• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Released] Pok?mon Academy Life (Visual Novel) - DEMO v1.0.3a LIVE

How should characters be associated with Pokémon types?

• With their signature Pokémon (if any)

Votes: 4 30.8%
  • Based on their personalities

Votes: 9 69.2%

• Total voters

VisualJae

[size=1][FONT=Michroma][color=#a42525][b]Spam Hype
Years
So after a hefty amount of time, all the student characters have been divided up evenly across all 18 Pokemon types. Most still follow their signature type, but their personalities are also factored in.

Spoiler:

VisualJae

Years
Here's the completed Lyra. We intend for her and Kris to be siblings so we changed her eye color to match. Also including a speed video of the artwork in progress.
dgpwNpC.png

vampiricrogue

skydemonairpirates
Years
And here is Part 1 and Part 2 of todays artwork.

Part 1: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrjqPCNP6uM

Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fY0wiG7gHbA

Im just glad what little i can do is helping out ^.^

Also here are the other streams since a couple people asked where they were:

12/17/2015: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4A7aAQ4c70
12/18/2015: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9_Tv29BbWc
12/21/2015: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4-G3rMILJ8

And here is the next event (time and date not assured): https://plus.google.com/u/0/b/111078601521235440437/events/cuudvc004uu7c45kvl8ffrsojsg

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Dec 28, 2015
Hello VisualJae! I am just writing to let you know I really enjoyed playing the demo of this game and I am looking forward to whatever content you have planned! I do have a few questions about the game?

1. Will it be possible to befriend everyone in the game and resolve all their problems in one playthrough, or will multiple playthroughs be required to do that?
2. Will it be possible to form a harem in a playthrough?
3. For the extracirricular activities, do you plan on putting minigames into the game?

Feel free tp answer all of these, or none of these!

Take care!

Last edited:

VisualJae

Years
1. We haven't decided that just yet. Probably not going to cram everything into one playthrough as that usually forces the player to play in a specific (or unnatural) way. We don't plan on giving every single character an arc. That's just insane.

2. Most likely not. The concept seems disrespectful toward females so we take it another way, you end up as platonic friends with several characters. I'd say 9/10 times in real life you try to pull something like that off, you'll be labeled an a-hole. So in the game, we'll have characters view you the same way ;) We certainly plan on giving the player the freedom to try, though.

3. Minigames are a toss-up. That's completely up to programming and whether or not including something is worth the effort and time.

Years
1. We haven't decided that just yet. Probably not going to cram everything into one playthrough as that usually forces the player to play in a specific (or unnatural) way. We don't plan on giving every single character an arc. That's just insane.

2. Most likely not. The concept seems disrespectful toward females so we take it another way, you end up as platonic friends with several characters. I'd say 9/10 times in real life you try to pull something like that off, you'll be labeled an a-hole. So in the game, we'll have characters view you the same way ;) We certainly plan on giving the player the freedom to try, though.

3. Minigames are a toss-up. That's completely up to programming and whether or not including something is worth the effort and time.

Ahahaha A-Hole XD

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 13, 2017
Played Through It And Fell In Love Instantly! I Do Hope The Coming Updates Will Be Even More Fun!
^-^

Years
I've finished it with all the characters and fell in love with every single one (at least all the ones I met) so keep up the amazing work.

I'm looking forward to every second of the full game.

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Dec 28, 2015

Thanks for answering! All I have this time is a suggestion

On Sabrina, because she is psychic, would it be possible for you to implement a mechanic where she remembers your actions from past playthroughs or notices you loading up save files when you make a decision you regret to resolve it, and then make comments on it? I think that would be cool! (Yeah, I got this idea after playing Undertale)

Hope you and everyone else here had a lovely Christmas!

vampiricrogue

skydemonairpirates
Years
Years
  • Seen Jan 28, 2017
Thanks for answering! All I have this time is a suggestion

On Sabrina, because she is psychic, would it be possible for you to implement a mechanic where she remembers your actions from past playthroughs or notices you loading up save files when you make a decision you regret to resolve it, and then make comments on it? I think that would be cool! (Yeah, I got this idea after playing Undertale)

Hope you and everyone else here had a lovely Christmas!

That would actually be kinda cool.

Years
Makes sense that a pretty awesome game will take a very long time to complete.
I would definately help with art and programming if I could, but I'm not skilled in either of those.

Years
  • Age 22
  • Seen Dec 29, 2015
Are you planning to make patch or we'll have to download new version each time it's released?

VisualJae

Years
Are you planning to make patch or we'll have to download new version each time it's released?

You'll have to download a new one each time because of how the game is scripted and archived. There's an auto-save feature that can let you carry over previous save files, though.

Basically you'll unzip the new download, play that version, and you'll see saves from the previous game. You can play those, overwrite them and delete the old version whenever.

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Dec 30, 2015
Hi, just wanted to say what an awesome job you and the others are doing with creating this game!

I have one question though, will the main character be able to romantically pursue female characters who have an implied relationship with others (an example being May)?

Once again, thanks so much for doing this project. I'll be sure to keep track of this one :P

vampiricrogue

skydemonairpirates
Years
Hi, just wanted to say what an awesome job you and the others are doing with creating this game!

I have one question though, will the main character be able to romantically pursue female characters who have an implied relationship with others (an example being May)?

Once again, thanks so much for doing this project. I'll be sure to keep track of this one :P

This was asked before a few times, and the answer was no.

Last edited:
Back