• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokeballs!

PelipperMail

Banned
    Years
    My favourite balls, early in the game, are Pokeballs. If possible I catch all my Pokemon in these balls - I'm not sure why I do, I just find it more pleasing. Perhaps this habit comes from Ash Ketchum...

Although, when I'm attempting to complete the Pokedex, I'll use whatever balls suit me the best - generally I play at night, so I'll just use Dusk Balls all of the time, as they are 4x more effective than Pokeballs.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
    Years
    • Age 8
    • +
    • Seen Sep 15, 2020
    I'm always using Ultra Balls since they are useful for any kind of Pokémon and they're just...the most used Pokéball for me I guess. It's always been a thing to catch most Pokémon in an Ultra Ball since, (like TG stated) they are the most convenient of all for me. Though it's not my ultimate favorite, as I'd have to say the regular Pokéball would be the type I like the most. Sure it's only pretty useful in the beginning of games, but it's original and I just like it the most. n_n Plus, it's always fun to give a little challenge for myself and catch all legendaries with just a Pokéball.

Years
    • UK
    • Seen Jan 29, 2013
    I mainly use Dusk Balls, since they work well in caves and I mostly play Pokémon at night. If I'm not playing at night I almost always use Ultra Balls. Unless I remember I have a more useful ball to use (like a Timer Ball or Repeat Ball etc).

LeafeonxxEeveexxEspeon

Eevee Trainer
    Years
    I like the designs of some of the rare balls, like Love balls or Luxury balls. Otherwise I always use Great balls or just the original ones. In Platinum particularly, I liked using ball capsules over the plain ones. I'd make them spell the Poké's name in stickers.

Years
    • Seen Mar 18, 2017
    Since I usually play at night (thank you, school), I usually use Dusk Balls. I don't really feel like wasting money on a zillion useless nest balls just because the pokemon is green.

GlitchCity

GlitchxCity
    Years
    In the beginning of the game I stick to pokeballs, and when ultra balls become available I go for those. I just skip buying the great balls, they don't appeal to my catching need xDD

Years
    [SIZE="a"]I actually try to match colors because I'm weird like that XD
    I try to catch pink ones in a heal ball or dream world ball, or green in duskballs. However as we all know, it wont always turn out that way :/[/SIZE]

Back