• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[PKMN FULL] Poke-Ronpa: Year One - Despair [IC]

Junier

Fake Friends Forever (´・ω・`)
    Years
    • Seen Dec 5, 2019
    Rosalina ~

Spoiler:

The gymnasium was looking emptier, the crowd thinning out as clumps of students went shuffling out into the hall. The remaining adolescents looked curiously around at their peers, the instructions of Jade Bailey still fresh in their minds.

But Rosalina Gonzalez was in no mood for a field trip around the school. For a few moments now, she had been crying silently into her sleeve, wiping moisture from her face. The tears kept welling up and, determinedly, she fought to prevent them from doing so. She was failing tremendously...

She could feel the eyes of her fellows upon her, a perfect indication to leave. And, unlike the other students, Rosalina departed alone. She fled the gymnasium with an arm shielding her face and likewise her tears. The polished hallways etched in her memory, she followed the winding path, moving subconsciously fast. In her haste, Rosalina's KARD fell violently from her hands and crashed against the ground, face first. She was quick to retrieve it, but not quick enough, as a long crack now ran through its screen, interrupting its smooth surface. The collision stunned the device into activating itself and Rosalina was able to skim over the available options. The device reminded her of the Pokedexes she'd seen in the hands of authentic Trainers crossed with an X-Transciever. Attentive, now, and distracted from her tearful state, she poked at "Rules" for Rosalina assumed it included the essentials...

Technically, they were "the essentials", but not for the device, as Rosalina had suspected. The short listing baffled her. They must refer to the school, but how? These were not typical academy regulations... at all. The only rational one was the restriction of areas after "Night Time" (unnecessarily capitalized, nighttime was already an existing concept), and perhaps the rule about intentionally sleeping anywhere that was not a distributed dormitory? Still, Rosalina questioned why anyone would consider doing such a thing.

Perhaps to ban sleeping during class. That's a real pet peeve of mine...

No violence against the school's headmaster; that made sense, but was their name truly "MonoMew"? It was a peculiar title, for certain. Why did their name include that of the mythical creature, speculated by many to be the ancestor of all existent Pokemon...? That especially addled Rosalina.

But wait... what's this about graduation!?

"A 'culprit' who kills a fellow student will graduate the school." A "culprit" who kills a fellow student will graduate the school. A "culprit" who kills a fellow student will graduate the school!?
    Where did this come from!? What was the purpose!? What sick-in-the-head sadist had tacked this on, second-to-last!? Was it a joke, all in good fun? Was this entire occurrence a prank? If it was, no one was laughing. Rosalina thought back to the gymnasium, everyone's stone-cold faces and shifty eyes swollen with fear. They'd read the rules, but would they follow them? And who exactly was enforcing them?

Rosalina was putting the pieces together. A glimpse of Headmaster MonoMew she must have caught in the gymnasium, their hysterics matching the pitch of the early announcement. This inhumane "MonoMew"... she assumed they were inhumane, anyway. With a name like, that a voice like that, they had to be something different entirely. An actual Mew? She doubted that significantly. Accounts of a living, breathing Mew were few and far in-between and their inclusion in the region-wide Pokedex was based off of hoaxes and the ingenuous hopes of ten-year-olds. MonoMew was most likely an alias for something or someone bigger. Hence the covered windows and exits, hence the constant, unwavering eyes of thousands of scattered cameras. Something humongous was after all of them. For what other reason had these achieved, experienced young men and woman been rounded up? There was a devious and potentially deadly scheme at-hand here...

The thudding of footsteps. Thomas Collins and Declan Russel shambled down the hallway, missing Rosalina who was still slouched over her KARD in the far corner. In an instant, however, the duo was gone. A puzzled Rosalina followed to find they'd vanished up a stairway. For a moment, she considered a further pursuit. The boys weren't wandering. Thomas was following the lit (not fractured) screen of his tablet-esque device, as if it were a map, and wore an expression of reflection (Declan... not so much). He was looking for something in-particular, something that Rosalina was sure would concern her in the future, if she wished to make any progress.

On the second floor, now, she immediately drew from it a sense of homey-ness. The cozy decor and snug floor space gave it a more hospitable atmosphere than the lower floor with its blank, echoing hallways. Could it be... a common room? Rosalina's theory was proven correct when, a few feet from the staircase, Thomas and Declan disappeared again through a successfully opened dormitory door with use of Thomas' KARD. She made a connection automatically. The KARD was distributed to him specifically, so obviously it must have a connection with his specific dorm room. Surely Rosalina's dorm was included on her KARD, then?

Another theory proven right. Dorm 209, right next to Thomas Collins'. The coincidence was fascinating. Rosalina did not hesitate in gaining access to her room, relieved to find her possessions sitting neatly in the middle of the room... though not relieved for long. She soon realized some of her books and only a fourth of her clothing did not include Espurr or Cenobia, and a bout of gloominess set in again. She couldn't contain her rising hopes at the thought of reuniting with Espurr again. She'd though he'd be returned by now. Who wished to torment her with his absence? Taking her Pokemon away to prevent resistance— she assumed that was the case— was sick... utterly sick...!

Sweltering emotion bubbled inside of Rosalina Gonzalez, feelings that gave no room for tears. This entire situation was unfair, unjust! She'd felt hopeless from the very beginning and she was sick of it! There was nothing she wanted more than to go home and she had a right too! She should be able to walk out... but she couldn't.

An indignant Rosalina threw herself at the foot of her assigned dorm's bed and sat, sullen, too morose to move.

