• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pok?mon XD

Castrainer

Banned
Years
    • Seen Apr 8, 2006
    Funny name no? xD
    But yeah, the new Pok?mon Game for Gamecube, thats going to be released late '05, hs the name of Pok?mon XD [I cant stop laughing about it~ xD]

Anyway... any speculations?

Steeleon

The Lovable Goof
    Years
    • Age 34
    • Seen Jul 17, 2006
    Oh yea! Isn't that the Pokemon RPG that is supposed to be just like the GBA games but this time 3D? At least that was I read in and Electronic Gaming magazine about the new Pokemon RPG for Gamecube.

scolari

spriter god (yes me)
    Years
  • hopefully it will be a full pokemon rpg we really need one when i first heard about pokemon blue when i was like 8 i had never seen a gameboy or gameboy graphics so back then i thought of it a 3d rpg before i bought it lol

BigCN401

[insert something here]
    Years
  • At the GDC (Game Development Confrence) Reggie said if you like Ruby/Sapphire and FireRed/LeafGreen then you'll like Pok?mon XD.

...and why the hell is it named XD? It's like saying, 'Pok?mon [facial expression].'
    xd.jpg

Dratini927

Matt the Drat
    Years
  • I'm forever going to read that as "Pokemon ahaha" because that's what I mentally say when I see XD. Or also "Pokemon LOL" :P

But on a serious note, does anyone know what the XD stands for yet?

Pokemon_Master_DAH

pokemon master
    Years
    • Age 31
    • hoen
    • Seen Feb 15, 2006
    pokemon xd

this game sounds cool i'll get it but i wonder why reggie said if you love ruby and sapphire you'll love pokemon xd

PrimeCupEevee

Eevee Trainer
    Years
  • Pokemon Extra Dimension makes sense.

I remember dreaming when I was playing Crystal (walking south on Route 32, west of the lake). I remember dreaming as if I was really in tall grass (I guess the programmers got that down). Could that trainer I was about to run into actually see me at the time? How tall is the tall grass? This should be a great game.

Tanner

Cool Elite Four Guy
    Years
  • I`m definetly geting the game. Since Pokkemon Colluseum came out, i`v always wanted a 3D RPG game with cool graphics that where you can catch pokemon in grass and not just certain ones like Makuhita in Pokemon Colluseum.

Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Mar 26, 2005
    From what I have read recently about this game, it looks promising, and I will probably get it. Will have to wait until some more information is released about it...but so far not much has been revealed about it apart from the points above..

tyranitar0000

You don't wanna know
    Years
  • This game sounds VERY cool. I'm definitely getting that one. And knowing that it's coming out late this year (it's true)... OMG

Bay-kun

<That's me Oo
    Years
  • Its honestly named that? XD Now everytime I look at its box when I'm playing the game I'm gonna think of "XD." Good thing its a smiley that I love to use though. I wouldn't want the game to be called Pokemon =P, or Pokemon lol. xD

MystiKal

from the mouths of babes
    Years
  • Well I heard that the developers that made Final Fantasy for the Cube is helping work on this game title. In that case this game should be really good.

fudge01

Uzumaki Naruto!
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Aug 28, 2006
    you mean square-enix awesome :D because ffcc was one of the best games ever :D

Pazuzu

Flushing Meadows
    Years
  • Hm..seems like colloseum was only a test to see how a 3-d adventure would be reacted by the fans! ^^

but if its going to be a real GBA style 3-d rpg with pokemon CATCHING/not snatching XD then it would be the coolest! ^^

i heared the pearl/diamond versions should be compatible to gamecube so let wait and see! :D

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 15, 2012
    wow, this'll be great. i just read the interview. all 3D pokemon games up to this point have been somewhat dissapointing. i prefer handheld ones by far. i wonder how they'll manage to have wild pokemon appear? in colloseum they didn't really have to worry about how to make a wild onix appear out of nowhere. will it just fall from the roof of the cave?

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
    Years
  • rsgh5 said:
    wow, this'll be great. i just read the interview. all 3D pokemon games up to this point have been somewhat dissapointing. i prefer handheld ones by far. i wonder how they'll manage to have wild pokemon appear? in colloseum they didn't really have to worry about how to make a wild onix appear out of nowhere. will it just fall from the roof of the cave?
    They'll probably just stick to the formula of you walking through grass and then the Pokemon just appearing out of nowhere.

Years
    • Age 35
    • Seen Oct 15, 2012
    ya, but then it won't look good. i'm hoping that they'll have like cut scenes for them appearing or something.

Back