• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokeballs!

Years
    • Seen Jun 15, 2023
    Hmm, well......the way I do it, I try to pick the pokeball with the color of the pokemon that I'm catching. Like Palkia. Palkia has somewhat a pink color to it, so I used a love ball.
    On Dialga.. now Dialga has more blue to it, so I used a Great Ball on it. Thats the way I use the different Pokeballs. I use plain pokeball on just any old pokemon. But for Legendary pokemon and sort, I try to mach the color. I may have to turn off/on my game many times to see which pokeball works the best. The master ball doesn't look too bad ether.
    I just go with the color of the pokemon mostly

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
    Years
    Ultra Ball is my go-to capturing item of choice for general Pokemon-capturing, however I like the looks of the Luxury Ball the best and will capture special Pokemon in them.

I also like Premier Balls, Heal Balls, Dusk Balls and Timer Balls for their looks. Dusk Balls are also quite useful since I do a lot of playing at night.

C Payne

Hoenn in 3D!
    Years
    • Va
    • Seen Aug 23, 2014
    Hmm, well......the way I do it, I try to pick the pokeball with the color of the pokemon that I'm catching. Like Palkia. Palkia has somewhat a pink color to it, so I used a love ball.
    On Dialga.. now Dialga has more blue to it, so I used a Great Ball on it. Thats the way I use the different Pokeballs. I use plain pokeball on just any old pokemon. But for Legendary pokemon and sort, I try to mach the color. I may have to turn off/on my game many times to see which pokeball works the best. The master ball doesn't look too bad ether.
    I just go with the color of the pokemon mostly

Would seem nice to have the pokeball match the pokemon in some way, lol, and being that some of what you use are odd to see a legendary in. :o So would you use a premier ball(if you had one) on something like Reshiram?

Jovi

schadenfreude
    Years
    • Seen May 6, 2012
    I guess my favorite would be the Luxury Ball, but I don't capture every Pokemon I see in it. My choice of what Pokeball to use is based on what would fit the Pokemon's appearance most.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
    Years
    • Seen Apr 27, 2020
    Weren't you able to customize Pokéballs (well, the effect at least) in D/P? I believe it was this. I've never ever used this because I didn't get it at all, I didn't understand what to do, but my cousin did use it.

Anyways, I like the Repeat ball, Premier ball, Net ball, Nest ball and Cherish ball (though I don't like the effect of the Cherish ball), and I love the regular Pokéball as well. I try not to catch too many Pokémon in an Ultra ball because I actually think it's pretty ugly, so most of the time I use a Great ball instead.

NothingPersonal

The vietnamese pokemon master.
    Years
    Pokeballs at the beginning of the game, great balls in the middle of the game, then, a bit deeper into the game, ultraballs. Then I occasionally use other pokeballs such dusk balls, timer balls, etc, if they're available.

Ray F

' Friendship > Chuck Norris
    Years
    • Seen Jul 14, 2016
    Most of the time regular Pokéballs, I love their simple design; and I always try every Pokémon in my team to be in a Pokéball.
    There are times where I have to use Ultra, Super or whatever Pokéball I find in the road when I don't have more regular Pokéballs. I get kind of mad when that happens.

7Mufasa7

Velohsytea
    Years
    • Seen Dec 19, 2014
    i like the dusk balls alot. and the heavy balls.

i hate the luxury balls -_-

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
    Years
    Ultra, Dusk and Quick balls I find are the most useful. Through the main-game I'll use whatever I can get my hands on though, lol. ;-; I don't really go by "Oh! Dialga is Blue and Gray so my choice must be a Dive Ball" idk. If I want the Pokemon and I have the Pokeball, I'll use it. Appearance-wise, I find that the Great Ball has a cute color scheme.

Years
    • Age 29
    • Seen May 11, 2023
    I use the pokeball that best suits the pokemon (unless it's got a very low catch rate, then it's usually dusk ball :p) since if you're training bug and use a net ball, it looks great when they come out in the net. Same with Love Balls for cute pokemon, hehe!

Pokemon Trainer Touko

春野サクラ ♥
    Years
    Well, I like using Quick balls because I caught most of my pokemon (including legendaries) with them. If that doesn't work, I use ultra balls or dusk balls depending of the time of the day. xDD;

Years
    My fave Poke Balls are the Timer Ball for its animation, Dive Ball for it's "Ice Blue" coloring and Dusk Ball and Quick Ball for general design.

Centiflora X

Thread Killer
    Years
    • Seen Nov 18, 2011
    Dusk Balls and Nest Balls; they have many opportunities to have a higher catch rate than Ultra Balls, not to mention cheaper as well.

~*!*~Tatsujin Gosuto~*!*~

Buffalo State College
    Years
    I love how the Cherish ball looks in color and the special effect; I also love the Timer ball and Dusk ball effects too. But the ball that I use the most is Ultra Balls because they are the most convenient in my opinion since you can buy them in practically any Pokemart.

:t354:TG

Back