Years
    Jenna Bumo, Kasey Hotternell (Joint Post)
    Cafeteria - F1, Making Lunch and Making Plans​

Jenna was getting frustrated. The anger growing ever more inside her. She and the others had just spent the last hour searching for anything that might lead to their Pokemon's location and they had come up with nothing...zilch...nada. Not that she had that much help. Valeri seemed to be a complete liability with her 6 year old on a sugar high way of doing things. She just cringed as she watched Valeri look in one of the trash cans, like that might actually help. There was also Brooke, not as useless as Valeri but not much better. Though she seemed to at least have understanding of the task, Jenna noticed times where Brooke wasn't seeming to handle the situation well, like she might break down any moment. "Such weaklings..." she thought to herself as she turned her attention to Vanessa.

Vanessa Bernardi was something else unlike the others. She radiated this confidence that she was in complete control over the whole situation. What was it? Maybe her history of raising Dragons? Would make sense, not an easy task. Jenna could see a lot of herself in this younger trainer and formed some respect. She looked away and began searching the walls, looking for some kind of switch. "This school has to be bigger than what the map says on this KARD thing" Jenna figured. The school was humongous she remembered from when she first walked up and into the school. At that point she heard a commotion as Valeri and Vanessa were talking and yelling at the pink and purple satanic toy. "Oh great" Jenna rolled her eyes, "This is the last thing we need right now". Jenna began walking towards them but then MonoMew zipped up into the ceiling, back down, threw Valeri her KARD and zipped back up. "Hmmm, guess we found how that little pink **** travels around. Now if only I could get access into those portals myself, I'd find my Pokemon for sure then" she thought to herself as she continued walking towards the others and the kitchen that Vanessa had just opened.

After leaving the gym, Kasey had gone straight for the cafeteria, hoping to find some food. But alas, there was nothing of the sort. However, he found the door to the kitchen easily enough, and was delighted that his KARD could unlock it through mere proximity. He had hurried inside, barely noticing the door swing shut behind him, and not at all noticing it lock itself again.

The kitchen itself was incredible, for a school. Plenty of workspace, a plethora of pots and pans, cooking utensils organized by type and function... And then there was the pantry and the walk-in refrigerator. Canned fruits, fresh vegetables, frozen meats, sugary sweets, herbs, spices, seasonings and condiments galore! Enough to deep-fry, stir-fry, pan-fry, bake, broil, boil or stew just about anything anyone could want.

Kasey slowly turns in a circle, taking it all in. "What is this place, filled with so many wonders? Casting its spell, that I am now under?" For a moment, he can forget about being knocked out, robbed of his partners, and thrust into a deadly game. At least he'll have an amazing kitchen to come to, and cook his cares away.

His thoughts are interrupted when he hears the door open, some of his fellow students coming in. "Oh, hey guys! Welcome to my kitchen! My kingdom, and my home. None are allowed inside unless they are willing to serve under me!" He raises his arms in a dramatic gesture, then laughs. "Just kidding! A little. I'm thinking, 'Maybe this place won't be so bad'. At least it's got some good eats."

Jenna couldn't believe her luck. It was bad enough that she had been completely knocked out, robbed, thrust into a murder game, had no idea where her best friends might be and was stuck with a bunch of wimps, save for Vanessa, on this mission. Now she had to deal with the kid obsessed with food and seeming to not have a single care in the world, Kasey. "Why must I always have the worst luck?" she thought to herself. At least there was food, she was starving. This kid at least had one shred of usefulness, he seemed to be great at cooking.

"Alright Kasey, whip us up some food and I'll figure out what our next plan of action since the kitchen and cafeteria are useless for findng our Pokemon" Jenna walked out of the kitchen with Vanessa as Valeri scampered behind them "I hope you don't mess that up like you did your introduction. I don't need any more weak links in this group" Jenna glared at Valeri, who shrank behind Vanessa.

As they waited for Kasey, Jenna brainstormed with Vanessa about their next move. It seemed the best idea would be to go to their rooms they were assigned, see if any clues or even their PokeBalls themselves were there. Valeri chimed in with "How bout we just ask that pink floating toy for them back?". Jenna cringed at that and glared again at the young girl. "Valeri if i wanted your input, I would have asked for it!" She angrily said to Valeri. Valeri yelped in fear as she ran to the kitchen. "Great...weaker than I thought" Jenna thought as she rubbed her temples. She looked up at Vanessa who gave her a stern look. Was it an agreeing or disappointed look? What did Jenna care, she just wanted her Pokemon back. "Hey Kasey! Is the food ever going to be ready!?" Jenna chirped, stomach growling, "I'm starving!"

The girls have varying degrees of interest in the kitchen, and in Kasey's exuberant greeting. The dragon girl just gives him a stern look and a cursory glance around the kitchen. The youngest girl giggles, while the blue-haired girl takes a closer look around. Kasey decides he likes this girl, but can't quite recall her name. Then the fourth girl, Jenna, snaps at him. "Alright, Kasey, whip us up some food, and I'll figure out what our next plan of action is."

Kasey gives a mock salute as Jenna and Vanessa leave, the younger girl (Val or something) in tow. "I live to serve." Now that he has an actual job, he decides to make the most of it. He decides to cook up some dinner for everyone, while making something small but delicious for the girls. He turns to head toward the fridge, accidentally running into the blue-haired girl. Due to her height, he ends up with his face in her chest, and he quickly backs up, laughing nervously. "Whoops! Heh, sorry..."

She just smiles, apparently not caring. "We haven't officially met. You're Kasey, right? I'm Brooke. Anything I can do to help?"

Kasey returns her smile with one of his own. "Yeah, actually. Fill that pot with water and put it on the stove. Let me know when it starts to boil." Brooke nods, setting about her task while Kasey gathers more ingredients. Once the water is ready, Kasey sets up the double boiler, adding together cheddar, Monterey Jack, and cream cheese, with a splash of Miltank milk to smooth it out. Brooke stirs the cheese until it's all melted, while Kasey dices tomatoes and green bell peppers. They go into the pot, with some cayenne pepper for spice.

