• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Please note that this section is for questions regarding the forum itself - it is not for fan game-related questions. If you have a question about a fan game, ask in the appropriate thread.

• Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Issue: Pokecommunity freezing Firefox?

Azure Wish

Haha. No.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2012
    When I open Pokecommunity from my bookmarks, (https://pokecommunity.com) Firefox freezes for maybe five seconds, then it responds normally. This only happens when I have not opened up Pokecommunity at all yet from when I started up my computer, and only with the index. I checked with Google Chrome and Internet Explorer and they do not have the problem. Is it a problem with my settings, or what?

Zet

Years
    Have you got firefox updated to the latest version and closed any tabs that you don't need any more(it's to free up your computer's memory and should make PC load much faster without the freezing).

Rukario

Banned
    Years
    first, edit your bookmark to be www.pokecommunity.com (with the www)

It may be how firefox renders the page, like it gets most of the data (looks frozen to you) THEN draws the page..

also could be all the javascript being loaded, less powerful comps could struggle with that on a fresh (non-cached) load.

what is your comp specs? which version of firefox? any 'strange' plugins?

Azure Wish

Haha. No.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2012
    inb4Rukario

Have you cleared your Cache and cookies?

By the way, PokeCommunity freezes my mother's laptop completely for almost 2 minutes at times. And yes, the cache is cleared and whatnot.

Yes, I have cleared my cache and cookies.
    Have you got firefox updated to the latest version and closed any tabs that you don't need any more(it's to free up your computer's memory and should make PC load much faster without the freezing).

Yes, my Firefox version is 5.0.1

first, edit your bookmark to be www.pokecommunity.com (with the www)

It may be how firefox renders the page, like it gets most of the data (looks frozen to you) THEN draws the page..

also could be all the javascript being loaded, less powerful comps could struggle with that on a fresh (non-cached) load.

what is your comp specs? which version of firefox? any 'strange' plugins?

As I said before, I run firefox 5.0.1, and no weird plugins. I changed the bookmark and it still freezes.
    I have a amd athlon ii dual core m320 processor and 3 gigs of ram.

sorry if this isnt enough info

Last edited:

Zet

Years
    Yes, my Firefox version is 4.0.1
    Firefox 5.0.1 is the latest version, I suggest uninstalling 4.0.1(write down the addons/plugins you want to keep, and make a backup of your bookmarks as well) and choose to remove all settings. After that, restart your computer and install firefox 5.0.1

Firefox 6 will be out later this week, or at least it is said to be released, but to make your bookmark backup easier I suggest using Xmarks which is an addon that can backup and sync your bookmarks, password and open tabs anywhere.

Azure Wish

Haha. No.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2012
    Firefox 5.0.1 is the latest version, I suggest uninstalling 4.0.1(write down the addons/plugins you want to keep, and make a backup of your bookmarks as well) and choose to remove all settings. After that, restart your computer and install firefox 5.0.1

Firefox 6 will be out later this week, or at least it is said to be released, but to make your bookmark backup easier I suggest using Xmarks which is an addon that can backup and sync your bookmarks, password and open tabs anywhere.

*facepalms* ment Firefox 5.0.1 im such an idiot

Azure Wish

Haha. No.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2012
    I am using the Stand Nexus. I will try switching skins tomorrow and I'll see of that resolves it.

Cherrim

PSA: Blossom Shower theme is BACK ♥
    Years
    My Firefox used to freeze for me whenever I did almost anything. I think it's just the browser. :/ Upgrading to the Firefox 6 beta stopped it completely for me though so if you're still having the problem and want to stick with Firefox, download that or wait for the wide release soon.

Azure Wish

Haha. No.
    Years
    • Seen Apr 7, 2012
    Two days late :P
    I switched styles and Firefox does not freeze up anymore, so it is apparently the Stand Nexus skin.

Back