• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pok?mon XD

Shinin

Banned
    Years
    Don't assume Munchlax is important just because we see a pic of him in a battle. That's like saying Teddiursa will play an important role because we see a screenshot of it. Munchlax is just a regular pokemon, him being the first known 4th gen pokemon doesn't make him important in every game he's in.

Neo Android

Master Eevee Trainer
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Eire
    • Seen Apr 4, 2011
    well this game sounds great. But it comes out late this year for those in america. Who knows when it will be released in the uk and eurpoe (eire and such). I wish it was a nationwide release.

SBaby

Dungeon Master
    Years
    • Seen Apr 9, 2015
    A summary from various sites I visit:

Apparently, it is a continuation from Colosseum, as you have a Snag Machine, and Team Snag'em makes a return. The new Region is much larger than the one in Colosseum, and the story mode is going to play a bigger role this time around.

It's got something to do with Dark Lugia, or Evil Lugia that was awakened because there's too many Shadow Pokemon. Whatever. I'm down.

Also, apparently, 4th Edition Pokemon will be making cameos in this one, although no word on whether they'll be playable, or just there. Besides Munchlax, the three new ones from Movie 8 are supposed to appear, and there are rumors circulating that another 4th Edition Legendary might appear. (Besides Rukario, since he's supposed to be included in the bonus disc this time around.)

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    Xd

Well, It's been said, but the title seems to stand for Pokemon Xtra Dimension : Dark Winds Lugia. I still can't believe the girl with blue hair is the main characters little sister... because if people pokeship those two, it'll be wrong XD.

Anyway, this seems like this is the official site. Meh, also added the scans and stuff. Red eyed Lugia looks danm EVIL!
    Scan 1
    Scan 2

Neo Android

Master Eevee Trainer
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Eire
    • Seen Apr 4, 2011
    I am so upset....this game looks great and i really want it. But god knows when europe will get it....Most probably around march 2006, which is so unfair!

jynx

Er.../eh...
    Years
    Pokemon XD's title revealed:
    闇の旋風 ダークルギア
    Dark Whirl Wind DARK LUGIA!

https://pokemonelite2000.com/n05_0513_xdtitle.jpg

(ignore the site saying "Dark winds Dark Lugia", that was a translation mistake.)
    ------------------------
    I am actually sick!
    Why does every site translate it into Dark wind!?
    旋風 <---WHIRL WIND!!

Don't people read!?!?!

Last edited:

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    jynx said:
    Pokemon XD's title revealed:
    闇の旋風 ダークルギア
    Dark Whirl Wind DARK LUGIA!

https://pokemonelite2000.com/n05_0513_xdtitle.jpg

(ignore the site saying "Dark winds Dark Lugia", that was a translation mistake.)
    ------------------------
    I am actually sick!
    Why does every site translate it into Dark wind!?
    旋風 <---WHIRL WIND!!

Don't people read!?!?!

That never occured to me O_O; (and I'm japanese OTL).
    I dunno... I guess saying "whirlwind" sounds less cool then "wind" since "whirlwind" makes the title longer... i really don't know.

Years
    • Seen Jul 17, 2006
    Just so people know the XD stands for Xtra Dimension. So the title would be Pokemon Xtra Dimension:Dark Wind Dark Lugia.
    this game sounds good anyway. I dont think it has anything to do with Colosseum except it has shadows.
    Well anyway do you think Dark Lugia is a shadow or just dark? and if dark do you think you will have a Dark Lugia when you trade to GBA?
    also Munchlax just looks like you talk to him and he is snoring with nothing important about him.

Kyogre-chan

Banned
    Years
    Snorlax4Eva said:
    Just so people know the XD stands for Xtra Dimension.
    We already established that a couple of pages back. ^_^; People just prefer usage of "XD", because? well, it's easier to type. XP (Pun not intended.)

Anyway, it just seems like a clone of Colosseum to me. =\ Not like that's a bad thing, given that I haven't even played it yet (;_; *is so behind*), but yeah. It's basically Colosseum with a dark Lugia, and better graphics. x_X;

jynx

Er.../eh...
    Years
    kohei said:
    That never occured to me O_O; (and I'm japanese OTL).
    I dunno... I guess saying "whirlwind" sounds less cool then "wind" since "whirlwind" makes the title longer... i really don't know.
    Oh... :D

...I thought 風 and 旋風 are very different...@@||||

How do you read 旋風 in Japanese by the way?

The S

The Reverend
    Years
    They're saying that the story mode will be a lot longer and deeper, so I'm apt to say this isn't just Colosseum with Munchlax and Dark Lugia thrown in.

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    Senpuu: Like a tornado, but smaller. Hence a whirlwind :)

Eon Trainer said:
    wow iv seen the pics of dark lugia it looks awesome!
    Dark Lugia scares me a bit. Especially the eyes.

PS: 旋風=Senpuu (in Japanese)

Last edited:

PokemonPichu

A pichu messing with glitches
    Years
    I can't wait for Pokemon XD to come out!
    Do you think the main character has a little sister, or is she following him like that girl in Pokemon Cossulem?

kohei

Pizzaman.
    Years
    Dark Whirlwind

PokemonPichu said:
    I can't wait for Pokemon XD to come out!
    Do you think the main character has a little sister, or is she following him like that girl in Pokemon Cossulem?
    Well, the official site says it's a sister.

Last edited:

jynx

Er.../eh...
    Years
    kohei said:
    Dark Lugia scares me a bit. Especially the eyes.

PS: 旋風=Senpuu (in Japanese)
    Oooh....that makes the title even wierd...

The hiragana on it said "kaze" o_O|||

Triaspia

ooh shiney
    Years
    im going to clear a few tings up with info i know

the girl who follows you is your sister and uses a computer thing oved one of her eyes to tell if a pokemon is shadow

snag machine is back (is wes this new kids father but is too old to stop the shadow invasion himself so he sends his kids out?)

munchlax appears

IMO is a alternate version like sapphire is to ruby or XD to colo

more info as i discover it

p.s im in the prosess of trying to get into nintendo of australia to find out more for you

Kanadian Kyuubi

Sauske gone Wild!
    Years
    • Seen Feb 11, 2006
    Update, US Release confirmed at Nintendo E3 Press Confrence, english name is Pokemon XD:Gale of Darkness. Set for release possibly in october. Also unvailed a smaller version of the GBA and the Nintendo Revolution console as well if you are wondering.

Back