Kasey has just finished pouring the cheese onto five plates of tortilla chips, when Val rushes back into the kitchen. She hides behind Brooke, currently cooking meat for the dinner Kasey has planned. Val clings to Brooke's leg, whimpering slightly.

Kasey tilts his head slightly, wondering what's going on. "Hey there, Half-Pint. What's got you so worked up?" As if to answer his question, Jenna calls out from the other room. "Hey Kasey! Is the food ever going to be ready!? I'm starving!"

Valeri buries her face against Brooke, pouting. (Brooke doesn't seem to mind.) "I just wanted to help, but Jenna yelled at me. And Vanessa just stood there and let her! I have ideas too, you know!" Brooke pats Val's shoulder comfortingly, while Kasey nods. "Each of us deals with stress in different ways. You can hang out with me, Half-Pint. But if you're in my kitchen, you gotta be helping me cook. Why don't you grate some cheese for the pizzas, while I take those two some nachos? Maybe some food will make them feel better."

Valeri looks like she would rather just hide, but relents when Kasey gives her a plate of nachos for herself. He takes two more plates out to the cafeteria. "Here you girls go! A little fuel to help you think up our plan of attack. How's that going, anyway? I was thinking, 'If this is a school, what kind of classes will they teach?'"

As Jenna and Vanessa sit out in the cafeteria, the smell of the food wafts in. Jenna takes a sniff and her stomach immediately growls in a low rumble. She blushes as she notices Vanessa smirk at her. "Shut up, its been a awhile since I've eaten!" she snaps at Vanessa. Vanessa continues to smirk as she gets up and walks around. " Ya know it might be smart to be a little bit kinder to people here" she said.

Jenna, surprised that she actually said something to her, asks "Why is that?"

Vanessa stretches a bit before turning back towards Jenna, "Because we are in the middle of a game where the only way out is murder. You don't want to be a target of the others do you?" she sarcastically says.

Jenna sighed Maybe this girl is right...I don't need to be a target...I just want my Pokemon back and to get out of here... she thought to herself.

"Maybe you're right. I'd really rather not be the first target for everyone. What do you say to being allies? Could use a friend here." Jenna says, slightly embarrassed. She had no plans of being friends with anyone, but murder spree games change people. Vanessa smiled at her. Or was that a smirk? This girl was so hard to figure out. Eventually she said "Might as well include the others too ya know".

Jenna gulped and rubbed her temples again. That meant Valeri, the weakest of the group, but if it meant having Vanessa, she would have to make the sacrifice. "Fine"

Just then Kasey came out with some nachos "Here you girls go! A little fuel to help you think up our plan of attack. How's that going, anyway? I was thinking, 'If this is a school, what kind of classes will they teach?'" "Who cares!? Bout time we got some food!" Vanessa chirped at him.

Sensing this could be a test by Vanessa, Jenna jumped in "I dont think there will be any classes here. Unless it is Murder 101". Jenna smiled at what she thought was a joke. "Anyways we all need to stick together as a group. Ya'll are the only ones i can somewhat trust right now. Next stop after food is the bedrooms. See what might be in there." Jenna looked away as she prepared for the last thing she was going to say "Also...thanks for the food". Jenna choked that last part out. Being polite wasn't her thing. She grabbed a chip with a mound of cheese and began eating as Vanessa did the same.

Kasey thinks it over for a moment, then shrugs. "No classes, huh? ...Yeah, I can see that. Kinda hard to plan a curriculum when you expect the students to kill each other." He's slightly surprised he can be so casual about all this, but he shrugs it off. The important thing is that the girls are enjoying his food and everybody's getting along.

"I'm just gonna put the finishing touches on dinner, then we'll all head out." He heads back into the kitchen, where Brooke and Valeri are hanging out by the table, eating and talking. Kasey quickly rolls out some dough, making eight large pizza crusts and putting different toppings on each one: a pure cheese, a veggie, a meat pizza, and several combination pizzas. He puts them in the fridge for later, and Val comes over to talk. "So, how'd it go?"

Kasey gives her a thumbs up and a smile. "Pretty good. Good food can bring anyone together, and Jenna asked me to come to her room. We'll all go, and we can all be friends here. The more, the merrier, right?" He holds up his hand for a high-five, which Val gives him after a confused moment. Brooke turns away to hide her laughter, and the three head back to the cafeteria. Kasey is ready to go, pointing dramatically at the door. "Alright, ladies, let's go check out those bedrooms! I'm sure we'll find our stuff there!"

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    Edward, Meghan, and Gabriel - Making de plans​

"Alright… I think this should be enough." Ed looked at the few knives he had taken. "We do want spares, just in case the worst comes to worst." He looked at the others, "Now, the next best thing to do is to find some sort of base to set up in. A place we know inside and out and can guard easily. Maybe a room of some kind. That plush did say that our rooms would be accessible to us now. We'll go to each room one by one and grab whatever we need and then make one of them a base for us. Sound good?"

"Alright!" shouted Meghan, "Finally an actual plan!" She flipped one of the blades around in her hand a few times. "Yeah, let's check out our rooms, maybe we'll actually find some of our stuff, hopefully even our pokemon if we're lucky!"

Gabriel only shook his head. "I seriously would doubt that. What's the point of taking them away if we would get them back only twenty minutes later? No, I doubt we'll find much of anything." Despite his negative attitude he pushed forward past the other two towards the dorms, seemingly ignoring the other two.

"What's his problem?" Meghan wondered, slightly ticked about the cold response. "I mean, what he said is true, but… Can't we at least hope that we get our stuff back?" She looked back at Ed, waiting for his lead.

"Because he knows that it's a lie." He said flatly. Ed sighed, "We're trying to make ourselves feel better. This is a gauntlet.. one that is looking for harsh survival. Just bringing up thoughts about our old lives will just make more people mad." He shook his head, "We just have to focus on one thing. We have to stay together and get out in the end. That's the important thing in all of this."

