• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pok?mon Sun and Rain versions

How do you think the game's processing?

• Could've been better

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Bad

• Very Bad

• Total voters
    Years
    • Seen Jun 5, 2005
    what's the difference between the sun and rain versions then, because you wont be able to trade pokemon between the two versions

Pine

~Yummers~
    Years
    I don't mean to sound paranoid...but...

Darkmage, are you sure it's not just a coincidence?
    I mean, Mena with pokemon white...
    Now Sharpedo (no offence) has an area name (Aureos) that seems very close to Auroris, the area in my versions...

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
    Once a mistake
    Twice a coincidence
    Three times.... a conspiracy!!!

Remember, we're a community and we build off eachothers ideas and concepts. It's not that big a deal... it's not like we're trademarking these names and logos.

Pine

~Yummers~
    Years
    Yes, I know, but (I've taken it off now but still...) I specifically said in my siggy..."Check for news on Pokemon Light White and Space Black. DO NOT use any of my ideas without my permission!" Well? I mean I know that this place is about sharing ideas but don't they all also say that you should give credit where credit it due (given that some of my ideas were borrowed)? Don't they?

Also, how do you know that I'm not planning big (but still legal, there's still a LOT I can do that's still legal...) things with Light White and Space Black?

And if this whole coincidence-conspiracy thing you said is correct, darkmage, could you please help me learn to use RM2K, so nobody will be able to use anything similar to my stuff? Mena said that there shouldn't be a problem of confusion between our White Versions, but only because I'm from hacks and he's from this area...

Last edited:

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
    I totally lost you with that last bit. I think it's only coincidence. After all, it's at 2, with Mena and the Auroris whatever name. If there's a third "coincidence," then you know it's a conspiracy. lol, XD.

Pine

~Yummers~
    Years
    ...Okay, it may be a coincidence, but please, don't laugh at it. I mean really. I still would like to help prevent these coincidences by learning more about RM2K, and besides there are some things in Light White and Space Black that I'm doubting I would be able to do with hack programs...

Sorye HK

Looking around here and there
    Years
    • Seen Dec 1, 2021
    Thats wonderful sharpedo, are you making this as a rom? Good luck with it and be patient too.

This is an RM2K game. Not rom. Anyway, people can make mistakes.
    Plus, you seem like a nice person.

...Okay, it may be a coincidence, but please, don't laugh at it.

No-one will laugh at you. Anybody can make mistakes and get confused at times.

Pine

~Yummers~
    Years
    .....No...you don't get it...I said that because Darkmage was taking me WAY less than seriously about what I was saying. The part where I mentioned confusion, well...Mena had started making a RM2K, called Pokemon White. However, I was working on a hack called Pokemon Light White and Space Black. I was a little worried because we both had a 'white' game. I just wanted to make sure that mine stays original, especially since I have some plans for LW & SB...(one of the things that darkmage apparently doesn't take me seriously on)...plans that are bigger than for White...and probably every hack, rom and RM2K on the site...(But still legal :P )

Years
    Ok, could we go back on-topic please?

EDIT: i have my website up and running and i have the 3 brandnew screens online, so don't hesitate to visit my site....

Sharpedo.

Last edited:

Pine

~Yummers~
    Years
    I'll get back on topic, but only after the problem is solved. Otherwise it's like climbing a hill and jumping off a cliff to get down, rather than going down the other side of the hill.

(Also, I looked at your site and Sharpedo is already copyrighted by Nintendo)

DarkMage31

RM2K(3) Master
    Years
    Sorry if I sounded like I wasn't taking you seriously. What I say isn't what I always mean, unfortunately. Believe me when I say I understand how you feel about people taking your ideas. However, there are a few things I'd like to say.

1) No one knows your idea yet. Just because Mena named his game Pok?mon White doesn't mean your killer idea is stolen. In fact, I heard of Mena's game before I heard of yours. Although this doesn't mean you stole the idea, people come up with similar ideas all the time! Just keep remembering the expression "Great Minds Think Alike."

2) Know thyself. Reach for the stars, but keep your feet on the ground. Go for this killer idea, but don't reach too far, or you'll only end up dissapointing yourself if you fail.

3) What can you do if someone steals your idea? Sue them? The most you can do is put your name all over your project and your resources so people have to make a great effort to copy you. However, ideas are copied all the time. Look at any industry invention. Maybe a year after it was invented (and patented) another company takes the same idea and uses a different technology to recreate it (to void the patent). There's nothing the original company can do. It's just a fact of life in a capitalist society- we build on eachothers' ideas and try to make more money then the next man ;). I understand you not wanting people to use your idea. It's perfectly normal. But if it is the killer idea you claim it to be, there's quite honestly nothing you can do but request/require people not steal the ideas by taking advantage of the Internet Privacy Act signed by Bill Clinton (1999, I think?). But again, people will try to void this virtual "patent" by building on your idea.

So unfortunately, there's nothing you, me, or learning RM2K can do for you or any of the rest of us. I look at a game better than my own, and I strive to make it as good. It's that same concept. My advice is don't fight it. Go with it. Liscense it under the GNU liscense. It's this reasoning that persuaded Meerkat and I to freely distribute the battle system- people won't steal it if they can get it legally.

Sorry, Pine. There's nothing else I can say. :(

Back on topic:

Cool site!

Back