• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokedialga's Pixel 2.0

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
Years
I have two major problems that i found. With the fakemon their shading is off. Remember to pick a spot where the light source is and have the brighter shades closer to it. One sprite in particular has a light color on it's stomach. That should be replaced with a darker shade. And i noticed that the reindeer have skinny legs and they're in an awkward position.

Giratina ♀

what's your sign?
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
Hmm. I think that your linework is pretty good, except for a few cases where you used the Line tool just a little too much. The main problem is your shading. In the larger pieces, there needs to be more shading, and instead of cross-pixelling you just need to use more shades. It makes the piece look better overall - and besides, there's no color limits when you're making the sprite for fun, so you don't need to cross-pixel at all if you don't want to.

Poke_a_Dialga!

EXAMS TESTS AND EXAMS QAQ
Years
I have two major problems that i found. With the fakemon their shading is off. Remember to pick a spot where the light source is and have the brighter shades closer to it. One sprite in particular has a light color on it's stomach. That should be replaced with a darker shade. And i noticed that the reindeer have skinny legs and they're in an awkward position.
Finally, some good comments :knockedou
Thanks! I'll change it when I have time.
Oh yes, in which way is the reindeer awkwards?

Hmm. I think that your linework is pretty good, except for a few cases where you used the Line tool just a little too much. The main problem is your shading. In the larger pieces, there needs to be more shading, and instead of cross-pixelling you just need to use more shades. It makes the piece look better overall - and besides, there's no color limits when you're making the sprite for fun, so you don't need to cross-pixel at all if you don't want to.
Oh I see...
I'll get that fixed.

Spoiler:

Conan Edogawa

One Truth Prevails
Years
The reindeer looks weird because it doesn't really have a neck. If you brought the head up and allowed for a neck then you would have room to make the legs look more leg like. Right now they look like arms rather than legs. On animals like reindeer the legs have a smoother transition and tend to be "attached" at the bottom of the body.

Poke_a_Dialga!

EXAMS TESTS AND EXAMS QAQ
Years
The reindeer looks weird because it doesn't really have a neck. If you brought the head up and allowed for a neck then you would have room to make the legs look more leg like. Right now they look like arms rather than legs. On animals like reindeer the legs have a smoother transition and tend to be "attached" at the bottom of the body.
There are species of reindeer which has short necks :\

Back