Meghan sighed, trying to relax. "You're right of course. The past is the past, can't go back to it now, can we? Just gotta stick together till we find a way out of this blasted hell hole!" She turned to look down the dark hallway in the direction that Gabriel had took off in. "Welp, better go find that punk before he gets lost!" She winked darkly at Ed, "Or before someone else finds him first."

Edward nodded, "Keep a good hold on those knives until we inspect our own rooms." He frowned, "Though, I have been thinking…" He said as he began to lead the way out. "That plush said whenever someone does murder successfully, then they'll leave, right?"

Meghan looked thoughtful for a moment. "Yeah, something like that. I think that it was spelled out a bit better in the rules...one second." She pulled out her KARD and turned it on, moving through the menus quickly to get to the section that displayed the rules. "Ah" she exclaimed, "Here we are.
    'A "culprit" who kills a fellow student will graduate the school. However, they must not let any other student know they are the culprit.' So it's not just killing someone, you can't get caught either. Although I wonder how that is determined. Like, is it just that after the action is committed and nobody finds out? I'm not sure…"

"I guess we'll figure that out when someone goes first." He shrugged, "It's going to happen. We all know it will. I'm actually interested in what happens after. If the person who graduates is really let go. I highly doubt it. I mean… this is a secret place. If someone is let go, then they could squeal about it. There's always that chance. What we should do is make it so that we aren't the first ones to fall to such a fate."

"And how do you propose we do that?" Meghan wondered. "We could barricade ourselves in somewhere away from other students, but we still need to eat and drink. On top of that, how can I trust that you won't kill me? Or that Gabriel or any other students we include wont. Or maybe I could kill you? You never know what people might truly be thinking…" She faded off, getting a darker look in her eye. She shook her head and brightened up. "Not that I would kill you of course, or anybody else for that matter."

"It's the Survivor effect." Edward explained calmly, "Right now there are a lot of students, any of which could kill us at any point. Even if you don't want to believe it we NEED each other. Everyone needs someone they can trust. If you have watched one lick of reality tv you would know that early on when there are lots of people in a competition then they end up forming bonds with others. It's mainly to ensure their own survival. So, at the moment, we all want to survive. Once the numbers of our competitors starts falling down, THEN you can worry about backstabbing. You would get nothing at the moment if you killed me because that's one less person you can trust to not kill you at the moment. And I too would gain nothing from killing you. Understood?"

"Hmm...good point I suppose, that does make some sense. Besides, all we gotta do is find some way out, and then we don't even have to worry about killing people. Whoever the maniac is behind this, he can't be perfect. There has to be some slip up somewhere that we can use to get out." She put back on her positive smile.

He gave her a nod, "Right. All we can hope is that everyone else figures that out too. Not every single plan is perfect. There will be flaws. Human beings are unpredictable, after all." He eventually led the way to his own room and swiped his KARD along it. He did a quick inventory check seeing that really only his computer wasn't here. The many school supplies he had bought were more than likely worthless, though he did snag his pencil bag and a notepad. "All we can hope is that we act in some way that he doesn't see coming."

Meghan nodded, then left to check out her own room. Following Ed's example she moved her KARD in front of the panel in front of her door and it clicked open softly. Walking inside she found her duffel bags on her bed, and she hastily opened them, hoping to find something, anything, useful. What she found disappointed her. No pokemon, and a good deal of her stuff was gone. She had hoped that Hope's Peak had a climbing wall, so she had packed all of her climbing gear, but most of it was gone, including her harness, most of her clips, and her climbing picks. A couple lengths of climbing rope was still there but that hardly seemed useful now. She shrugged, grabbing one, then seeing that pretty much the rest of it was clothes and toiletries, she zipped the bags back up and walked out of her room to meet back up with Ed.

"I think… in the end." Ed started saying, "That someone is going to kill someone. Right now we're like rats trapped in a box. Eventually someone is going to want to head back outside. Until then that tension is going to build up more and more. We need to find a way out of here before the kettle blows."

"Agreed." Gabriel said, joining the two of them. "Things might get dangerous from here on out. I suggest we find somewhere to hole up, maybe grab some food supplies. The dorms lock on their own and can only be opened by their respective KARDS, but I don't trust them…"

"But they seem to be the only doors that will actually lock here!" Meghan retorted. "Why go anywhere else when only we can get into our own dorm rooms. On our way here it looked like none of the other rooms had locks except for a couple, and that MonoMew thing said that areas like the kitchen or bathrooms or whatever could be accessed by anybody."

"I still don't like it here. There must be some way to secure an area of the school…" Gabriel replied.

"Gabriel is right." Ed stated. "We need a area that no one can explore but us. That way if we're ever attacked we know how the area looks. We know every single corridor and all the twists and turns. It would catch any intruder off guard if we set up things like traps. What we should do is find some area that we can call our own, an area that no one is going to kill us over."

Gabriel looked gratefully at Ed. "Thank you. Looking at our maps," he called up the map of the first floor on his KARD, "the most logical places would be either one of the classrooms, or the weight room. Both are isolated, most students have no reason to go there, and they have limited entry ways."

"Hold up" Meghan said, "But we can't just stay there all the time." She held up her card in Gabriel's face. "Look, right here. 'Sleeping is only permitted in the personal rooms prepared for you in the dormitory area. Anyone intentionally falling asleep elsewhere will be punished.' We can't just stay there all the time or we'll be punished, whatever that means. If we have to leave to go back to our dorms to sleep, we'll be exposed anyway!"

"But does it say we have to sleep in our own dorms?" Ed asked with a raised eyebrow, "As long as we sleep in someone's dormitory, then we'll be good. We'll have to use one of ours every night then. But for now, it doesn't hurt to scout around and see what sort of areas we can find. Maybe even mark out some places that could serve as safe places if we ever get attacked." He gave a small nod, "Alright, we can head out now and see what we can find."

