the Pokemon world.

But **** if I know.

Btw, I like these little Pokemon theory threads of yours. More people should join in.

Thergox

Average Hatter
    Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2014
    Giratina is freaking awesome. Just thought I would get that out of my system :P

That said, yes, there do seem to be plenty of resemblances between Giratina and Satin, but as Zekrom said Giratina is rather misunderstood. If you recall in Platinum, Giratina was forced out of the Distortion world and went nuts because Cyrus (I'm not confusing his name, right?) was threatening it. Sure, Giratina was banished into another dimension for violence, but, of the Creation Trio, Giratina represents anti-matter. Anti-matter can't exactly cope well with matter, so it was probably a good thing Arceus shunted that guy into a different dimension (Though Giratina is capable of passing through the two places without harm unto himself. I guess there really is no need to pass to the other side, often, or a good human trainer was anchor enough to keep it in the other world. I wouldn't know -- never saw the movie).

Back