• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokefakers

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    There are two big fakers (or lyers) in pokemon: Brock and Ash. Ash wants to be a pokemon master, but this keeps happening:

Ash: Wow, it's Suicune!!
    Misty: Well, aren't you going to catch it?
    Ash: Nah, I'm just gonna stare :).

Ash: Woah, It's Rayquaza!!
    May: Well, aren't you gonna catch it?
    Ash: No, I'm just gonna watch :).

Ash: Cool, It's a Darkrai!!
    Dawn: Well aren't you gonna catch it?
    Ash: Nuh uh, I'm just gonna gaze :).

And all brock does is make food, he's more of a cook than a breeder.
    Has anyone else noticed these things?

Z o M B ii 3

Upgrade your Grey Matter.
    Years
    YOURE RIGHT HE CAN JUST GO OUT AND BATTLE IT WHILE WE HAVE TO WAIT FFOR AN EVENT!!

Calm down, Caps Locks is not the cruise control of the internet no matter what anyone tells you.
    Yes, I have noticed this and found myself laughing afterwards.
    The show never makes sense.

evilmewtwo

Mew Clone
    Years
    • Seen Aug 15, 2008
    me and my friend have noticed that aswell, im glad it wasnt just us. thanks for pointing out the brock thing aswell

Wulf

Am I kawaii know? Uguu~
    Years
    Calm down, Caps Locks is not the cruise control of the internet no matter what anyone tells you.

Yes, I have noticed this and found myself laughing afterwards.

The show never makes sense.
    I beieve Rule 31. Would like to talk to you.
    "31. CAPSLOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL." - Urbandictionary.com

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years

First off, you're a complete idiot. The only 'rules' are rules 1 and 2, and the only people that follow them are /b/-tards, who are on the same social tier as Gaia Online users (often times, they're one and the same). And Urban Dictionary? Just stop.

Also rule 34, but that really goes without saying.

As for the main question, Ash can't catch those Pokemon because of the continuity. What would actually happen if Ash caught Rayquaza? He'd pretty much beat every opponent and every gym with ease, which would kinda be pointless to watch.

As for Brock, he is a breeder. In the show, a breeder is defined as someone who takes care of Pokemon, and raises them. Brock cooks all the food for the Pokemon, giving each of them the special care they need. Not to mention his extensive knowledge on all the different types of Pokemon. Voila, he's a breeder.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    First off, you're a complete idiot. The only 'rules' are rules 1 and 2, and the only people that follow them are /b/-tards, who are on the same social tier as Gaia Online users (often times, they're one and the same). And Urban Dictionary? Just stop.

Also rule 34, but that really goes without saying.

As for the main question, Ash can't catch those Pokemon because of the continuity. What would actually happen if Ash caught Rayquaza? He'd pretty much beat every opponent and every gym with ease, which would kinda be pointless to watch.

As for Brock, he is a breeder. In the show, a breeder is defined as someone who takes care of Pokemon, and raises them. Brock cooks all the food for the Pokemon, giving each of them the special care they need. Not to mention his extensive knowledge on all the different types of Pokemon. Voila, he's a breeder.

A breeder is someone who not only feeds pokemon but BREEDS them. He should take a job as a daycare person instead. "Brock's Mobile Pokemon Daycare Service"

Toblerone

Which chocolate is the best?
    Years
    • Seen Apr 18, 2010
    Yeah, i have noticed that! Ash never ever catches a Pokémon like Suicine or Darkrai etc.. i remember in one Pokémon anime when Ho - oh appears, but no, instead of catching it he watches as it flies into the distance XD.

As for Brock, everyone is right as all he does is cook XD.

airconditioning

Take it slow, bro.
    Years
    A breeder is someone who not only feeds pokemon but BREEDS them. He should take a job as a daycare person instead. "Brock's Mobile Pokemon Daycare Service"

Not really, according to the anime. From Bulbapedia:

Bulbapedia said:
    Pokémon breeders typically concern themselves with raising Pokémon for health and happiness, rather than for Pokémon battles.

Aspects of Pokémon breeders in the anime typically also handle or cover include:

* Making and hatching Pokémon eggs
    * Pokémon grooming
    * Pokémon nutrition

The first, however, is mostly based on assumption. Breeders in the anime have not been seen helping Pokémon breed, possibly because it would involve inappropriate material for a children's cartoon.

If Brock isn't a breeder, then nobody in the anime is.

Years
    • Seen Jul 20, 2016
    Brock's a good breeder,he takes care of his Pokemon,trains them,and ofcourse feeds them.
    Ash i guess doesn't want to capture a Legend since it might ruin the balance of Nature like the three birds in pokemon 2000.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
    Years
    Not really, according to the anime. From Bulbapedia:

If Brock isn't a breeder, then nobody in the anime is.

You sound like some little smart alack I know, not that you are one, (no offense) but he says things like this a lot... ANYWAY:)
    Well he really doesn't mention he's a breeder at all in Sinnoh (well a couple of times).
    Well it's been a long time since I've watched season 1 where it all started, I know it's sorta off topic, but it's just so nostalgic.

Years
    ;_;....But I like Gaia.

ANYWAYS.
    Pokemon Master =/= Catching Legendaries. Do the Champions have legends on their teams?

And a breeder is not just making babies, it's the proper care of pokemon. And to breed like the players do, he would have a large pool of pokemon and pretty much say "You two go mess with each other and see what we get.", which I don't would be suitable for the anime. I also don't think the anime has ever show different type of pokemon making eggs together as well.

I Laugh at your Misfortune!

Normal is a synonym for boring
    Years

okay, so ash can't catch legendaries. But he could try, after all, a real pokemon master would at least try to catcha ryaquaza, wouldn't he?

Plus, legendaries aren't unbeatable: Noland's articuno was pwned by ash's charizard, and brandon's regice lost to pikachu.

fenyx4

HOENN CONFIRMED!
    Years
    About the 'breeding' thing...didn't Cynthia say no human has ever seen a Pokemon egg being made; it just mysteriously appears? That could explain why the anime leaves that aspect of breeding out altogether...

Neko

PC's Traveling Artist
    Years
    Technically, you don't really need legendaries to become a Pokemon Master. If your team is leveled up high enough it shouldn't matter, but maybe I am looking at this the wrong way..*dies* (Does he mean being a "Pokemon" Master by catching all the Pokemon, or does he mean "Pokemon Master" by being the strongest trainer in the world?)

Brock...is just weird. x_x He used to be sort of a breeder in the Kanto days I guess, but now...meh. Don't really know what to consider him. I guess he's just a regular trainer who...likes to cook. A lot. xD

-Neko

Jorah

What do I put here?
    Years
    • Age 33
    • UK
    • Seen Aug 18, 2021
    It depends what the definition of a Pokemon Master is though. Is it to get all of them and win the league? Is it *just* to win the league? Or defeat the champion? Or something more?

Well, unless Ash has got a Master Ball with him, his chances of catching legendaries is zero.

Dawn: Well aren't you gonna catch it?
    Ash: Pikachu, Thunderbolt!
    Darkrai: *Roar of Time*
    Pikachu: *dies*

The Mudkip man in that random AG episode bred Mudkips as starter Pokemon. I think it was called "A Mudkip Mission"

LOL

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
    Years
    • Age 32
    • Seen Oct 1, 2021
    I know, they kinda misuse the term breeder but Brock is more of a Pokemon nurse. He feeds them, heals them, and now has a Happiny sure to become a Chansey, I think this is how they will rid of Brock finally. Ash befriends the legendary Pokemon and that could eventually mean something in a future movie.

Back