Years

Mason King
    Classroom A1
    Companions: Jade, Olivia

Mason sighed, completely exasperated. "Just another perfectly normal classroom", he said tiredly. "Well", he added, "Apart from those doodles on the board. But that's just the same as the other classroom." He gestured at a crudely drawn MonoMew on the chalkboard. The three of them, Mason, Jade, and Olivia, and explored practically all of the athletics wing of the building, and had found almost nothing that wouldn't be found in any other normal high school. The gym had been completely normal, as well as the storage room. The storage room had been interesting at the very least, it was a completely disorganized mess, and had been a pain to dig through, but at least there had been stuff in there, although nothing all that useful.

The other rooms that they had explored had been mostly as expected. According to Jade and Olivia, the locker rooms had been almost exactly alike. Some lockers lining the walls, although without locks, toilets and sinks, as well as a small shower area in each. The weight room behind it was also exactly as expected, it was simply an exercise room with various machines; such as treadmills, bench presses, stationary bikes, leg presses, and even more that he didn't know the names for. He had briefly considered trying to murder one of his companions using one of the free weight barbells he had picked up, but he let the notion fade. It was too early for that, and he wasn't sure he could get both of them… Not yet he decided, not yet…

And that brought them to where they were now, exploring the second classroom on the first floor. The classrooms had, like most of the other rooms in the school, had been completely normal, simply rows of desks and chair lined up in front of a blackboard, various school supplies like pencils and paper organized in various places in the room. "Lets face it", he said to the others, "There isn't anything here, just like the other rooms."

"Well, it's not like we were expecting anything else after the other rooms…" Jade strode towards the chalkboard and stared at the crude image for a moment. "Feeling any vibes about this room Olivia?" Over the past couple hours the ghost girl, or whatever she was, had displayed a few strange abilities. Mason wouldn't have called her a ghost exactly, but she sure seemed like it sometimes. She had claimed to sense vibes from several of the rooms, levitated briefly, even seemed to phase through a few desks in the last classroom rather than just walking around them. It was strange and creepy, but then again, everything around him was strange right now.

"Not really", she said in a flat bored sounding voice, "I can sense a few happy memories, but nothing really all that strong." She walked over to one of the walls. It had a couple metal plates over them, which they assumed were windows or something, so it must have been an exterior wall. She placed her hand on it and closed her eyes. Mason watched her, confused, and she seemed to glow and pulse lightly, then stop. She turned around and sighed in her bored voice, "Hmm, just as I thought. I can't go through this wall either. Whoever put us here definitely wants to keep us here. Although how would they know how to stop me going through walls…." She had a slightly puzzled look on her face.

Jade was about to respond when a TV crackled to life on the wall displaying MonoMew's disturbing face. His voice projected into their classroom as well as the rest of the school. "Well, it seems that you punks have explored the whole floor! And...well...I'm gonna be honest with you, I'm bored! So bored! So I prepared a little present for you guys! Lets meet in...um...the cafeteria!" Then his voice got a serious tone in it, "Be there in five minutes. And don't be late!" Then the TV clicked off.

The room seemed much darker all of a sudden. Mason cleared his throat and broke the silence saying, "Well, I guess we know where we are going next. Better find out what that little pink punk wants with us now."

FireSnow

Show me that Fighting Spirit
    Years
    Jenna Bumo - What Now?
    Cafeteria​

Jenna finished eating her nachos and cleaned up her and Vanessa's plates. As they cleaned in the kitchen, the group mapped out what their plan was again. "Alright Kasey, you take Brooke and Valerie and check out your rooms and Vanessa and I will check ours. We'll meet back here in 30 minutes." Jenna said. Vanessa nodded in approval towards for what seemed like agreement on the plan and the maturity Jenna was showing with being more open and working as a team. Jenna smiled, "Alright lets head out" as she turned and began walking out of the kitchen.

Before even getting out the door a large TV blared on behind her with that sickeningly horrible voice of that pink demon "Hellooooooo my happy students. I see you all are making friends which is great! see?! this place isn't so bad!" Monomew chuckled to himself, "Anyways, head to the cafeteria, I have something for you" as he smiled slyly and disappeared as the television turned off. Jenna rolled her eyes "Great, what now?" as she lead the group back into the cafeteria, knowing whatever she was about to receive was not going to be good.

Years

Henry Scott
    Cafeteria

"This does not bode well…" Henry muttered to the boy beside him while fidgeting with his fingers. He always had a hard time standing still when something big was about to happen, something which had taken a lot of practice to master in his training to become a ninja. He could still hear his sensei beating him over the head and criticizing his technique and inability to wait patiently for the opportune moment.

"I hear ya, that little pink and purple thing gives me the creeps. No doubt he has something up his sleeve," Gabriel responded with a nervous edge in his voice. "If he even has a sleeve."

Henry laughed, despite being a bad joke, and also the tense mood in the room. But sometimes laughing helped relieve the situation of tension a bit. Looking around the room at the various students that had gathered, he said, "Well, looks like pretty much everyone is here, I wonder how much longer we are going to have to wait…"

The answer turned out to be a very short time, as only a couple moment later, the purple/pink devil himself. "Well hiya guys! Had fun exploring the first floor? Find anything interesting?"

"Just tell us why you brought us here ya little s***," Meghan growled, "I've got better things to do than listen to you ramble."

"Wow," MonoMew said in mock shock, "If I had feelings, they might be hurt right now! But fine, I'll get to the point because you asked so nicely!" His voice was dripping with sarcasm. "Well, I got to thinkin ya see, and I thought to myself, 'They don't seem to want to kill each other yet!' so I read up on some mystery novels, and decided to give you guys a motive! Well, at least a motive on top of getting out of here of course."

