• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pok?mon NightBlue - A R/B/Y remake based on Emerald

Crimnor

» imperishable
Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2020
    Pokémon NightBlue - A R/B/Y remake based on Emerald

Hey there.

It's been a long time (probably 6 years) since I did something regarding Pokémon and I felt like it is about time to atleast finish one of the ideas I had back in the days. Long story short, I plan on making a remake of Red, Blue and Yellow (sort of) using Emerald as base. I am aware that remakes in general are boring and usually don't get much attention around these forums because there is plenty of those floating around already. However, my plan is to create a version that uses altered maps (to reflect my own style, I am not a fan of the linear design we usually have) and utilizes some of the features Emerald has to offer. A great example for this would be the RTC. I also would stick to the original series when it comes down to available Pokémon which would be limiting the game to the initial 151 ones we had back in the day. That means NightBlue would have altered evolution methods, proper events and story elements for the legendaries (i.e Mewto could use some side quests instead of just sitting somewhere in a cave, same goes for Mew) and some other things.

Thoughts or suggestions?

Crimnor

» imperishable
    Years
    • Seen Oct 31, 2020
    Looks like no one is interested in something like this. Oh well, the era of remakes was already over years ago. Time to move on I guess. :)

Years
  • Lack of interest is no reason to give up! While I do agree that remakes have been done, there are quite a few that are fantastic - and I'll bet that none of them had a ton of support going in. Maybe try mapping some of the areas you're looking to change, and post pictures to see if you can get some more feedback.

I'd say give it a try, even if just to dip your toes back into the waters of romhacking - you may even stumble across an idea you like even more.

Good luck!

Back