• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Other] [pokeemerald] Pokedex expansion over 1000?

LCCoolJ95

Limited Capacity
Years
  • I was just curious if anyone has figured out the best way to have the dex read over 1000 without it looking so "squished", or overlapping (if that makes sense).

Years
    • Seen yesterday
    I was just curious if anyone has figured out the best way to have the dex read over 1000 without it looking so "squished", or overlapping (if that makes sense).

The obvious change would be to just add another number to the number string, but if that looks too squished or overlapping to you, you either need to rearrange the screen layout to make everything fit or make the numbers smaller.
    Personally I think that making the numbers use a smaller font is a reasonably good solution for how easy it is:
    [pokeemerald] Pokedex expansion over 1000?

This was done by changing the function CreateMonDexNum in src/pokedex.c to this:
    Code:
    static void CreateMonDexNum(u16 entryNum, u8 left, u8 top, u16 unused)
    {
        static const u8 sText_No000[] = _("{NO}{SHIFT_RIGHT}{9}0000");
        u8 text[10];
        u16 dexNum;

memcpy(text, sText_No000, ARRAY_COUNT(text));
        dexNum = sPokedexView->pokedexList[entryNum].dexNum;
        if (sPokedexView->dexMode == DEX_MODE_HOENN)
           dexNum = NationalToHoennOrder(dexNum);
        text[5] = CHAR_0 + dexNum / 1000;
        text[6] = CHAR_0 + (dexNum % 1000) / 100;
        text[7] = CHAR_0 + (dexNum % 100) / 10;
        text[8] = CHAR_0 + (dexNum % 100) % 10;
        PrintMonDexNumAndName(0, FONT_SMALL_NARROW, text, left, top);
    }

"best way" and "looking so "squished"" are both subjective metrics. Figure out what looks the best to you and implement it.

Back