"And so," MonoMew said among the murmurings of the students, "I have a present for you guys!" Pulling a remote out from somewhere, he pushed a button… and nothing happened. Until a moment later when Henry's KARD vibrated in his pocket. He pulled it out, seeing all of the others doing the same with a look of confusion on their faces. "I thought you guys might get homesick, so I sent to your KARDs a video from home, let you see how your friends and families are doing!"

Henry watched as a file appeared on the screen. He touched it and it opened into a video. At first it showed his dojo where he had spent so many years training. He recognized everything about it, the cherry blossoms, the fountain, the shrine, the gazebo where he would go to meditate. Then the video changed, was filled with static for a moment before the image came back, but different. Instead of showing the dojo in the bright summer sun as it did before, now everything was grey and destroyed. The trees cut down, the fountain replaced by a pile of rubble, the shrine and gazebo overgrown with weeds and in disrepair. Then the camera turned to the doorway of the main dojo where Henry saw his sensei, beaten, bruised, and bleeding, and hung from the doorway by a rope in a noose. Then the video cut out, the screen going black.

Henry's hands trembled. No, it couldn't be true. Nobody was more powerful than his sensei, he couldn't be beaten, not even by Henry. But there it was. Looking around Henry saw similar looks of horror and despair on the other students face. "Well?" MonoMew said cheerily, "Aren't you guys wondering what happened? Well guess what? You'll never know! Not unless you graduate that is!"

"I know exactly what happened." Henry said, putting as much anger and venom in his voice as he could. "You killed him. You killed my sensei and destroyed my home, and for that you will pay!" In the back of his mind Henry could hear the voice of his sensei saying not to be foolish, but he didn't care. His sensei had raised him since he was a small child, and he could not allow his memory to be disrespected like this. With a shout he launched himself at MonoMew, not thinking, only letting his rage take over.

The first blow caught MonoMew completely by surprise, and through the flurry of blows he grunted angrily, "Hey! No! Violence! Against! The! Headmaster!" With the last word he flipped in the air using his tail as a whip, hitting the enraged ninja square on the head. Henry landed on the floor in a crouch, and before he had time to recover, MonoMew cried out, "Special Calrissian Freezing Technique, go!"

The floor immediately opened up beneath him, dropping him into some sort of chamber about four by four feet. The ninja immediately reacted, leaping from wall to wall to catch his hand on the ledge about ten feet above him. MonoMew cried out, "Nope!" and smashed his hand with his tail, making an audible crunch, breaking multiple bones for sure, sending incredible pain through his hand. He dropped back to the floor of the chamber and was about to try to leap up again when a white smoke like substance emerge from small holes in the wall.

Mason King

Mason and all the other students just watched in horror as the fight played out, then as Henry fell in the hole which quickly filled with the white smoke substance. He had half expected the ninja to jump up through the smoke, but there was nothing, and only a couple moments later the smoke cleared. "I told you guys," MonoMew was saying, "violence against the headmaster is strictly prohibited! I'd hoped that this wouldn't happen, but oh well. At least that means the rest of you guys are that much closer to escape!"

There was a humming coming from the small pit which he quickly noticed was the floor of the chamber raising up. Mason's jaw nearly hit the floor when he saw what had been done to Henry. He had been encased in a solid block of something. He could see Henry's form on the side of the block facing them, his face and body frozen completely. "My god, just like Star Wars…"

"Precisely!" MonoMew replied cheerily, "Although without the living part. I can promise you he is quite dead! See, I'll even prove it!" MonoMew's red eye emitted a laser which he used to cut through the solid grey block at Henry's neck line, then hoisted the cut piece to show that even the Henry's insides had been completely frozen as well, although was a slightly lighter shade than the rest of the grey of the block. "Oh," MonoMew realized all of a sudden, "I guess he could have been alive before… ah well, he's definitely dead now!"

Mason felt sick to his stomach, and he heard someone say softly, "Oh my god…" Kiera covered her mouth with both hands and ran to the nearest trashcan, barfing up her lunch.

"Anyway, I guess I'm off, lots of stuff to do! Besides, all most nighttime for you guys." MonoMew said.

"Hold on," Mason protested, "You're just gonna leave Henry here?"

MonoMew sighed, "I don't know about you guys, but it looks like some pretty good art to me, I was just gonna leave it there. But if you guys don't like it, I suppose I can find some place to put it… I'll take care of it at some point tonight I guess." Suddenly there was a ding dong that sounded throughout the school, and the TV in the cafeteria lit up. A picture of MonoMew appeared on it and said, "Ahem! The time is now 10:00 PM, which means it is now night time! So good night, sleep tight, don't let the bedbugs bite!" With that the TV flickered and shut off. "Wow," MonoMew said, "I never realized I looked so good on TV! Well anyway, see you suckers later!"

With that the students were alone, and mumbled amongst themselves for a moment, then Mason said, "Well, I'm going to bed. Just so that we don't have people wandering around at night, I think it best we try to enforce a curfew, that people should stay in their rooms at night time. Just in case…" Without looking at the other students reaction he walked off towards his room.

Vanessa Bernardi

After all the students had left the cafeteria and gone to their rooms, Vanessa lagged behind a little, making excuses to stick around just a little while longer. When she was alone, she called out MonoMew's name, and a moment later the little pink demon arrived. "What," he replied with a kind of ticked off voice, "I've got things to do you know."

Trying careful not to annoy the headmaster any more, especially now that she had seen exactly what he was capable of, she said, "Well, I was assigned room 212, but there is no room 212…"

MonoMew got a quizzical look on his face, and scratched his nose for a second. "Huh, I guess you're right… whoops! Hmm, what to do… oh! You can have 201, Henry's old room. Just put his stuff to the side or something and I'll do something with it later. And I suppose I'll drop your stuff off there sometime tomorrow or something. By the time you reach your room I'll have your KARD programmed to open the door. Anyway, g'night!"

