• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Scripting Question] Pokegear variant thats like a phone

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 26, 2024
So been thinking that the pokgear could easily become a phone as its just changing how teh icons for the buttons are rendered and maybe removing the text/changing where it is, instead of rewriting the entire code.

however i cant seem to figure out where to change it (might just be my dead brain right now) any pointers?

main things that would change is where the icons buttons for each section, aswell as their text and icons load/render and how the selected is picked? (probably just changing how the selected value changes)

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen today
I have to admit, I'm having a bit of trouble understanding what it is you want to do, but the graphics for the pokegear are in Graphics\Pictures\Pokegear, and the script section for the pokegear is PScreen_Pokegear.

Do you have a mockup of how you want it to look? That might help narrow down the changes you need.

Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 26, 2024
sorry for being confusing,

MYrBRgP.png

quick thing i did,
might not be effective but changed how the scene loads each option instead of vertical being horizontal

only issue is getting it to not go off screen, say after 4th one then appearing at the bottom.
doing the actual sprites isnt out of my realm just the coding side ^^ hope this clears it up a bit (the rounded boxes are the options (or like the apps in sense to it being a phone)

maybe also why it like lowers down a bit when selected but might just be something i overlooked.

edit:

added the old pokegear icons and came across something odd...

7p36OII.png

heres the entire script (the cmd stuff is all fine but there)

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 26, 2024
managed to do some fixes, sorted out the icon thing, however still no idea how to get around making the buttons stack.

13moERI.png

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Apr 26, 2024
just changed the icon locations and it kinda fixed it?

Code:
imagepos=[         # Icon is put on both unselected and selected buttons
       [icon,6,122,0,0,-1,-1],
       [icon,6,6,0,0,-1,-1]
What that part looks like now.

also did # out the bit above about the text position (of the button names) so might have also fixed it

Last edited:
Back