• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pok?dex nest indicators are inaccurate sometimes

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2023
    Pokédex nest indicators are inaccurate sometimes

Hello,

The nest indicators in my Pokedex are sometimes incorrect and I have no idea how to fix this. I just made my own townmap and edited it; the name of the locations and routes are just fine but the nests indicators are a bit messed up somehow.

The only topic I found about nests indicators was this tutorial by FL, but it seems a bit outdated and I can't manage to make it work in 15.1.

Any help would be appreciated!

Years
    • Seen Jul 19, 2023
    I "solved" it while writing, but I'll post it anyway:

The correct locations are effectively displayed on the map. However, some additional locations show up on incorrect places.

Here are the locations for Caterpie in my game; the blue zones are the correct ones; the red one isn't.

By "incorrect", I mean that the zone in red is not even defined anywhere in my townmap.txt file.

I thought I might have made a mistake using the html townmap generator (ie encoding wrong coordinates), but the zone is indeed not defined:

This happens for other Pokemon (here, Rattata):

Again, for Geodude:

In this last case:
    - The minimap displays locations that are defined in townmap.txt; however, no encounter with Geodude is set up for those locations in encounters.txt (EDIT: this is in fact not true since Geodude is frequently taken as an example in default maps, I only checked the locations I defined myself)
    - Furthermore, there is one missing location (in purple), for which Geodude is defined in encouters.txt. This location is called "Mine" and should be displayed:

After doing this post, I come up with the conclusion that it can't originate from mistakes I would have made in encouters.txt or townmap.txt (there are too many of them).

What seems plausible to me is that there is a kind of overlay between the original region coming with Essentials and the region I created.

And indeed this was the problem. By deleting the original info in "encounters.txt", it solved my issue. I almost forgot it was there... There should be another option though if the game entails several region map (which is not my case).

Last edited:
    Years
    • Seen Dec 21, 2019
    There should be quotation marks around "Mine" if I'm not mistaken. So it should be
    Spoiler:

Back