And with that the little pink and purple thing was gone, flying around a corner and vanishing. She shook her head in exasperation as she headed to her new room, the room who had once belonged to Henry, who she had watched die. The first day wasn't even over just yet, and already things had gone completely crazy.

END OF DAY 1

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    A new dawn​

What could even be done? One student had been killed off quite easily, and Edward figured that it wouldn't stop there. Someone was watching them. Not only that, but that same someone would only kill another for one of two reasons. The first was to make them fearful of fighting back. That if they refused to kill each other then he would kill them one by one. But that made no sense. Eventually if they wanted out then they would have to kill another. Unless… that same person was fearful of them standing together. That if they managed to cooperate then they would find a way out of this place.

The second was that there was an audience that wanted to see bloodshed. They had gotten impatient and so their host had killed one off to appease some viewers. Again, it wouldn't make sense given these viewers would want to see the kids kill each other. All of it made Ed's head whirl in pain. Now the question was who would crack first? Who would snap under the pressure of possibly being killed next? If he could open holes in the floor then could he cause spikes to shoot up through their beds and into their bodies? Fears would stack on top of each other and someone would cave. Either that or everyone would wait and then crack all at once and a murder spree would occur. Perhaps that was the better outcome though? Wait and see who would survive the massacre.

The one query that nagged at his mind was that of the killings themselves. It wasn't a law that a student had to stop with killing only one student. Technically if someone killed everyone else, then that one student could go home. Now… who would stoop to such an act? That was the question of a lifetime.

He had two allies to keep him safe, but would either of them end up succumbing to the robot's demands? It was entirely possible that either of them would turn and start attacking indiscriminately Still, it was better to keep your enemies close. At the very least they were more inclined to listen to his arguments. In the end, it could very well be the three of them who were the last survivors.

A new day would soon be dawning. That would be when more would become clear. At least, Ed hoped so.

Years

Vanessa Bernardi
    Time - 6:50 AM - Day 2

She yawned, shaking her head and trying to clear the cobwebs from her head. Yesterday had been crazy, what with the strange situation they all found themselves in, as well as the death of Henry. She hadn't really known the guy, but he had seemed nice enough, and his death at the hands of MonoMew had seemed...extreme. She had worked with dragons all her life, and was used to her pokemon overreacting in ways, but for someone, or something, to be happily willing to kill in such a horrible way was beyond what she had expected.

She shook her head. What was done was done, worrying about it wouldn't change anything, and they as a group needed to move forward. If the only way to escape this hell was to kill another person, they needed to be sure that didn't happen. No doubt someone would go that far at some point, they needed to unite before that inevitable thing happened. Splintering off in different groups and alliances wouldn't work, that would only further hate and suspicion between them. She made a mental note to bring that up with the rest of the group, they needed to all work as one with some goal in mind. Perhaps they should have group meetings as well, go through all that they had learned in the previous day, and make a new plan for the next. Breakfast was as good a time as any she supposed.

Pushing the door open to the cafeteria, Vanessa looked around. Empty, just clean tables and chairs all neat and orderly. The spot where Henry had died was spotless, the pit that had opened beneath him sealed and seemingly gone, just solid floor. She sighed, and moved on. Coffee, she thought. Coffee first, then deal with everything else. She used her card and the sensor to open the door to the kitchen, and the door softly clicked open. Empty as well she saw as she walked in. She had woken up slightly before everyone else it seemed. Searching through the dry stock she found some coffee grounds, and walked over to the coffee maker pouring the grinds and water in, then starting it, the soft trickling of water into the pot sounding familiar to her, almost comforting for her.

She sliced and toasted a bagel for herself while she waited for the coffee to finish, then leaned against the counter sipping her steaming coffee and taking small bites from her bagel. The bagel seemed so...insubstantial though, and she decided to make some eggs for herself. Maybe some bacon too, that sounded pretty good. Coffee still in hand, she walked over to the refrigerator, a giant walk in cooler, and pulled the door open. Time seemed to slow as the door swung fully open, revealing the scene within. The mug slipped from her hand, crashing on the floor and spilling the dark liquid over the floor, pooling and steaming in the frigid air. "No...no, no no no…" Everything seemed so far away, and somewhere, she heard someone scream…

Mason King
    Time: 7:10 AM - Day 2

"I'm just saying", Jade said obviously irritated with him, "that we need a clearly defined leader, and I'm probably the best choice. I don't care if people don't like me, I'm the best choice for the situation."

Mason sighed, exasperated. "Sure, you have the training or whatever. But this isn't your mother's precious company, this is different. If you want to be a leader for these people, you need to have them follow you, and nobody here wants to follow anybody. I sure f***ing wont follow you."

"That's because you are a bull headed idiot, if you want to lead, be my guest. I'd like to see how well you do!"

"See, that's the difference between you and me, you want to lead, I just want to be left the hell alone." Pushing through the doors to the cafeteria, he was about to continue when he heard a scream. They both froze, then dashed towards where the scream had come from, the kitchen. Mason tried to pull the door open, swore when it was locked, then remembered to swipe his card, and the door clicked open. They rushed in to see Vanessa standing with the door to the refrigerator hanging open, cool air steaming as it mixed with the warm, creating a small blanket of fog across the floor.

Looked over Vanessa's shoulder, his breath caught in his throat, and he found it difficult to speak for a moment. From Jade there was only a slight sigh, and then, "Well, I guess that's that. It's begun."

*Ding Dong Bing Bong* "A body has been discovered!" MonoMew's sickening voice came over the loudspeaker. "Please gather together to begin the investigation!"

Mason said softly, "Well, I'll go gather the rest of us. I guess you guys say here and watch the body.

Thirty Minutes Later -

MonoMew hovered before the kitchen door, a sadistic smile on his face. Everyone by now had seen the body, the body of Valeri with a knife in her chest, sprawled against the wall of the refrigerator. "Well, looks like everyone is in attendance, so let's get this thing started, shall we?" He pulled out his own Kard from some secret pocket or compartment in his body, and pushed a few buttons with his stubby little hands. "I've sent a file, the Murder File over to your Kards, it contains basic information about the murder such as assumed cause of death, time of death, and other somewhat important details! I'll let you guys get started with the investigation then."

Before he zipped off, Mason called out for him to stop. "There are some things that I don't quite understand. What exactly are we investigating, and why?"

MonoMew chuckled. "Well, in a few hours, we'll have a school trial to determine which one of you killed Rosalina. Till then, you guys grab all the evidence you can find. And….that's about it! Not really that complicated!" With that, MonoMew sped away, leaving the students standing there in silence.

Not knowing what else to do, Mason pulled out his Kard as the students began to scatter and checked the Murder File that MonoMew had sent him. The information for the most part seemed pretty basic, but still might hold some clues."

-- MURDER FILE --

The victim was Valeri Byrant. The cause of death appears to be a knife stabbed into her heart. There are also several stab wounds in the lower abdomen as well. The time of death is estimated to be around 2:00 AM.

END OF FILE

Mason shook his head, there must have been more to it than that. Going back into the kitchen, he stared at the body. Meghan and Declan stood by the door as well. "You guys find anything?"

"Nah", Meghan replied, "I'm not really much for the whole investigating thing, I'll leave that to those who are better at that sort of thing. Brooke thought it might be a good idea to have a couple people watch the body so that nobody messes with it, just in case. So me and the big guy were the obvious choice."

Mason nodded, it was a good idea, the murderer could try and come back and tamper with evidence, so having a watch seemed pretty smart. Walking into the now warm fridge he found Thomas picking around with the body. "And what are you doing?"

Thomas looked up at him, then back at the body, poking his fingers into the stab wounds. "Doing an autopsy, at least the best I can do with limited time and resources. I'm going to lay the body down as well and try to find some more information, so if you want to see anything, do it now."

Mason nodded again, remembering that Thomas was the ultimate doctor, so this sort of thing was right up his alley. "The murder file includes a picture of the body, so I think you could probably move it...but just in case…" Mason moved to get a better look. Valeri had died sitting up against the far wall of the fridge, her head slumped down and her legs splayed out before her. Her hands hung limp from her body at her side, blood covering her hands. There were several cuts in her clothing where she had been seemingly stabbed, hard blood covering the clothing, and a knife stuck in her chest right where her heart was. Blood had pooled on the floor, some of it streaking the wall behind her as well. Studying the floor he saw other small blood splatters. "All right Doc", he said tiredly, "guess I've seen everything that I need to, I suppose you can do your thing now…"

He walked back out to the main cafeteria, wondering where he should investigate next…

Years

Kasey Hotternell
    Investigating a Cold Case

Kasey had been sleeping when the alarm went off, rousing him from a pleasant ice cream dream. The news that one of his classmates was dead made it worse. When he found out it was in the kitchen, he started to get mad. "Okay, who could have done this? This kitchen is supposed to be kept sanit-"

His words die in his throat when he sees the victim. Little Val, who he had befriended and made nachos for, lay in a pool of her own blood. "No... Not Half-Pint... She was a good helper... a good friend..." He can do nothing but stare, and when everyone else steps back to listen to MonoMew, Kasey slumps against a wall, his thoughts in turmoil.

Thomas begins inspecting her body, Mason moves around the area, and the others find things to do. Kasey just stares at the small prep table, where he and Val had been working just yesterday. He thinks back to when they had formally met, the door unlocking and the four girls coming in to see him in the kitchen.

"Maybe... whoever k... did this... maybe they used their Kard to open the door..." He says it out loud, but to no one in particular. He goes back over his memories of her, remembering her running in and hiding. "I just wanted to help, but Jenna yelled at me. And Vanessa just stood there and let her! I have ideas too, you know!"

"Hey Mason..." he heads after Mason, a dark look in his eye. "I think we should see if anyone had any motive to kill Half-Pint like that. I'd start with Jenna or Vanessa. They had some kind of argument yesterday. And someone who knows computers should see who unlocked the door last night, looking for a midnight snack."

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
    Years
    • Age 33
    • Seen Oct 1, 2023
    The first one​

It was bound to happen eventually. With such tight confines it was inevitable that someone would end up snapping and wanting their freedom. So Edward wasn't that surprised… but at the same time he thought it a bit early for someone to already act out. It had been barely less than two days already and now someone was so desperate to get out that they went ahead and started the murder spree. He supposed it was due to the untimely passing of Henry, and that very well might have been the straw to tip the camel's back.

All Edward wondered was why they were trying to solve this case. The robot had stated that someone would be able to leave if they weren't found out. Which meant that person could leave and get help from outside. Hell, tons of questions would pop up with the media wanting to know why this single student had reappeared and yet the others remained hidden. The worst case scenario Ed could bring to mind would be that the sadistic mew would kill some more students… but if in the end more could be saved this way, then wasn't it worth it? From what it sounded like everyone would keep on killing everyone until they would be able to leave. If everyone kept on doing these trials, then eventually only one student would be left.

In an idealistic setting, it would be best for the perpetrator to not be brought to justice. To have him or her leave and the rest of them to wait for help to arrive. But this wasn't an idealistic setting. And Edward wasn't planning on dying yet. So he focused on something that he had noticed amid the initial commotion. It was a small lead… but he figured that he could make do with it. He couldn't outright shout out what he had found. The killer would know as well and perhaps create some sort of alibi, or worse yet, kill him.

He was already forming a game plan in his head, but it looked like he needed to make some new friends.

Back